Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:54:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: No more mac client 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No more mac client  (Read 1950 times)
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

on: September 03, 2011, 05:53:52 PM

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1185192

They are offering a full refund of all RP, and if you've been playing on a mac, you get a free champions bundle. (Which I've already bought.)

Guess it's time to work on that bootcamp install.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 04:32:57 AM

Took the time to get boot camp working on my wife's work MacBook this weekend.  Fairly painless process...the only tips I recommend:

- If you don't have your Mac OS disc, you'll have to hit up the Pirate Bay for the .iso download of just the Bootcamp 3.0 software.  Apple's too lazy to put it up for download, and the built-in software doesn't actually work when it gives you the option to download it automatically.

- After the partition's are made and your installing windows, don't settle for the format job that Apple did.  Have Windows reformat the patition itself.  FAT32 is recommended, as it'll allow you swap files back and forth between your Mac and Win sides.

Only other trouble I myself ran into was using Windows XP with SP2 already loaded.  SP2 can't figure out WP2 wireless connections, so I had to hardline the Mac to download updates and whatnot until I got SP3 installed.  Prior to SP3 though, first install the Boot Camp 3.0 software (either by your Mac OS disc or PirateBay .iso copy), reboot, and run the Apple Software update repeatedly to get the 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 updates.  These include all the drivers for the Mac hardware to ensure things are running good. After Apple is happy, then start plugging in the Windows updates.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: No more mac client  
Jump to: