Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:58:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Pioneer One 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pioneer One  (Read 1180 times)
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

on: October 17, 2011, 07:47:25 AM

Has anyone else watched this? I just picked it up last night.

It's a internet-TV series mixing hard sci-fi with political drama. Think, say, The West Wing meets Arthur C. Clarke. It's done on a shoestring budget, and the acting can be a bit wobbly at times, but it's pretty impressive. So far they've released five of the six 30-minute episodes comprising their first "season," with the final episode being finished up now for release "soon".

It's completely free and available in a bunch of places, such as the Pioneer One homepage, Youtube, etc.

I can't really go much into what it's about without spoiling the first few episodes. The first episode is about a mysterious object which falls to Earth, spreading radiation over Montana and Canada. An unlikely squad of backwater DHS employees from Montana go up to Canada to investigate. What they find could touch off an international incident.

From the official site:

In March 2010, writer Josh Bernhard and director Bracey Smith quit their jobs and set out to produce the pilot episode of Pioneer One as a proof-of-concept for how the series could eventually be produced and released.  Funds were raised through a Kickstarter campaign, favors were called in, and much sleep was lost.  The pilot was shot through the end of April 2010 and was released online on June 15th, 2010 on VODO.net.

I'm three episodes in and pretty enthused. It's a good concept and generally well-executed.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Pioneer One  
Jump to: