Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:07:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011 NFL Make Your Picks Sure to Be Wrong NOW Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011 NFL Make Your Picks Sure to Be Wrong NOW Thread  (Read 3771 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: September 07, 2011, 12:13:27 PM

This is just for shits and giggles thread. Make your season picks for the NFL by division and explain why you think that if you wish. You don't have to do win-loss, just rank the division finishes, playoffs and Super Bowl champ. Like so:

AFC East
Jets
Pats
Bills
Dolphins

Neither the Jets nor the Pats got a lot BETTER, but they didn't get worse either. The difference is that Sanchez has another year under his belt and his mistakes should be a bit less this year. The Bills aren't a HORRIBLE team anymore - they just aren't a good one either. Miami though - they are going to fuckawful. No one to run the ball on a run heavy team, Chad Henne throwing to Brandon Marshall, a good defense but unless they sign Garrard, I don't see them winning more than 6 games.

AFC North
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Cleveland
Bungles

Cincy is a shitton worse. This may be the worst team in football. Cleveland is getting better. Baltimore is going to take a step back with the loss of Derrick Mason. He may have been old and slow, but he was a good possession receiver. Boldin isn't a deep threat and they have no deep threat. Losing McClain will be a bigger blow than they thought. I see no reason Pittsburgh won't win this division by at least a game.

AFC South
Indy
Houston
Tennessee
Jacksonville

The Jags just fired their only experienced good QB, they have issues on offense and defense and I don't see them being good. Tennessee will be better with Hasselbeck at QB for however long he can remain vertical. Peyton's injury will hurt the Colts but barring Manning missing half the season, I don't see them not winning the division. If Houston has learned to stop anyone (and with Wade Phillips as the DC, they should) on defense, they should be better. But they will still miss the playoffs unless Manning misses half the season or more.

AFC West
San Diego
Kansas City
Oakland
Denver

This will be a tough division. I don't think KC will be any better but they won't be worse. San Diego should be better with Jackson for a whole season. Oakland won't be better but they won't suck as hard as they have for years. Denver will be... odd. John Fox will concentrate on the run, but I don't think Moreno is the guy who's going to be the back he wants. Orton won't have the high fantasy numbers he had last year but will probably be good. But they need to get the Tebow thing out of their system, or it will poison that team. They still won't be good enough to challenge this division.

NFC East
Eagles
Giants
Redskins
Cowboys

Another tough division to handicap. I think the Eagles are glaringly better than they were last year with all their free agent signings, but they still have O line issues and issues at LB. If Vick takes a step back or gets injured for more than 2 games, this team could crumble. The Giants are going to live or die on Eli's INT rate. The Skins will be better even with Rex at QB, but not playoff better. Dallas has issues at wideout, and now that we finally get to see if Garrett has the stuff to head coach, will Romo still be his QB at the end of the season?

NFC North
Packers
Bears
Lions
Vikings

The Bears will be worse. That defense is getting old, Cutler is coming off an injury and their O line is fucking terrible. I expect sacks, INT's and defensive wins with the occasional blowout. The Packers are clearly the class of the division and despite some free agency losses, their build through the draft mentality has left them young and full of depth. MVP QB, Ryan Grant returning with Starks to back him up, and lots of talent everywhere. They should win this division easy. The Lions will be better if Stafford's arm stays attached, but even without him, they will be better this year. Their defense should start to scare people. The Vikings are a mess. McNabb will be injured at some point, and the backups aren't exciting - Christian Ponder as a raw rookie may get the chance to start by Week 7. I expect an offense full of AP and missing the playoffs.

NFC South
Falcons
Saints
Bucs
Panthers

One of the more exciting divisions in football. The Falcons are the cream of this division but the Saints could challenge. This won't be an easy division win for the Yardbirds, but I expect them to win it. The Saints will have a better attack with Sproles than with Bush (who was hurt a lot anyway) and hopefully a healthy Pierre Thomas. Defense will be the key to which team takes this. The Bucs will probably take a step back, maybe a 9 win season, missing the playoffs again. The Panthers might be better, but it won't be by much.

NFC West
Cards
Rams
Seahawks
49ers

Can we forget this division exists? PLEASE? Bradford will lead the Rams to a winning record, but they won't make the playoffs. The Cards will probably make it with a 9-7, maybe even 10 wins with Kolb as QB over Derek Anderson (who was worth at least 3 or 4 losses on his own). The Hawks and Niners will be fucking awful.

Playoff Teams

AFC
Jets
Pats
Steelers
Ravens
Colts
Chargers

NFC
Packers
Eagles
Falcons
Cardinals
Saints
Giants

Yeah, I picked the Giants to get to the playoffs. Don't worry, they'll lose the Wild Card game. I just don't see the Bears repeating and I can't say any of the other teams are good enough for the playoffs.

Super Bowl
Packers v. Jets

Pack wins!

I'm sure these will all go horribly wrong, as I've jinxed my Pack with my pick.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 12:21:39 PM

I'm sure these will all go horribly wrong, as I've jinxed my Pack with my pick.

Hopefully  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  (Bears fan)

I do agree with how you picked the NFC North though

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 12:22:12 PM

AFC East

Pats
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

AFC North

Ravens
Steelers
Browns
Bengals

AFC South
Texans
Colts
Titans
Jags

AFC West
Chargers
Chiefs
Broncos
Raiders

Wildcards- Steelers, Jets

AFC Champs- Pats (bleah)

NFC East
Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
Redskins

NFC North
Packers
Lions
Bears
Vikings

NFC South
Falcons
Saints
Bucs
Panthers

NFC West
Cardinals
Rams
Seahawks
49ers

Wildcards- Saints, Lions

NFC Champs- Falcons

NFL Champs- Falcons

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 12:40:24 PM

AFC East
Patriots
Jets
Dolphins
Bills

Patriots have a better defense this year and their offense could be even better than last year.  The Bills also can't run the ball while the Fins have the better defense of the two.

AFC North
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Cleveland
Bengals

Andy Dalton will make Cincy wish they had Chad Henne.  awesome, for real

AFC South
Houston
Indy
Tennessee
Jacksonville

The wheels come off for the Colts.

AFC West
San Diego
Kansas City
Oakland
Denver

After the Chargers, the other three are kind of interchangeable.  Whichever one gets their offense to actually work will probably come in second.

NFC East
Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
Redskins

Eagles should run away this this one, assuming Vick can stay in one piece.

NFC North
Packers
Lions
Bears
Vikings

Lions are going to surprise, assuming Stafford's arm doesn't pop off.

NFC South
Falcons
Saints
Bucs
Panthers

Much as I'd like to see them do even better this year, the Bucs are due for a bit of a backslide due to a tougher schedule and Blount/Williams sophomore slumps.

NFC West
Rams
Cards
49ers
Seahawks

I trust Bradford's arm more than Kolb's and Beanie is going to flop yet again.  The Seahawks are going to be terrible, competing with the Bengals, Panthers and Jaguars for worst in the league.

Playoff Teams

AFC
Pats
Jets
Steelers
Ravens
Texans
Chargers

No big surprises other than the Colts not making it, though I don't think that should really come as a surprise.

NFC
Eagles
Packers
Lions
Falcons
Saints
Rams

But will the Rams have a winning record?

Super Bowl
Eagles v. Chargers

Winner: Chargers

Why?  No good reason other than I just have a feeling.

Over and out.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 01:17:45 PM

AFC East
Patriots
Jets
Dolphins
Bills

Jets will be strong, but that running game is a little suspect for my tastes. Might be a passing league, but still... Pats go and Jets on the Wildcard.

AFC North
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Cleveland
Bengals

Fuck I hate my own division. I want ot slot the Browns second, but seriously, I don't see it for at least 2 more years. Pittsburgh's defense is getting old, but so is Baltimore's ... But I go with Pitts because I think Flacco just lacks something Big Ben has...intangibles.

AFC South
Indy
Houston
Tennessee
Jacksonville

I still think the Colts will pry out enough to take the division but these Colts are no the South juggernaut they were... especially without Manning on the field. But with the other teams in the division, it's Indy's to lose..especially considering Houston does a nice implosion at least once a year that ends up screwing the season.

AFC West
Kansas City
San Diego
Oakland
Denver

I should go with Sandi... I should. But I am going to combobreak with KC. I think they'll get lucky in enough games to beat out the Chargers for the division.  San Diego is just one of those teams like the Dophins in the 80s... they do stuff, but never enough stuff and never at the right time.

NFC East
Giants
Eagles
Cowboys
Redskins

I can't see Vick living through the season with that offensive line. I think the Giants squeak it out with "aw shucks" by a game but both go into the playoffs.

NFC North
Packers
Lions
Bears
Vikings

Packers.... after watching the team last year and having most of that team back, young-ish and healthy, no question. I too have to take the Lions second because the Bears and Vikings are in the corner eating paste.

NFC South
Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Panthers

Saints will win this again and probably split the Falcons games.

NFC West
Rams
Cards
Seahawks
49ers

Does this division actually count? I think the Rams under Bradford takes it mainly due to the fact he and the Rams are getting consistently better. Then again, taking this division is the "everyone gets a trophy" division for me.

Playoff Teams

AFC
Pats
*Jets
Steelers
*Ravens
Colts
KC

I have better luck shooting skeet. I think houston trips over their pants around their ankles again and Colts grab it.

NFC
*Eagles
Packers
Giants
*Falcons
Saints
Rams

Interesting in that the Eagles will probably bow out to the Rams.

Super Bowl
Packers v. Jets

Why? because I want to see Ryan cry after getting buried in the Super Bowl.

Winner: Packers

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 01:43:57 PM

AFC East
Patriots
Jets
Dolphins
Bills

Pats are better than everyone else here and have the best QB.

AFC North
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Cleveland
Bengals

Baltimore is old and older. I don't buy Flacco and I have Big Ben on my fantasy team.

AFC South
Houston
Tennessee
Indy
Jacksonville

I think Manning is done for the season and they are hiding it. Houston will be fine with Foster healing up quickly.

AFC West
Denver
Kansas City
San Diego
Oakland

I think Denver shocks people in this crappy division. KC will be good but not good enough on defense, and SD sucks too hard with Norv at the helm.

NFC East
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
Redskins

I think the division is really weak this year. Vick will win it if he survives because Romo can't throw to anybody but Witten effectively. The Giants have some many injury problems it's comical. The Skins always suck.

NFC North
Packers
Bears
Vikings
Lions

Packers are good. Very good. Still very good. Bears have D and that's it. Vikings lack a decent QB those isn't ancient. Lions will fall apart when Stafford falls down the stairs and breaks a leg.

NFC South
Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Panthers

Saints and Falcons probably tie at 11-5 and go to a tiebreaker I don't understand.

NFC West
Cards
Seahawks
Rams
49ers

Kolb just has to help them win 8 games and they probably make the playoffs.

Playoff Teams

AFC

New England
Pitt
Houston
Denver
WC - NY Jets
WC - Baltimore

NFC
Philly
Green Bay
New Orleans
Arizona
WC - Atlanta
WC - Dallas

Super Bowl
Cards v. Patriots

Is it crazy? You bet your ass it is. You know what's crazier? Coach Homeless losing in the Big Dance again.

Winner: Cardinals

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 02:45:06 PM

I know shit about most of the teams because I don't have reliable TV service and I am lazy.

But I will say this:

The Packers always go to the big show 2 years in a row.

Who they play against, and who wins I have no fucking clue but they will win the NFC title.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 10:34:52 PM

AFC East
Patriots
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

Tom Brady is going to Brady the shit out of the league again this year.  I think Bellichick won't let them repeat their dismal performance in the playoffs last year.

AFC North
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
Cleveland
Bengals

Starting to get a little bored of the same old shit in this division, but there it is.

AFC South
Houston
Indy
Tennessee
Jacksonville

I think Peyton will miss MORE than just one game this year, and it will finally be enough to get Houston into the post season.  Bob Mcnair will them promptly fire Gary Kubiak.

AFC West
San Diego
Kansas City
Oakland
Denver

Philip Rivers is really, really good.  They will shore up the special teams mistakes and have a faster start than is their wont.  KC will hover around .500.

NFC East
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
Redskins

I don't buy all the hype, but I still think the Iggles are good enough to win the division.  Cowboys will be better, but probably miss the playoffs.  Hopefully we can all stop talking about what a powerhouse this division is...because they really haven't been in a long time.

NFC North
Packers
Bears
Lions
Vikings

Bears will actually manage to be better this year, and still win fewer games.  Packers are still too good for everyone else.  Will be closer than people think, though.

NFC South
Saints
Falcons
Bucs
Panthers

Fuck if I know.  Coin toss between Falcons and Saints.

NFC West
Seahawks
Rams
Cards
49ers

Seattle is going to disappoint their way all the way to the post season again.  I am hard-wired to hate the Rams, so fuck Sam Bradford in his tiny earhole.

Playoff Teams

AFC
Pats
*Jets
Steelers
*Ravens
Houston
San Diego

NFC
*Eagles
Packers
Bears
*Falcons
Saints
Seahawks

Super Bowl
Packers v. Patriots

Winner: Packers Patriots no, Packers.  Going for the rare repeat.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 11:17:20 PM

The only thing I am sure of is the Giants are going to make me frowny face a lot (and Eli in particular, and WOO MY FFB TEAM AUTODRAFTED HIM FOR MY TEAM so double the angst!) and that the Rams are going to win the NFC West.

God Save the Horn Players
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 08:00:11 AM

Just thought I'd list the things I've gotten right so far:

Miami though - they are going to fuckawful. No one to run the ball on a run heavy team, Chad Henne throwing to Brandon Marshall, a good defense but unless they sign Garrard, I don't see them winning more than 6 games.

The Jags just fired their only experienced good QB, they have issues on offense and defense and I don't see them being good. Tennessee will be better with Hasselbeck at QB for however long he can remain vertical.  If Houston has learned to stop anyone (and with Wade Phillips as the DC, they should) on defense, they should be better. But they will still miss the playoffs unless Manning misses half the season or more.

Orton won't have the high fantasy numbers he had last year but will probably be good. But they need to get the Tebow thing out of their system, or it will poison that team. They still won't be good enough to challenge this division.

The Packers are clearly the class of the division and despite some free agency losses, their build through the draft mentality has left them young and full of depth. MVP QB, Ryan Grant returning with Starks to back him up, and lots of talent everywhere. They should win this division easy.

McNabb will be injured at some point, and the backups aren't exciting - Christian Ponder as a raw rookie may get the chance to start by Week 7. I expect an offense full of AP and missing the playoffs.

The Saints will have a better attack with Sproles than with Bush

Shit I have so far gotten horribly wrong:

The difference is that Sanchez has another year under his belt and his mistakes should be a bit less this year. The Bills aren't a HORRIBLE team anymore - they just aren't a good one either.

Cincy is a shitton worse. This may be the worst team in football. Cleveland is getting better.

Peyton's injury will hurt the Colts but barring Manning missing half the season, I don't see them not winning the division.

I don't think KC will be any better but they won't be worse. San Diego should be better with Jackson for a whole season. Oakland won't be better but they won't suck as hard as they have for years.

The Falcons are the cream of this division but the Saints could challenge.

Bradford will lead the Rams to a winning record, but they won't make the playoffs. The Cards will probably make it with a 9-7, maybe even 10 wins with Kolb as QB over Derek Anderson (who was worth at least 3 or 4 losses on his own). The Hawks and Niners will be fucking awful.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2011 NFL Make Your Picks Sure to Be Wrong NOW Thread  
Jump to: