Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:44:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Queue dodging 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Queue dodging  (Read 12107 times)
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

on: September 04, 2011, 05:25:25 PM

I feel like everytime I get some 12-year-old spewing junk around in team chat, or a team comp of like 4AD instant locks, or somebody who picks revive, I'm better off just quitting the queue rather than wasting my time.

So do other people do this?
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 05:37:38 PM

I actually have a system for it.

When I join a game I just say "Hello, friends." if I get anyone who starts saying stuff like stfu noob, I'm not your friend, ect; I will typically just quit queue and go make a sandwich or something before trying again in 5 minutes. Better than wasting possibly an hour plus on a bad game.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 05:56:40 PM

But I'm not your friend, buddy!

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 08:05:27 PM

Is there still some kind of timer on this ? I think I remember getting an increasingly  longer lockout  after "doding" a few queues in a row.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 08:16:05 PM

Yup. 5 minutes for the first dodge 7 or 10 for the second and beyond.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 12:54:58 AM

Any time I see a Yi or Trynd I immediately want to dodge queue.  Trynd wouldn't be so bad but it seems the invuln drives people to true stupidity.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 09:25:39 AM

Any time I see a Yi or Trynd I immediately want to dodge queue.  Trynd wouldn't be so bad but it seems the invuln drives people to true stupidity.

The easiest way to spot a bad Trynd (at least in my experiance) is that he thinks running into the other team and ulting is a good way to initiate a fight.

Easist way to spot a bad Yi, they are playing Yi.   why so serious?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:56:29 AM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 09:51:18 AM

More seriously, Yi's taking AS items early. It's a given they are going to feed like mad.

Steam Profile
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 09:52:06 AM

Easist way to spot a bad Yi, they are playing Yi.  With an expensive skin.
Emphasis mine.  awesome, for real

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 09:57:58 AM

An alternative to queue dodging - carry your team.  (Damnit, I had to post this somewhere!  Playing as Kat.)

This may have been an ARAM game.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 09:20:36 PM

Hahah, still nice :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 11:20:19 PM

Shaco free week.  I may have to find a new game till next rotation.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 11:32:13 PM

I'm going to be making alot of sandwiches this week. Or playing alot of Shaco to keep people who don't own him from taking him.

Steam Profile
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 06:07:12 AM

Ha, love the Shaco hate.  awesome, for real  I've seen him carry multiple games, I've seen him feed multiple games.  But my biggest issue with Shaco is for some reason he attracts some of the worst attitude players in the game.  I've seen so many Shaco players that will rage quit because they faily terribly on the first gank.

Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 06:18:59 AM

In my case at least, it isn't Shaco hate, so much as free week Shaco player hate. Getting a "first time Shaco" always seems to result in endless feeding by that player.
Something about the champ makes people think they are immortal and can get out of anything with him, so they do stupid things like go after that low health Ashe in the middle of her 4 teammates, and just get annihilated while barley scratching Ashe.

Steam Profile
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 08:06:10 AM

In my case at least, it isn't Shaco hate, so much as free week Shaco player hate. Getting a "first time Shaco" always seems to result in endless feeding by that player.
Something about the champ makes people think they are immortal and can get out of anything with him, so they do stupid things like go after that low health Ashe in the middle of her 4 teammates, and just get annihilated while barley scratching Ashe.

Good point...in general stealth and free week don't mix well.

Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 11:30:47 AM

A couple of stories from ELO Hell:

1)team shaco, yi, various other scrap ( + me as cho).   I was pretty lackluster, the  rest of team fed non stop. Other team was morde, garen ,brand, veigar,ashe. result? -yi+shaco carry team to victory with yi finishing 27/x/x and shaco backdoring their nexus while we defending ours (all our inhibs were down). kill score? 30-50

2) Trash talking  arrogant person, picks vayne, insults half players in room. we have decent comp (cho,vayne, me as annie + some other guys). vayne and cho carry team so hard I am shamed as annie delegated to assists. 2 others were total scrubs

3) Brand with exhaust+clarity. me cho. Soraka feeds 0/10 first 10 minutes at bot ,they lose tower. brand goes 0/3 to veigar. I am solo top and raging hardcore. Team fight phase? -we roll them so hard they dont know what hit em. soraka got 26 assits. I go 7/0 cho, brand carries 18/8 .

And to contrast this

cait,gp, annie,trynd,maplhite. I carry with annie  28/6/  .malphite does his job .rest of the team is not positive no towers down , no nothing . We lose despite I am having full build and acing their team twice in late stages of game

amumu, MF,annie, teemo,lee sin .Teemo goes 0/8. lee sin is useless. amumu quits. surrender at  20.

twitch, cho, +something...- best twitch ever. carries 32/12 from start to finish with no help. Rivaled by equally great ez on other team. I play lackluster. our team worthless. we lose. sad to see such good twitch lose.

moral?- dont judge the team by  composition.  Sometimes the most trashtalking guys are best players. Sometimes they pick with worthless spells will end up one the few good players on your side. Raging never helps.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 11:35:26 AM

I just got out of a game where I spent the first half dying a good bit (I suck and I was playing Katarina for the first time) and getting bitched out by my teammates because of it. When I informed them I was a noob and that their hostile attitudes would push people away from the game, there response was "I'm level 30, learn to play." My response was "Ok, I'm NOT level 30 so how am I supposed to learn to play other than to make my own mistakes?" That shut them up.

Look, I understand one shitty teammate like myself can sink your game. I mistakenly thought that at level 8, I wouldn't get matched up with level 30 people, but I guess I was wrong. But goddamn, this is how games fucking die - driving off new blood. Still not as bad as the reception I got in Heroes of Newerth, but I see the same kind of talk from you guys as well. Some of you WILL NOT want to play with me because I'm so bad at the moment, especially with characters I know so little about.

My thought process is play as many different types of champs as possible to learn what they do so that you can counter it when you play against them. There are a few champs I'm getting decent with but I don't want to limit myself to 2 or 3 since there are so many. And free characters I need to try out to see if I want to save up to buy them.

Be kind to n00bs and such.

Oh and we won the goddamn game in the team kill phase so bad that one of the opposing players started bitching about how bad his team was.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 11:37:46 AM by HaemishM »

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 12:56:47 PM

I have no problem playing with people of any skill level, it's all cool.

It's funny, when I first started playing I was the "let's call just get along and have fun!" guy. Then I got so ground-down by the community I became extremely short-tempered. Now I'm at some happy medium.

I play a lot of Cass and until recently Cass was considered underpowered. When I picked her in ranked people would often immediately complain bitterly and IMMEDIATELY start attacking me. Like "well we lose gg retard, picking worst champ in game." Then as soon as things start to go badly in game people blame me even if I am clearly doing the best on the team. Now people are finally realizing that Cass is fine so thank god that's mostly stopped.

The only think that gets to me now is people who play a character for the first time in ranked. At least practice a couple times in normal or AI games. Beyond that though I don't care who people pick or if they play badly.

It seems like the game has a second F13 wind, we should try to organize a play time together.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 01:29:43 PM

I wish they would turn off the damn win/loss counter in normal; games. I think having to see W/L ratio makes the community way more hostile than it needs to be. I work really hard not get angsty about games but even I get horrifically stabby when my W/L ratio goes below 1. I'm really hoping Dota 2 has some sort of mode that isn't permanently recorded.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 01:36:40 PM

See, I'm in normal games. The only thing I'm there for is 1) fun, 2) experience with/against champions, 3) XP and 4) IP. If I was playing ranked or something and this shit meant all that much beyond that, I might be a little more understanding. But don't be a douchenozzle when the stakes are so goddamn low.

Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 01:55:31 PM

Exactly. I think people would be less douchey if their wins and losses weren't tracked in normal games. Right now the only place to find untracked games in LoL is the practice matches, and that is dropper hell.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 02:00:29 PM

See, I'm in normal games. The only thing I'm there for is 1) fun, 2) experience with/against champions, 3) XP and 4) IP. If I was playing ranked or something and this shit meant all that much beyond that, I might be a little more understanding. But don't be a douchenozzle when the stakes are so goddamn low.

Funny thing I used to be so anal about w:l in normal games. Thats before I started playing ranked. Now I am totally chill in normal games and I dont give a hoot about what happens there.  I think everyone should get a mandatory 5 ranked games at lvl 30 so they start  being chill in normal  ones :)
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 02:13:38 PM

Probably true. I've avoided ranked games because I'm afraid my kids might need me to leave, but given that I have 1200 games played since beta and only 3 leaves I can probably pretty safely play ranked.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 02:25:29 PM

I was playing normal once and not doing well and I said "first time with this champ sorry" and someone responded with "WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE SOMEONE YOU HAD NEVER PLAYED BEFORE???"

To be fair the entire rest of the team pointed out how stupid that was.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 02:29:01 PM

It is annoying when your game is quickly ended by a Kassadin who doesn't know what the buttons do but I could never manage to yell at someone for it. I just drink more. If I ever become an alcoholic it will be LoL's doing.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 02:43:17 PM

I always prefer playing with friends, no matter their skill level. Playing with other people usually just ends up being infuriating.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 02:48:14 PM

I mistakenly thought that at level 8, I wouldn't get matched up with level 30 people, but I guess I was wrong.

You aren't wrong. How you get matched up with level 30's at 8 is someone who is low level 1-10 or so, getting in a premade with a level 30. Then the matchmaker averages out things and you get thrown in with level 30 dude, level 4 dude, level 6 dude and level 5 dude on their team, then you'r team is all around 8-12 or some such.

Really, that level 30 guy was just being a douche.

As far us our talk about horrible players, I believe most of us are talking about such at high level play. Meaning, I am mind blown baffled at how horrible someone can apparently be, seemingly not picking up a thing about the game, when they ARE level 30, which took them hundreds of matches to get to in the first place. And then proceed to think they are good.

Noobs I don't mind, meaning, new players. n00bs who are just dickish or idiotic beyond any apparent reason I have pretty much no tolerance for.

Steam Profile
Strazos

Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 02:52:30 PM

I mostly play with a RL friend or two, but wouldn't mind playing with people here as well.

Caution - if we're using mics, I am prone to bitching aloud. A lot. Think of it as me thinking aloud.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I'm not great, but certainly coachable if that's bearable. And even with the bitching, I don't take the game terribly seriously.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 03:56:24 PM

Add Slayerik - we roll 2-5 man normal games from 11:00pm est on...

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 06, 2011, 04:08:47 PM

Which reminds me, did you get the messages I sent you while you were in a game the other night ? Still not sure how that part of the chat interface works.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Strazos

Reply #31 on: September 06, 2011, 04:12:30 PM

Doh, that's too late for me during the week - it's a school night.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 06, 2011, 04:26:39 PM

Doh, that's too late for me during the week - it's a school night.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Ohhhhh, I see.
I see you online all the time, but always "in game", too.  awesome, for real

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 06, 2011, 04:39:08 PM

look for me strazos, Im usually 4 or 5 cst till 7 or 8ish. I've been tagging along with ezrast and his buddy diablq as well. username is bandit11
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 06:59:06 PM

Which reminds me, did you get the messages I sent you while you were in a game the other night ? Still not sure how that part of the chat interface works.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

to reply, while in-game, type /w f13ername hey! stop pestering me, I'm PLAYING here!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Queue dodging  
Jump to: