Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:42:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 ULTIMATE DECIDER 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 ULTIMATE DECIDER  (Read 3086 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: September 18, 2011, 08:54:26 AM

Pre-Season 5 Drilling and Manliness - ULTIMATE DECIDER

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Emperors of the Pitch

~vs~

Going Forth by Day

DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Shit continues to overrun, but we have two teams on 5 DRILLING AND MANLINESS who can't be caught by others but who have both utterly failed to win the tournament in normal time. As such, they get one final match to demonstrate that they are real men.

If both teams fail to win this final match then the tournament ends and EVERYBODY LOSES.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 08:56:37 AM

Round 6 is still going on btw and will all contribute to final rankings, so play your matches tia.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:16:52 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:33:44 PM

The man's name is Maximinus Thrax, for God's sake.  He deserves a trophy for manliness and drilling based upon name alone.

In the eternal struggle of man versus mummy, man will win!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 09:09:24 PM

WE MUST SCORE TOUCHDOWNS

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 09:15:38 PM

And we did.

Going Forth By Day wins 1-0, ending in a pre-season championship that my earlier record with Khemri would not have indicated was possible.

Ruvaldt had some Nuffle </3 on dodge rolls, but I like to think I at least enabled them by standing in the right place.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 09:22:43 PM

My catchers are about to get fired.

That is all.

That and a hearty congratulations to Ingmar for a great two games against his Khemri, who turned out to be awesome opponents.  I really wanted to win this one, but that's just how it goes.  I'm glad the trophy went to Ingmar though, he deserves it.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 12:58:13 PM

Human Catchers are jinxed. My first one had an amazing streak of getting injured or KO'd in about 5 games before finally getting put out of his misery. I currently have Useless Pile and Festering BODS (Bowl of Dog Snot) filling out my receiving corps. Whenever I need someone to fail a GFI or blow a simple dodge and manage to hurt themselves, they always deliver.

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 01:02:16 PM

*edit*

whoops, doublepost.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 01:12:59 PM

Yeah, it's terribly depressing when one fails a simple dodge.  Mine failed two last night and both fell down injured afterwards.  One would have scored a TD and the other would have been two squares away with only a few marked skeletons to catch him.  One of them is the leading scorer in the Feeder League, I think, and is awesome on his best days, but last night wasn't one of them.

I have a new found respect for Human teams though, and properly built they're an excellent squad.  You got lucky on a +STR thrower like I did, Bann; not looking forward to squaring off against him during the regular season.

I'm hoping for another pre-season later so that the Emperors can make another run for the title.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 01:24:35 PM

That +str/block/dodge thrower was really irritating, given your other luck I feel pretty safe in saying he was the only thing standing between you and a much worse loss*, he slowed me down tremendously.

*Which in khemri terms means 2-0 probably, so maybe not MUCH worse.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:30:07 PM by Ingmar »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 ULTIMATE DECIDER  
Jump to: