Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:11:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 991744 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4095 on: August 19, 2014, 08:37:28 AM

Argh.  Stupid PGI.

I'd kill for a Stock match-maker so it wasn't necessary to self-organize.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #4096 on: August 19, 2014, 08:46:36 AM

Removing penalties from weapon modules is really really stupid. Maybe tune them some but straight out removing ACK! headache
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #4097 on: August 19, 2014, 12:08:58 PM

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4098 on: August 19, 2014, 12:38:32 PM

I'm always the hyper sensitive one, but a cop 'mech with all the Ferguson shit going down right now is a very unfortunate coincidence.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4099 on: August 19, 2014, 02:43:27 PM

What the fuck is that ?

ACK!

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4100 on: August 19, 2014, 06:52:55 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

You may have noticed in this most recent patch that a heat penalty from weapon modules appears removed from the descriptions of those modules.
The removal of this text was caused by database error as a result of work being done towards the August 26th patch.

We’ve discussed the concern and Alex has asked me to share what is to come for the modules:
For those curious, first, we intend to introduce additional levels to the Weapon Range modules, giving each a total of 5 ranks. This shall be introduced for the August 26th patch.

In the meantime though, all you need to know is that heat penalties will continue to occur with weapon range modules until August 26th, when they will be removed. For now, you can still see the effect of these penalties reflected in the Heat Management bar of your Mechlab.

Second, we are beginning to look into a new series of modules which will affect the cooldown on weapons. These modules are currently estimated to arrive in-game for early to mid-September and will be the next in a variety of other modules systems we are currently investigating.

We apologize for any confusion on this matter and thank you for raising your concerns on this matter to us. See you on the Battlefield!

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4101 on: August 19, 2014, 11:20:10 PM

I'm sorry, that Vindi is butt ugly.

And that change to waepon modules is "I'm sorry your shiney Clan mech overheats, Here, let me take away the extra heat from Modules, Now buy more clan Ktnksbi!"

Really less and less urge to play this game, and its entirely due to PGI. What a fucked up company.

Hic sunt dracones.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4102 on: August 19, 2014, 11:23:27 PM

To recap they are going to:

Encourage boating.

Increase the grind before you can play on even footing by a TON and increase the amount of disadvantage new players are at by a fuckton.

Make the rich richer.

Reduce viable variants and increase strength of best variants.

PGI is fucking retarded and I hate that I couldn't stay away the month it would have taken for this patch to renew my hatred for them enough to not play their mediocre arena shooter that they keep making worse.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4103 on: August 19, 2014, 11:26:28 PM

And I just realized I don't have a single weapons module on any of my mechs. Explains a lot.  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #4104 on: August 20, 2014, 12:00:35 AM

The only weapon modules I use (atleast until now) are the ones for AMS (range and overload). Now especially when they'll make 5 levels to the weapon mods the range benefit will probably be so great that it's going to be stupid not to use one for whatever weapon you decide to boat to get the full advantage of it.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4105 on: August 20, 2014, 01:08:44 AM

They've actually released that mech under the heading of 'To Protect and Serve'.

Yeah, the timing is just the fucking worst.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4106 on: August 20, 2014, 03:03:00 AM

What is it exactly that you don't like about it?  why so serious?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4107 on: August 20, 2014, 03:34:46 AM

FIRE ENGINE !!!

RING THE BELL!!!!

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4108 on: August 20, 2014, 04:06:22 PM

They are testing the new map and the "Unit Creation" stuff. You have to patch the Test Client if you are interested.

Greetings MechWarriors,

We are pleased to open up the Public Test server for our longest test yet. This test will last 24 hours and be focused in three main areas:

First, the new Unit Creation feature for Community Warfare will be available in the front-end.
Around this feature, we hope to hear from you about both the usability and art of the interface for creating units, as well as any bugs discovered in testing.
Please note, pre-registered units will not be present in this version. They will have to be generated manually by the player for the purpose of the test.

Second, we will be testing the new Mech Factory map, which will be present on 100% rotation in the test server.
We hope to hear from you on any issues involving collisions and textures, We’d also appreciate us your feedback on the map layout, spawn locations and more.

Finally, we will be testing the server hardware at our brand new data center to determine whether that equipment will adequately improve our current live production services.
On this subject, we would like to know about your ping and connectivity in-game, responsiveness of saved changes, and the effect of these changes on client-server synchronization during matches.
We’re especially eager to hear about how it compares to the live game!

Please see the notes below for full details of the test:

Date
21-Aug-2014

Focus
Unit Creation
New Community Warfare Feature
Functionality Testing – Please find bugs!
Usability Testing – Tell us what you think of the interface!
Codename: Industrial
New Game Map
Destructive Map Testing – Please find collision, out-of-world, and/or texture bugs!
Play-Testing – Please tell us what you think of the map!
Connectivity
New Data Center Systems
Smoke/Load Testing – Can you connect? Can you get into a match? Any desyncs?
Performance Testing – Please tell us about your connectivity, ping, responsiveness, etc…

Test Time
Start: Noon PDT / 3PM EDT / 7PM UTC
Duration: 24 hours.

Eligibility
All players registered before 20-Aug-2014 at 4:30AM PDT may join the test.

Testing Provisions
Your live account inventory, as of 4:30AM PDT on August 20th, plus:
An additional 25,000 MC in the Test Server.
An additional 50,000,000 CBills in the Test Server.
An additional 500,000 GXP in the Test Server.

For More Info, please check out the Public Test sub-forums: http://mwomercs.com/...27-public-test/
You can download the Public Test client here: http://patcher.mwome...neInstaller.exe

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4109 on: August 21, 2014, 01:00:44 PM

A new video log is out and it's 18 minutes of very little importance. The best part is towards the end (about minute 12:00) when Paul starts playing around and zooming in and out the Inner Sphere map.

Dev Vlog #7 - August 2014.

Significant stuff being mentioned or shown:

- New Map (Industrial complex) should favour short range combat. Meant to encourage a lot of little fights in different regions of the map. Lots of cover, it's almost a urban map. It's a "night time but very brightly lit" map.
- The Merc Units' coffers can't be used to transfer money between players. The coffer will be used by the Unit Leader to... "upgrade defenses on planets... bid on contracts for plant takeover..." (but that won't be used until the next phase of Community Warfare gets released).

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4110 on: August 21, 2014, 01:35:07 PM

I am on the Test Client testing the Unit Creation tool right now. I have to say, the best thing that comes with it is GUILD CHAT. Assuming (hoping) it stores messages posted while you are in a match, it definitely creates a better tool to communicate with friends than the shitty one currently available. I like that you can see Units [tags] in the game loby now. It was obvious, but you never know with PGI.

We also have about 32 completely editable ranks for the Corp, so we'll have to come up with something interesting. Or just use "Terracotta Army" for everyone and leave it at that. Hell, with 32 ranks I think we can just all get a unique custom grief title.

The New Map, 'Mech Factory/Industrial Complex" is actually really cool, but the lighting is very weird. I swear, the lasers were giving me a headache, they are bright as Las Vegas on a bad trip. Seizure inducing for sure.

and the Inner Sphere zoomable map seen in the video is... not in this build of the client. Bah, sad.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4111 on: August 22, 2014, 08:37:25 AM

The new map., in the usual "better than PGI's" video.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4112 on: August 22, 2014, 11:16:19 AM

From now until to Tuesday, when they will bring down the servers for the patch.

10 wins = free mechbay
20 wins = 7 days Premium time
50 wins = 6,5 Million Cbills

SOLO QUEUE ONLY

>> This is the link to check your progress. <<

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 11:20:36 AM by Falconeer »

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4113 on: August 22, 2014, 11:43:47 AM

Now this I can do.  Or is it Clan vs IS weekend?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4114 on: August 22, 2014, 11:50:58 AM

No, no weird stuff. Go for it!

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4115 on: August 22, 2014, 12:12:17 PM

I find it refreshing that people are charging bases and just WINNING, rather than fucking about.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4116 on: August 22, 2014, 02:30:26 PM

50 wins in 4 days. Average game time of 7 mins and win rate of 70% that's only 8 hours of play time!  awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4117 on: August 23, 2014, 04:57:08 AM

Much much more than that for me. 70% win rate in the solo queue is a mirage.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #4118 on: August 23, 2014, 05:27:12 AM

You have to be among the best MWO players if your solo contribution accounts for 70% win rate compared to the average 50%.  ACK!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4119 on: August 23, 2014, 07:02:39 AM

My solo queue win rate feels more like 25%...

Pretty sure the ELO system matches me with people as sucky as I am, but not against. tongue

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4120 on: August 23, 2014, 07:42:44 AM

My Win/Loss rate is exactly 50%. It has been like this since forever, since before the stats reset, and after. Basically, it has been 50% over two years, and across more than 5000 matches. To get 50 wins, depending on luck (winning streaks or losing streaks) it'll take me about 100 matches, which at an average game time of 7 minutes, but coutng at least an additional 3 from queuing up to the beginning of a match it's at least 16 hours /played. Sounds about right, I am at 19 wins now and I've played about 6 hours (with more losses than wins so far).

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #4121 on: August 23, 2014, 08:49:25 AM

I am blitzkrieging forward in light mechs and fighting and dying fast so I can be in 4 games at once and win about half of them
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4122 on: August 23, 2014, 09:14:18 AM

Not a bad idea.  Lights are at about 8% of the queue right now.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4123 on: August 23, 2014, 10:51:16 AM

You have to be among the best MWO players if your solo contribution accounts for 70% win rate compared to the average 50%.  ACK!

Thus the  awesome, for real

I also said 7 min. average game time.  It was actually 9-10 mins avg. time last I played, but that was a while ago.  I also didn't account for queue times and countown at match start. If it's anything like WoT events you'll see a lower than average win rate (Let's say just 40%) because of people spam launching and suiciding or terrible players sticking around longer for free stuff.

Basically, you've got some grinding to do, and expect to not hit win #50 until day 4. Good luck, we're all counting on you!

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4124 on: August 23, 2014, 11:00:35 AM

I honestly think the best rewards are the 10 and 20 wins. 7 days Premium Time is pretty cool because it allows you to set up your private matches with friends for a week if you want to, and mechbays are always in high demand and it sucks that they are only sold for real money. The 6,5 M for 50 wins is nice but after 100 matches you'll have made a lot of CBills anyway. I mean, I am rich in the game so I don't care and that probably messes with my perception, but it's cool that they put the rewards that you'd need real money to get at 10 and 20, and the CBill one at 50.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4125 on: August 23, 2014, 11:47:46 AM

Lots of people (me) are buying up a lot of Clan mechs with Cbills tho.  That 6.5 ain't to be sneezed at.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4126 on: August 23, 2014, 02:21:39 PM

Falc you can be used as a metric for nothing ing this game because of the sheer amount of time you spend in it. Not a dig but a fact.  That 6.5 mil is a really nice chunk of change for anyone.  It's a whole damn mech and upgrades! 

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4127 on: August 23, 2014, 06:41:07 PM

Yeah.  I have ONE module purchased, 20 'mechs, and 2 million c-bills to my name.  I have to swap engines and weapons between 'mechs all the time.  6 million c-bills is huge.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #4128 on: August 24, 2014, 04:04:26 AM

Fair enough. As I said, I'm the privileged one here so my perspective is obviously twisted. I just thought it was nice that for once they made the real money stuff easily attainable, especially considering the 7 days Premium will earn you more CBills anyway.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4129 on: August 24, 2014, 04:54:56 AM

There was a 6.0 quake in the bay area and so I woke up and played some MWO. I don't know whats up with MM right now but jesus these games are easy. I've been in a SHD-5M unoptimized build the entire time and I haven't scored under 300 damage and I have yet to lose. Its 2pm europe and asian primetime (do they play much?) but my games are never this easy during US prime.

I'm ok if I just jinxed it, I want to go back to bed.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: