Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:55:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Round 5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Round 5  (Read 12638 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 10:48:14 PM

Now we have three of the top four, unless the Ermine Vermin/Chanson Dada game is a draw we'll have four teams on 4 wins each.

I've already played Emperors of the Pitch

The Emperors have already played Going Forth By Day, Ermine Vermin and me

Going Forth By Day have played the Emperors of the Pitch.

So, if the Vermin win their game then the Emperors would have to play someone they've already met, otherwise they'd play Chanson Dada and the other decider would be Fianna Chulain vs Going Forth By Day.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 12:58:46 AM

The first rule of swiss club is that you never play the same team twice.

If Vermin beat or tie Chanson, Emperors will be playing a 3.5 team.

Fianna and Going Forth might also end up with a non-4.0 opponent depending on permutations. If that happens you need to cheer for all your prior opponents as they contribute your tie breaker points.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 01:05:48 AM

Just to expand a little more, the system works down from the top adding teams to a score  group until a valid combination of fixtures is possible.

So a number of 3.5 or 3.0 teams might need adding depending on who has already played whom. Those teams then become valid opponents for the rest of the score group.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 07, 2011, 01:09:39 AM

Also the system occasionally does weird shit I don't understand but then I find I can't put together a better set of valid fixtures so whatever.

People not completing matches from 2 weeks ago doesn't help by the way as it really starts to fuck with tiebreakers.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #39 on: September 07, 2011, 12:06:10 PM

Yes, I suck. It's been hard to find an hour I know I'll be able to be online, alone and uninterrupted. I'd really like to play Sjofn at some point, but you could just give her the win if it helps unfuck things.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 12:06:08 AM

Okay, I am finally back at home, with BB access, etc. eldaec, I should be around most of tomorrow and will in particular aim to be available tomorrow evening and on Steam, etc. Hopefully we can git 'er done then -- if not, sometime Saturday, assuming that is still pre-deadline.

As for the likelihood of Chanson Dada getting another win, with no tackle and barely any skills at all vs. a Skaven team... well, I suppose I could get lucky!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 02:13:49 AM

I'm going give everyone the weekend for this round, as we still have a fair number of matches left.

ICE, I'm GMT+2, likely best time will be my Saturday evening, your Saturday morning if that works.

Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 09, 2011, 09:48:45 AM

ICE, I'm GMT+2, likely best time will be my Saturday evening, your Saturday morning if that works.

Ah, okay. That should work for me, will aim for somewhere in the 11-1 (me) / 8-10 (you) window. Could try a bit earlier if that would be better for your Sat. night plans.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 10, 2011, 12:59:18 PM

Ermine Vermin 1
Chason Dada  2

2-1 grind per textbook.

Chason a bit lucky with their first half TD, but Vermin had the block gods on their side throughout. Unfortunately, the dodge dice, not so much.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 10, 2011, 01:01:51 PM

5 outstanding matches.

How are we doing on scheduling?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #45 on: September 10, 2011, 05:45:49 PM

Looks like I'm playing Chanson Dada then, I think.  ICE and I haven't had a conclusive match in a long time; tons of ties.  Should be a lot of fun.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 10, 2011, 06:58:09 PM

Hopefully the inducements can win it for me, because the skill differential between our teams is pretty much like whoa. Maybe taking Tentacles on the soon-to-be-fired Minotaur wasn't the most productive choice...   why so serious?
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 10, 2011, 09:26:18 PM

5 outstanding matches.

How are we doing on scheduling?

Well, I don't know what's happened to HOAX; I have tried and  tried to contact him and schedule a game. Oh how I have tried, I guess all of two attempts I had made before now.
He however keeps managing to give me the slip (probably because he fears my win-less record) so if we don't play the game tomorrow, you can just go ahead and award him the win for your ranking system. It's just more efficient that way.

-G
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #48 on: September 10, 2011, 09:55:10 PM

Hoax has conceded his last two games.  I wouldn't be surprised if he just planned on not playing.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 11, 2011, 08:00:33 AM

If we call Hoax a forfeit that still leaves Stazos/Sjofn, Sky/Sjofn, Sky/Bann, and Ulysses/Avaia.

What's the plan guys?

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #50 on: September 11, 2011, 08:32:13 AM

I never see her online - always away or asleep, and no response to previous Steam messages.  Ohhhhh, I see.

However, if she's planning at all to use whatever team she's using here in the season, I'm fine with conceding with my worthless elves.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #51 on: September 11, 2011, 04:46:54 PM

Sjofn just lost to Strazos 3-1. Danny Zuko went up a level and has wrestle. <3

Not much interesting to report, beyond me and Strazos having pretty clumsy elves, all things considered. He's also incapable of kicking the ball in bounds.

EDIT: Also I hate that Steam doesn't tell me I have a message from a STRANGER while I'm in a game, so I wind up seeing poor Strazos messaged me who-knows-how-much-later.

EDIT TWO: Also we were stuck on four minute turns for some reason. And four minute turns are worse than Hitler!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:48:37 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #52 on: September 11, 2011, 04:52:44 PM

First half was fairly good for me, scoring 3 TDs in spite of some suspect rolling.

Second half was not as kind, as I immediately lose 2 players to KOs and start missing fairly simple rolls. With a 2 player advantage, Sjofn is able to keep me henned in my own end for the entire half, and finally manages to take the ball back late for a TD. I had 2 turns to answer, but a failed pickup and a 1 on a later handoff ended the game.

I'm still down 3 players, but one of my elves finally has dodge.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: September 11, 2011, 10:36:45 PM

If I don't hear anything from the remaining teams I'll do the round 6 draw this evening.

Will be arbitrarily setting results of outstanding matches.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 12, 2011, 03:33:51 AM

Have tried to get my match played with Avaia the last week but have been unsuccesful - will keep on trying.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: September 12, 2011, 06:22:11 AM

Sky and I have been unable to find a time to play. We have spoken on steam every 2 or 3 days, but have not been able to find a time where he knows he will have time online.

I'm willing to just take a loss/draw/whatever here so we can advance the game day and I'll try again with the next opponent.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: September 12, 2011, 07:10:46 AM

Have tried to get my match played with Avaia the last week but have been unsuccesful - will keep on trying.

Please PM me with your availability and I will try to schedule magic.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #57 on: September 12, 2011, 09:17:55 AM

Sky and I have been unable to find a time to play. We have spoken on steam every 2 or 3 days, but have not been able to find a time where he knows he will have time online.

I'm willing to just take a loss/draw/whatever here so we can advance the game day and I'll try again with the next opponent.
No, if anyone takes the loss it'll be me. You've been available and I haven't. Apologies to both you and Sjofn (and eldaec), I've got a lot on my plate for the next couple of months. Not sure I'll even be playing season 5.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 12, 2011, 01:38:17 PM

The pools panel has met and determined the following results for the abandoned fixtures...

Festering Wounds vs The Fantasticks Away win
Aery Faery's (sic) vs Stir Fry Score draw
Festering Wounds vs Blue Line Away win
Court of the Moon vs Sons of the West        Home win

Round 6 draw to follow.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: ~D&M~ Preseason 5 Round 5  
Jump to: