Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:35:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Grimm 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grimm  (Read 16628 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 10:24:31 AM

Ah, yeah. For some reason I couldn't remember the name of the show.  It didn't matter enough to actually Google it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 05:27:21 AM

Robert Carlyle. Him playing Rumple is quiet entertaining.

Love Letters

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 17, 2012, 01:49:59 PM

Right, someone help me out here.

This show is about the most boring and undramatic police officer that's ever been on screen.

Seriously, you could take 'THE GRIMM' away and just do a show about the Wolf and I'd watch it and enjoy it more.

Does he EVER do anything ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #38 on: April 17, 2012, 05:10:00 PM

Right, someone help me out here.

This show is about the most boring and undramatic police officer that's ever been on screen.

Seriously, you could take 'THE GRIMM' away and just do a show about the Wolf and I'd watch it and enjoy it more.

Does he EVER do anything ?

Exactly.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #39 on: April 17, 2012, 10:08:05 PM

I have to admit that I'm only playing tourist in what is a fairly interesting bit of world-building while I wait for Dudley Do-Right to actually develop some character.  It would be easier if they hadn't so thoroughly foreshadowed that the girl-friend is doomed to either die, or turn against him in a big way.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Ubvman
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: April 18, 2012, 01:46:01 AM

Wouldn't it be cool if the girlfriend turns out to be totally okay and completely supportive with Dudley Do-right being a "Grimm" and all that? The way she is being written now, seems to be the usual bad/lazy TV writing (if not sexist) portrayal of women as the total drag/weight on the protagonist.

Being a Grimm is supposedly a family based enterprise. I don't know how they can perpetuate themselves down the ages if their spouses don't support them. Maybe that's why Grimms are near extinction.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 18, 2012, 05:06:16 AM

As much as my wife loves this show, I agree with a lot of what's said here.  The main dude's an idiot, like Batman with Down syndrome.  I'm sure they'll (eventually) let the GF in on the whole thing, and maybe then things can get more serious, but right now the show just seems like a REALLY long pilot.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 18, 2012, 05:49:30 AM

I had the same thought in that Grimms have to procreate at some point so what the hell was the aunt thinking telling him to drop the ugly chick? I mean really... who better to be partners with than a vet; considering most of the shit Deputy Dunce encounters are beasties.

I still really only watch because of Monroe.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 06:09:22 AM

As much as my wife loves this show, I agree with a lot of what's said here.  The main dude's an idiot, like Batman with Down syndrome.  I'm sure they'll (eventually) let the GF in on the whole thing, and maybe then things can get more serious, but right now the show just seems like a REALLY long pilot.

Yes.  Except he LOOKS like Clark Kent.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 06:12:49 AM

Yes.  Except he LOOKS like Clark Kent.

Fine, we'll just call him Bizzaro and be done with it.   why so serious?

Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 05:21:04 PM

Took all season, but finally he looked like the lead character...

Glad this got renewed.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 21, 2012, 05:39:01 PM

I know.  It's like all of a sudden Bizzaro just snapped and turned back into Superman for a few good scenes. 

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #47 on: May 21, 2012, 06:33:39 PM

Looks like I was right about the girlfriend, though.  She's either going to die or turn into a hexenbeast (which might be the same thing) and become next season's Big Bad.  Depending on how they handle it, Dudley Do-right might finally become interesting.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 14, 2012, 03:54:23 PM

Arise!

The new intro is blech, but the show seems to be staying true to form. Monday nights... hope it keeps the momentum.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: November 18, 2012, 05:18:43 PM

Mid-season finale was on Friday.  I think the show is actually getting better now that they're dropping the curtain more and more.  Me thinks that if they want to keep this series going, they're going to drop the whole "undercover Grimm is a cop" thing and he'll go rogue like his mother.  After he kills his boss, of course  awesome, for real

Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 18, 2012, 05:26:45 PM

I have an odd feeling his boss, Sean, is going to turn out to not be the big bad the show originally had him painted out to be. Might be something like getting back at the family that shunned him.

The last screen of the finale was priceless:

To be continued...
Sorry.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 08, 2013, 02:37:38 PM

Hmmm.  This new season is... enjoyable.

Didn't think that would happen.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 12, 2013, 09:28:20 PM

If only they would not rape the German language on a constant basis. The senseless German names for all the Wesen really grates on me and is detrimental to my enjoyment of the series.

The depiction of a German bar in Mannheim made me laugh though.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 13, 2013, 11:48:39 AM

I just wish Grimms lady was even remotely approaching the quality of Blutbads two women.

But she's not.  She's fine until you get to that face and realise a surgeon went fucking NUTSO on her.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 13, 2013, 12:49:09 PM

If only they would not rape the German language on a constant basis. The senseless German names for all the Wesen really grates on me and is detrimental to my enjoyment of the series.

The depiction of a German bar in Mannheim made me laugh though.
'
There was an interview I saw where they talked about all the Wesen names.  They said that they just kept saying stuff til they got the name to sound cool.  There is no rhyme or reason for the names they make up.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 13, 2013, 10:17:20 PM

There was an interview I saw where they talked about all the Wesen names.  They said that they just kept saying stuff til they got the name to sound cool.  There is no rhyme or reason for the names they make up.

I know. Which is why it is so painful for me to listen too. Just few quick examples.

Blutbad = Blood bath
Fuchsbau = Foxhole
Häßlicher = ugly, yes, an adjective used as a noun (the "trolls" )

Why oh why would you not just use google to translate the fucking names. Pretty sure it sounds just as awesome to American ears. It also would be quicker.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 14, 2013, 03:24:12 AM

Wife is getting extremely pissed off that I can guess the ending of any given episode of this five minutes in.

I have orders to SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Little Girl Wesen was the most gratuitously obvious example.  2 minutes in.

MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 16, 2013, 10:57:45 AM

Wife is getting extremely pissed off that I can guess the ending of any given episode of this five minutes in.

Sounds like your wife found the nerd version of project runaway. Is this show any interesting now? Or is it still about a cop stumbling into the monster of the week?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 16, 2013, 11:31:14 AM

Sounds like your wife found the nerd version of project runaway. Is this show any interesting now? Or is it still about a cop stumbling into the monster of the week?

It is, but somehow they manage to sneak in the over-arcing story into each episode.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 16, 2013, 11:49:27 AM

It is, but somehow they manage to sneak in the over-arcing story into each episode.

I hope they don't kill off the Captain. He is my favourite character.

Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 16, 2013, 12:22:45 PM

I hope they don't kill off the Captain. He is my favourite character.

I doubt that will happen. He is the Walter Skinner of the show.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: March 08, 2013, 04:10:47 PM

Yay, new episode tonight.
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: March 11, 2013, 04:04:41 AM

And as I suspected...

Sadly, I hope they don't push this running theme as the only hook in the show - I liked the episodes that stood on their own rather than all pieces of a whole.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: March 24, 2013, 01:08:28 PM

So, yeah, he has super hearing now.  Yay Grimm super-powers  why so serious?

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: March 25, 2013, 08:04:22 AM

Or he is being turned into a giant fly guy hehe.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #65 on: March 28, 2013, 03:52:50 PM

Clearly, this new ability is related to an increased Midichkloreanz Gesetzt.  why so serious?

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 28, 2013, 07:18:32 PM

It is probably just another part of maturing into a Grimm. Heightened senses... Just hope they keep the weekly challenges up because if he becomes unstoppable it will kill the show.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: March 29, 2013, 07:44:48 PM

Don't forget aunt Grimm was like 90, dying of cancer, and still kicking crazy ass.

I am the .00000001428%
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 30, 2013, 02:49:33 AM

And his mom was crazy powerful too.  I think she could have kicked his ass if she'd wanted to.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: April 04, 2013, 06:14:24 AM

TV show writers just came up with a better MMO than 15 years of industry experts. With bonus negative ping.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Grimm  
Jump to: