Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:56:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Other F Word 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Other F Word  (Read 839 times)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

on: October 24, 2011, 08:04:17 AM

This revealing and touching film asks what happens when a generation's ultimate anti-authoritarians -- punk rockers -- become society's ultimate authorities -- dads. With a large chorus of punk rock's leading men - Blink-182's Mark Hoppus, Red Hot Chili Peppers' Flea, Rise Against's Tim McIlrath - THE OTHER F WORD follows Jim Lindberg, a 20-year veteran of the skate punk band Pennywise, on his hysterical and moving journey from belting his band's anthem "F--k Authority," to embracing his ultimately authoritarian role in mid-life: fatherhood.

Other dads featured in the film include skater Tony Hawk, Art Alexakis (Everclear), Mark Mothersbaugh (Devo), Tony Adolescent (The Adolescents), Fat Mike (NOFX), Lars Frederiksen (Rancid), and many others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zZkWHZ3hJtY

http://www.theotherfwordmovie.com/

As a father who has struggled over the past year with myself as a Dad and how to raise my sons, I find the idea of this documentary fascinating. I don't consider myself to be "anti-authoritarian", but I have always questioned what is considered the norm and walked to my own beat. I'll find it hard as they grow to balance my role as a parent and as someone who has probably done the things I'm supposed to be stopping MY kids from doing, and letting them explore the world that they are growing up in.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 04:14:02 PM

I do take a perverse joy in encouraging my kids to freely explore their world, then stomping them when they don't think about something first. I'm a bad person.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Other F Word  
Jump to: