Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:16:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ot: 8-10 year old blood bowl 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ot: 8-10 year old blood bowl  (Read 2021 times)
avaia
Terracotta Army

on: October 08, 2011, 06:19:38 PM

I'm happy to report my real life coaching experience worked out much better than my fantasy coaching has ever been.  Allow me to indulge in satisfaction for my team (and my son's team) taking home the championship 19-6.  I hope everyone has a chance to share such a moment they treasure at some point.  I've been fortunate enough to do this in academics with a math team I tutored,  and now with a kickasd bunch of kids who were told they would never in a game.   

God damn, I love me some competition!

Long live Pop Warner football.
  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 07:49:56 PM

Do your 9 year olds foul on turn 16?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 09:14:07 PM

Why do you think he got all those anonymous complaints?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 02:08:58 AM

I tried to teach real Blood Bowl to my son in the late 90s, but he soon changed it into a fighting game, with the blue pieces trying to literally crush the red ones (when they weren't just thrown out the windows, or chewed). So I made the rules a bit simpler, pieces attacked other pieces by rolling a dice and the higher score won, eliminating the opponent. And the ball was changed in a marble we used to "shoot" from a distance players that have been attacked (and killed) outside of melee range. He loved it, and he called it "I win you win".
When he got to an age he could have really understood the game, he totally lost interest. Meh.

So, yeah, kudos to your son.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ot: 8-10 year old blood bowl  
Jump to: