Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:59:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Grimm 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grimm  (Read 16627 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

on: October 29, 2011, 12:43:00 AM

So I caught the first episode and I really am hoping it gets better.  I like the whole premise of the slayer/cop though. 
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 05:19:58 AM

It was OK.  Don't know if I'll keep watching it with Fringe coming back though.  I've seen worse pilots.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 06:42:27 AM

Yeah, it wasn't as terrible as I'd expected from the premise.  Though I don't think it can go anywhere interesting and would have made a better mini-serires than a full-fledged show maybe they'll be able to wrap it up before it's cancelled.   awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 01:17:07 PM

It wasn't terrible but it seemed like it was just Buffy remade with different characters.

I am the .00000001428%
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 01:56:07 PM

It wasn't terrible but it seemed like it was just Buffy remade with different characters.

Transplanted into a generic cop show and without the snappy dialog and self aware humor.  And I didn't even like Buffy all that much.

Over and out.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 10:16:53 PM

My wife and I never missed an episode of Buffy and loved every minute of it. I tried rewatching it not to long ago and the only thing I came away with was that people should have spent a lot more time listening to Zander because he was the only one who seemed to have an ounce of common sense. It was not a show that aged well.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 06:10:07 AM

Came in to the season hearing about two fairy tale based shows coming out. Grimm was supposed to be the dark serious one and Once upon a Time being the light family one.

I can't really put my finger on all of the issues, but if that pilot was supposed to get me hooked, it failed miserably. Oddly though, Once upon a Time kind of intrigued me. It's cheezy, but at least interesting. Grimm though - no real tension in it, stupid looking "Buffy" monsters, generic crime of the week plot. If I want this, I'll go back to Lost Girl and at least have eye candy thrown in.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 06:28:52 AM

If Buffy was so great, more non-geeks would have watched it.   Just sayin'.

Not that this argument will save Grimm from being cancelled in a few weeks, either.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 08:40:26 AM

I was sort of interested in this show, but I kept thinking how many Grimm's Fairy Tale monsters are there, anyway?

It is on Friday, and that's kind of a dry day television wise.  Oh, and it's sitting on our DVR.  Hopefully we'll get to it.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 09:19:40 AM

I was sort of interested in this show, but I kept thinking how many Grimm's Fairy Tale monsters are there, anyway?

It is on Friday, and that's kind of a dry day television wise.  Oh, and it's sitting on our DVR.  Hopefully we'll get to it.

The monsters aren't one off characters, they are more like monster races.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 09:38:09 AM

Which still begs the same question.  I'd asked it just to see how many we'd come up with.  At least Buffy/ Angel had a much wider mythos to pull from since they started with the base that all demons and super natural beings were real; not just one particular set of 170 stories. Not to mention many of them involve only anthropomorphized animals or aren't popular enough to spark recognition these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimms%27_Fairy_Tales

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 01:20:49 PM

I think there's more than enough monsters really, even if they are going to be lesser known ones.  Besides, as much as I'd like it to turn into a bad ass show, they have more than enough for the 2 seasons that it will likely last.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 08:09:10 AM

I think there's more than enough monsters really, even if they are going to be lesser known ones.  Besides, as much as I'd like it to turn into a bad ass show, they have more than enough for the 2 seasons that it will likely last.

That's actually way to optimistic.  Given the time slot and mediocrity I won't get too attached to it, I don't think it will last the season.

I am the .00000001428%
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 01:14:19 PM

That's actually way to optimistic.  Given the time slot and mediocrity I won't get too attached to it, I don't think it will last the season.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/11/21/grimm-gets-full-season-pickup/

AH HA! At least one season outta this. I started watching it on hulu after a buddy was talking about it. I was pleasantly surprised.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 02:23:22 PM

Glad to be wrong.  I hope they move more in a overarching story path rather than monster of the week though.

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 02:27:51 PM

I'm still watching this myself, it really hasn't been too bad.  It's kept my attention more than Buffy or Angel did. 
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 03:00:37 PM

My wife and I never missed an episode of Buffy and loved every minute of it. I tried rewatching it not to long ago and the only thing I came away with was that people should have spent a lot more time listening to Zander because he was the only one who seemed to have an ounce of common sense. It was not a show that aged well.

Do you remember "The Zeppo" episode? The one where Zander saves the world or something like that, and no one even realizes what that he's done it. I think they even end up ridiculing him for being a social misfit at the end. I liked that show.

As far as Grimm goes, I kinda like the Reformed Background Exposition Werewolf Guy.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 06:02:03 PM

I like this.  It's keeping me tuning in each week.

Never watched much Buffy.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 10:31:09 PM

I kind of enjoy this but so far I enjoy Once Upon a Time a little more to my great surprise. I like how it seems to be building a slow mythology. Grimm is fun too but I think the best part of the show is the werewolf sidekick. I also wonder how long they can keep his partner in the dark....

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 03:57:50 AM

I kind of enjoy this but so far I enjoy Once Upon a Time a little more to my great surprise. I like how it seems to be building a slow mythology. Grimm is fun too but I think the best part of the show is the werewolf sidekick. I also wonder how long they can keep his partner in the dark....

I'm in the same boat.. I started watching Once Upon a Time out of morbid curiosity, but once I saw Robert Carlyle as Rumple I was hooked. Which means I like the flashbacks a little more, save for Ginnifer Goodwin with short hair  Heart

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 10:48:49 PM

Good for watching with the significant other.  Not a bad show.
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 10:47:36 AM

Monroe makes this show...

And the rodent guys are going to turn out to be like the Lone Gunmen from X-Files.  awesome, for real

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 17, 2011, 11:56:39 AM

I really like the show, but I'm with you on that. I keep doing a countdown until I get to watch Monroe.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 07:15:02 PM

I dig this show, but I can not get past the fact the lead is just boring as hell. Everyone on the show has personality except the Grimm.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 10:21:03 AM

I dig this show, but I can not get past the fact the lead is just boring as hell. Everyone on the show has personality except the Grimm.

So, it's just like the first two seasons of Fringe?
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 10:24:18 AM

He's way too much of a pretty boy. He just doesn't fit the role IMO.
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 11:34:39 AM

He just brings nothing to the role. The character is too flat for this show. Everyone else, even his wife has some sorta defining point. Hank has swagger, the wife is a vet, Monroe is flat out awesome, the chief is the darkness waiting to happen, hell even the uniformed Asian officer is witty, and the Aunt was a complete badass. I like the show, but something has bugged me about it since the pilot and it hit me last night watching the Orge episode... holy shit is the main guy just borning me to tears.
I do like the fact there is an underlying theme that is not overshadowing the mainline of the episodes. I have fond memories of the X-Files doing that for the first seasons it came out... once established then start pushing it forward a bit more. 

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 06:39:48 AM

He ought to be playing Superman, because he looks just like how Superman should look.
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 07:34:02 AM

He ought to be playing Superman, because he looks just like how Superman should look.

You know at first, I did mistake him for Brandon Routh.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 14, 2012, 08:35:25 AM

This started over here.

It wasn't that good.

Ohhhhh, I see.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 09:25:30 AM

I felt the same, but give it three episodes. If it still doesn't have any appeal, then dump it. My suggestion... YMMV.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 09:05:41 PM

This started over here.

It wasn't that good.

Ohhhhh, I see.

It's not good at all.  I baffled at what people see in it.

Over and out.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 06:26:40 AM

This started over here.

It wasn't that good.

Ohhhhh, I see.

It's not good at all.  I baffled at what people see in it.

Its not reality tv and has no singing or dancing.  So its got bonus points for that alone.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 09:47:38 AM

Can't get the wife in to this one at all. She loves Ever After, however, if only for the weekly "Catch the Disney reference."

Last week the "Belle" character dressed like the cartoon.  This week Tron was the reference as one of the characters was playing Floyd's video game.

Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 10:03:08 AM

Can't get the wife in to this one at all. She loves Ever After, however, if only for the weekly "Catch the Disney reference."

Last week the "Belle" character dressed like the cartoon.  This week Tron was the reference as one of the characters was playing Floyd's video game.

You mean Once Upon a Time? I watch that show, only for Robert Carlyle. Him playing Rumple is quiet entertaining.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Grimm  
Jump to: