Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:33:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Poke Squad 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poke Squad  (Read 4223 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: August 31, 2011, 06:32:41 AM

With the sustain nerfs, now is a good time to look at poke squads!

Gragas - Tank / Barrels / Displacement
Ashe - DPS / Initiator
Cait - Poke / DPS
Kog'maw - Poke / AP
Jungle Sivir - Huh http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/10709-zaggath-s-jungle-sivir.xhtml :)

Janna - Support / wind
Urgot - Tank/Initiator/DPS/whatev
Ezrael - Skill poke
Nidalee - Spear poke / heal
Kennen - Tank style / harass / ult
Tristana - Big range - Displacement ult
Sivir - Ult / Blade /pusher
Zilean- Support Bomber
Brand/Annie/Anivia - Cause they hurt
Cass - Poison shit!

The basis is, in team fights you poke the fuck out of them. Ashe arrow flies , sivir kicks on ult, and shit gets nasty. Sivir helps with lane push and blade harass/richochet poke. Gragas initiates as well, and pops people with barrels.

Lanes:

Top: Kog'maw
Mid: Ashe
Bot: Gragas\Cait
Jungle: Sivir

As usual, looking for ideas/feedback!

My own feedback: This team obviously lacks CC. Exhaust on a few characters is a must. Slowing item on at least one character as well.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 06:55:51 AM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 06:46:46 AM

A good Gragas/Cait lane is also infuriating early game for the opposing team. Good luck last hitting without taking a bunch of damage.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 10:24:19 AM

My friend Tom considers Heimer is the poke-master. I fucking hate Heimer.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 11:44:27 AM

Hmm, I fuckin' hate him too but it might be sound in this setup..... UGH

FUCK HEIMER

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 01:30:37 PM

Lux has great range, and so can poke pretty well with her exploding orb slow thing.  She would also bring a double snare and a shield.  Then of course her ult, the greatest poke in the game.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 01:50:29 PM

Hate to say it Slay, but FAIL HARD.  awesome, for real

You have a "poke team" discussion and Orianna is never mentioned once.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 03:30:50 PM

Maokai
Yoric
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 03:35:39 PM

Galio is actually a pretty good poker too, and also fits the tank role well for your team.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 05:01:03 PM

Ashe, Janna, Gargas, Ez, Heimer gg.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 05:47:00 PM

Heimer is such a passive-aggressive bitch with his damn OP turrets.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 07:15:23 PM

Hate to say it Slay, but FAIL HARD.  awesome, for real

You have a "poke team" discussion and Orianna is never mentioned once.

Eh, fuck Orianna :) Post a squad
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:18:18 PM by Slayerik »

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 07:37:06 PM

I think Morgana might be a decent fit, she can push a lane forward pretty powerfully and force them to turret hug and she has some CC. But she does not do the kind of quick damage that I consider necessary in a pokefest.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 07:43:24 PM

Galio is actually a pretty good poker too, and also fits the tank role well for your team.

Amen Brother!!!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:45:19 PM by Ashamanchill »

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 07:57:55 AM

Heimer is such a passive-aggressive bitch with his damn OP turrets.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Actually forgot about Ori, would sub gargas for Ori. Heimer is perfect for a poke team because poke teams rely on the fact that players don't like team fights, most players don't like team fighting when the situation is not in there favor, even slightly. Heimer is a UP champ but most players are conditioned to be really, really scared of fighting under his turrets. So when a heimer parkis his two pathetic turrets just between your creep wave, the enemy tower, and the opposing creep wave, he will most likely, supported by the most hard hitting poke oriented champs in the world, never have to move. And like ez, Heimer comes with not one but two hyper annoying poke skills with stupid range. Its not about "power" but relying on the pussy factor of the enemy team. I've seen many teams refuse to teamfight a poking team in defense of a tower or there inner tower and ending up deciding to lose an inhibitor and hope the nexus towers provide better cover...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Poke Squad  
Jump to: