Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 05:13:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 132 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mechwarrior Online  (Read 1019244 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2940 on: May 04, 2013, 05:11:33 AM

5 PPCs and a Gauss.

Ohhhhh, I see.

swamp poop

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2941 on: May 04, 2013, 05:41:52 AM

Stalker hero mech!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Heart

I played a few games this morning. It seems like missiles have indeed returned and as a result there were fewer poptarting morons and matches were more than long-range slugfests.  You still get your ass beat if you're a brawler and all the long-range are still alive after your team has foolishly run face-first into a swarm of the enemy ( why so serious?) but at least you can take one or two out before snipers blow up your engine.

Also, lol ECM ERPPC spider.  swamp poop

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #2942 on: May 04, 2013, 06:47:23 AM

New Hero 'mech coming next Tuesday is a Stalker and it's called "Misery".
Should cost 6375 MC, sporting (speculated from the picture): "LA 2 energy and a missile door, LT Gauss, CT 1 energy, RT 1 srm6, RA 2 energy and a missile door."

A Gauss Stalker is exactly what we needed  Ohhhhh, I see.

Heeeeeeeey! Woody! Falcy! Waaazup bros? I am back to the parteeey!  why so serious?        Ahem...*cough*

Anyway. As long as it's just one Gauss it doesn't seem that bad. Mostly seems to be the excessive boating of pinpoint damage weapon that's the issue lately.

But yes, it's disheartening. MWO is (was?) such a fun little game, but the complains about the state of things (on here, other forums, the paragon group I used to play with, etc) are quite off-putting. I once again find developer blindness towards balancing/game mechanics hard to understand. Back when ECM was first introduced in devblogs literally everyones (including mine) reaction was 'omg, that sounds op'. It was just so obvious. And now finally...months...later they are nerfing is. Even on paper the flaws were visible.

If we take this developer ineptitude and use it to project it future handling of the sniper-alpha-issues that plague the game now, I see black.  Heartbreak
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 06:49:08 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2943 on: May 04, 2013, 09:51:59 PM

oh my good holy lord.

gee we're having trouble with pinpoint long range high alpha dominating games and turning them into soulless snipefests. better release a chassis that can run 4ppc 1 gauss olololololol
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #2944 on: May 04, 2013, 10:08:32 PM

oh my good holy lord.

gee we're having trouble with pinpoint long range high alpha dominating games and turning them into soulless snipefests. better release a chassis that can run 4ppc 1 gauss olololololol

$30
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2945 on: May 06, 2013, 02:56:17 AM

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2946 on: May 06, 2013, 04:14:31 AM

Yeah, that shows how nuts it is.

Question :  What the hell was the explosion at the end ?  How is it they do overheat damage because it looked like he cooked off in bits ??

(Also, so many times during the whole ten minutes I was screaming at the screen "YOU SHOULD HAVE EXPLODED.  HEAT IS BROKEN.")

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2947 on: May 07, 2013, 01:09:54 AM

Have not and will not play this in awhile maybe ever again. The writing was on the wall from before the moment I broke down and started playing that these guys are really really bad at their jobs. But yeah I didn't even last the week of the Highlander patch. It was so obvious where the game was going.

I mean am I crazy or in CS, which is the most revered competitive fps game ever or close to it, don't they have cone of fire? The idea that MWO can't have that because casuals/fps players wont tolerate that kind of bullshit is nonsense. Its what the game desperately needs and if you tied it to heat levels, moving fast and jump jetting it'd be pretty close to tabletop cannon wouldn't it? What the fuck is the problem here, oh yeah its that these chucklefucks are horrible game devs.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2948 on: May 07, 2013, 01:58:14 AM

The trouble is, it still has moments of fun that show through the bullshit.  Played with my Marmoset last night and close up gunned down 3 enemy mechs by travelling through the caves and getting behind them.  Then I was gunned down by the PPC Bullshit and Ravens with Large Lasers.  There is still some real fun to be had if they'd just pull heads out of asses and make some changes.

It has become exactly what we feared it would :  The Biggest Mechs with the Largest Guns Online and it's rather sad to see.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2949 on: May 07, 2013, 04:18:30 AM

It was a great game for months, it's incredible how bad all the "improvements" made it.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2950 on: May 07, 2013, 04:25:51 AM

It's more incredible that they're not owning that fact.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2951 on: May 07, 2013, 04:45:56 AM

I still believe they will fix it. I just want it to be sooner.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2952 on: May 07, 2013, 06:07:05 AM

They'll fix it when the money stops.  Here's the thing, there's enough people who like it this way I don't see the money stopping.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2953 on: May 07, 2013, 07:25:35 AM

True enough.  I'm amazed they sold that many Gay Highlanders.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2954 on: May 07, 2013, 09:40:50 AM

Here is Misery.

+10% Turning Rate, +10% Acceleration. +10% Pay 2 Win.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:43:10 AM by Falconeer »

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2955 on: May 07, 2013, 09:50:27 AM

They'll fix it when the money stops.  Here's the thing, there's enough people who like it this way I don't see the money stopping.

No they will try to fix it when the golds look up from their own asses and are upset there is barely anyone to play with anymore but by then it will be too late to salvage. Dead game incoming. These PGI guys are fucking terrible.

Here is Misery.

I've seen this pattern before in other games. Devs make bad moves that hurt player participation and leave lots of people on the sidelines not spending money. They are already not making as much money as they expected/want so they give the p2w factor a little juice to right the ship. Problem is once you open that pandora's box you just can't resist the urge to do it again and again.

Coolant should have made this obvious to everyone but this hero mech EVEN IF THEY NERF IT (I don't want to hear that shit) puts the notion that these guys aren't those kind of devs to rest.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:38:35 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2956 on: May 07, 2013, 11:18:50 AM

Here is Misery.

Facepalm

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #2957 on: May 07, 2013, 04:27:08 PM

Just gotta post PGI's backlog again:

Code:
Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza(PC) 			04,2002		54 Metascore 50 User Score
EA Playground(DS) 10,2007 60 Metascore 82 User Score
Medal of Honor: Heroes 2(PSP) 11,2007 69 Metascore 72 User Score
Need For Speed: Undercover(PSP) 11,2008 52 Metascore 68 User Score
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen(PC,360,PS3) 06,2009 61 Metascore 66 User Score
Bass Pro Shops: The Strike(360,Wii,PC) 10,2009 63 Metascore 48 User Score
Duke Nukem Forever(PC,360,PS3) 06,2011 51 Metascore 53 User Score
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2958 on: May 07, 2013, 04:55:02 PM

I mean am I crazy or in CS, which is the most revered competitive fps game ever or close to it, don't they have cone of fire? The idea that MWO can't have that because casuals/fps players wont tolerate that kind of bullshit is nonsense. Its what the game desperately needs and if you tied it to heat levels, moving fast and jump jetting it'd be pretty close to tabletop cannon wouldn't it? What the fuck is the problem here, oh yeah its that these chucklefucks are horrible game devs.
CS (at least the original and Source, dunno about GO) doesn't have cone of fire if you are standing still -- your first shot will always hit dead center. It does have recoil so subsequent shots will drift depending on the weapon used and how long you wait between shots.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2959 on: May 07, 2013, 05:08:42 PM

And that exact system would work very much like the tabletop accuracy modifiers for movement that have always been a part of Battletech. They probably can get away with not having something as complicated as recoil if they just had a cone that gets worse the faster you move (and esp if you jump, so fuck right off pop tarting) and gets worse the hotter you are running.

My point is the myth that the mass market won't tolerate anything but 100% pinpoint accuracy all day is utter fucking bullshit.

-William Gibson
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2960 on: May 07, 2013, 05:24:07 PM

Yeah CS fixed it's bunny-hopping sniping bullshit a long time ago by dramatically decreasing accuracy if you are moving or jumping with a sniper weapon (for other weapons the penalty isn't as severe).

On the other hand you do have to be careful with this stuff. Otherwise you might end up with something like the horrifically bad CoF system that PlanetSide has.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #2961 on: May 07, 2013, 05:26:55 PM

Ironically, whenever someone brought up convergence and inaccuracy on the MWO forums the battletech grognards would start bitching about how it would be pandering to 'COD casual modern gamers'.

Not that I think the forum zeitgeist had any effect on the course of PGI, but it's still amusing to see the backpeddaling now that the problem is so obvious.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2962 on: May 09, 2013, 03:27:21 PM

Some interesting play the past 3 days.

I've been playing almost exclusively in my Marmoset and noticing that since most utter cunts are at full zoom with long range weapons, I'm usually able to take at least two down by sneaking round and shooting them in the back.  I am, in fact, utterly amazed at how well this seems to be working.  My favourite so far was 4 mechs in one game, mostly because 2 of the chaps that I first killed logged out instantly once I'd done so, clearly not bothering to tell anyone 'Hey, Dudes, Rabid Marmoset'.

This does, however, only serve to highlight how awful it's gotten.

On a related note, there was a 6 AC2 Jager tearing shit up.  I've looked and I can't see how you make that viable...

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2963 on: May 09, 2013, 07:43:34 PM

Best I could come up with is JM6-DD

Horrible cooling, so I guess you better be chugging coolant. Horrible armor, horrible speed. Pretty much horrible.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2964 on: May 10, 2013, 01:07:18 AM

That's what I thought.  But the guy was honestly piloting like an utter demon and was second last man standing.  The Dakka Dakka was deafening.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2965 on: May 10, 2013, 01:18:19 AM

It must be just my perception, but I'd say that in the last few days I've seen more 'mech parts being hit than just the CT, and more components being destroyed. Is it just me?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2966 on: May 10, 2013, 01:20:06 AM

That's certainly been the case for me.    Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #2967 on: May 13, 2013, 07:17:19 AM

The question is the discounted Yen Lo Wang worth it for someone who wants to master medium mechs eventually?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2968 on: May 13, 2013, 07:22:43 AM

I think all of the Centurions are good mechs.  When fighting, they seem to have the best longevity of any other Mech.  You literally can't get these fuckers to go down and stop fighting until you Core them or shoot them in the fucking head.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2969 on: May 13, 2013, 07:32:21 AM

Agreed. They've fallen out of favor in the current "Heaviest mech with the longest range weapons" design, but they were fearful when things were working.  Seems like you always saw at least 2 or 3 running around, armless but still kicking ass, unlike Hunchies who seemed to explode if you sneezed on them once the arms were gone.

Long-term I'd love to have a few in my garage.

Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #2970 on: May 13, 2013, 07:35:09 AM

I agree with Ironwood and Merusk; the Centurion is one of my favorite 'Mechs. I own them all, and have Mastered most of them.

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #2971 on: May 13, 2013, 08:12:29 AM

The question is the discounted Yen Lo Wang worth it for someone who wants to master medium mechs eventually?

http://themittani.com/features/mwo-hero-mechs

Assuming the game goes back to making some kind of sense, the above is still valid.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2972 on: May 13, 2013, 08:19:01 AM

While that doesn't nullify what I said, if we're talking Hero mechs, it has to be the Marmoset.

I love my Marmoset.  I'm also about 15 million up playing with my Marmoset over the last couple of weeks.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2973 on: May 14, 2013, 02:05:03 AM

Yesterday hotfix should have finally squashed the HUD bugs.

Then, there's a screenshot of the Blackjack going around:

Also, buff to flamers. Something like:

Target heat will increase exponentially due to Heat Retention.  These tweaks just went into test today.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2974 on: May 14, 2013, 07:50:07 AM

Why is it wearing the Spiderman suit ?

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 132 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Mechwarrior Online  
Jump to: