Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:08:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: HeroEngine Licenses Free (for a bit) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HeroEngine Licenses Free (for a bit)  (Read 6108 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: September 10, 2011, 12:08:32 AM

On Friday September 9th we will be opening the floodgates again for the fourth build phase for new HeroCloud Licensees. This means if you want the HeroEngine Tools and The HeroCloud Platform, for free, now, we want to give them to you. Normally we have a number of hoops to jump through due to limited space and resources, but for Monday, if you meet the following minimum requirements we'll give you a license to the HeroCloud and pay for everything you need to make an online game.

You need (at minimum):
1 Developer capable of client and server scripting in the HeroScript Language.
1 Artist with access to Max or Maya somewhere in their art pipeline. We do NOT have an FBX import pipeline in the Cloud at this time, so Max or Maya is a requirement.
1 Idea for any type of online project from a social game, to co-op Tetris, to a multiplayer FPS, to the next big MMO.
1 Windows PC built after 1999, with 2GB RAM, updated drivers, etc.
An internet connection with up and down speeds faster than your grandmother uses. (1MB Upstream is NOT faster than your grandmother uses).

For the most part, right now you can play with HeroCloud w/o having a license whatsoever, but the world you generate wipes every 24hrs, so it's only useful to learn with.  The above "quote" however means that you have full access (if you meet the requirements) as long as you signup by this weekend; meaning your worlds will stay on the servers indefinitely along with whatever other middleware architecture you need for your project.

And for those of you who dont know already, SWTOR is using HeroEngine.   Without a doubt, it's the best suite of supported tools available for making any kind of online game.  It basically is what Multiverse was trying to do, and failed at.  I've played a bit with it and it's extremely powerful, and VERY easy to use.  Love that it comes with the "mostly done" Hero's Journey, so you can snipe assets and ideas from there.

Surprisingly, there's probably more support for HeroEngine than there is for CryEngine, go figure.  Heroscript is the biggest barrier to entry though.  I have no desire to learn it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:10:03 AM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 06:06:02 AM

Imagine the wow clones one could shit out with this tool.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 03:37:01 AM

In Space!  With Laser Swords!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: HeroEngine Licenses Free (for a bit)  
Jump to: