Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:21:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Patch Notes 1.0.0.125 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch Notes 1.0.0.125  (Read 6966 times)
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

on: September 13, 2011, 07:04:14 PM

So ya, new patch notes on Riot's site (spoilered for size):

New Taric changes are blah. With all the nerfs to his heal from the last patch and this whole trying to make him some kind of gimped melee character is fucking retarded. New Ult is like "Oh Hi, we just gave you a second shatter on a long ass cooldown, and we took away the thing that made you relatively tanky in the process. (the heal on his ult)"

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:18:27 PM

The heal on his ult was really, really weak. The remake details sound pretty good to me, as an occasional Tarric player. People said the Soraka changes would make her suck and she turned out to be very competitive (and much more fun to play), so I'll wait to try it before making a judgement.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 07:26:11 PM

Orianna range nerfs at last.

* Moonflair Spellblade, Cloak and Dagger, and Eleisa's Miracle now give 35 tenacity, up from 25

Makes these items as good as the boots for CC reduction.  Since they are pretty well costed if I remember correctly I think I might be buying these and different boots on more characters now...

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 08:46:19 PM

Rammus and Kassadin buffs make me happy, although I wish the Kassadin ones were a bit more extreme. Curious to see where Shen, Sion, and Morde end up balance-wise now. No clue about Taric; otherwise everything else looks generally positive.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 12:03:17 AM

Tenacity items still have one big problem: they take up an item slot. They're just not good late game compared to Mercs.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 12:06:16 AM

Looks like it's time to play some more Sion.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 12:16:08 AM

Oh god, they buffed Skarner. Ahahahaha, oh wow. alkjds;ldkffd;lg's

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 12:59:56 AM

Buffed Skarner, but failed tro fix his suicide bug.  why so serious?

The fixes to Poppy make me very happy. That bug has gotten me killed so many fucking times. Charge with Devastating Blow active, Poppy immediately swings on the closest minion after the charge. AAHHHHHH!!! Made me very reluctant to engage enemies around creeps.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 01:29:00 AM

Oh god, I went to the official boards' patch thread and the whining is like 100x worse than I remember from my WoW days.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 02:58:24 AM

This should also be pointed out so no one misses it.

You can now Smart Cast items (you have to manually bind the hotkeys)

This is going to make chasing with Jax so much easier. Revolver has a longer range than his jump, so spamming that while chasing down someone so it hits as soon as they are in range is going to be  Heart

Steam Profile
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 12:39:16 AM

New Taric is awesome. His ult feels so much better now. Confused about how to build him now though.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 01:10:32 AM

For whatever reason, his stun seems ineffective now. I literally give no fucks about enemy Taric stuns now. I don't really know why either, they reduced it's damage, but not by much, reduced the range, but not by much, and reduced it's duration by a whooping .5 sec. Could just be because I'm playing a shitton of Poppy, and Poppy gives no fucks.

Steam Profile
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 01:29:24 AM

Sion is pretty awesome with the buffs, you don't have to start with a mana item anymore. A friend played Leona and we pretty much double stunned ftw.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 05:47:30 AM

For whatever reason, his stun seems ineffective now. I literally give no fucks about enemy Taric stuns now. I don't really know why either, they reduced it's damage, but not by much, reduced the range, but not by much, and reduced it's duration by a whooping .5 sec. Could just be because I'm playing a shitton of Poppy, and Poppy gives no fucks.

I think there be a bug and it actually got reduced to .5 secs total or something, I played him the other night and his stun was like "Oh they stopped for one step and then went right back to chasing whomever down." A knock-up animation from Cho/Xin/etc takes longer than Taric's stun duration now. The missile speed is nice but it seems like everyone has an instant cleanse hit them right after they are stunned by it.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 11:08:08 AM

My experience playing him yesterday didn't feel like the stun was any less than 1.5s. If the stun was .5s, you wouldn't even make it within melee range of them if you used it at max range.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 16, 2011, 02:17:55 PM

I picked up Riven and she's freaking fun as hell but she's basically a melee AD carry.  Unless the meta changes she's going to be useless for a long while.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 16, 2011, 02:27:46 PM

She's supposed to be jungle viable, it might be worth trying.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 02:38:41 PM

Yea I considered it but I don't have the runes for her to do it.  The other problem I see with that is like I said she's really a carry who depends on massive AD and thus gold.   Her CC is a bit lacking for ganking too.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 02:51:58 PM

Her CC is a bit lacking for ganking too.

She is very difficult to escape from with all of her dash type moves if you are squishy at all.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 09:26:48 PM

Not necessarily because of this patch, but...Soraka is completely broken now. Set her up with a full page of AP runes, and she will steamroll from the start with Starfall, and there's probably not a whole lot you can do about it.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 12:47:07 AM

I looooove seeing these FOTM Sorakas in my lane when I play Cho or Galio. They can't hit hard enough, and I can sustain just as well as them. Come back when you're Garen bitch!

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 08:21:12 AM

I got put in mid against one last night as Karma...I didn't know what else to do - I could hit her, but she was hitting back way harder, penetrating MR, not even having to aim.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Patch Notes 1.0.0.125  
Jump to: