Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:26:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Your Top 5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Top 5  (Read 9112 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

on: August 29, 2011, 11:50:11 AM

Your favorite and best champs, curious for my never ending theorycrafting and team comping. If you only play two, list two!

Singed
Udyr
Cho'Gath
Kennen
Zilean

For AD, I just never enjoyed playing AD carries much, I always sucked at them. For a long time I had a bad habit of treating every champ like it was Singed, and that's not good for your K/D :) I'm ok with Jax. Played a little Master Yi, and I kinda suck with em. I sucked with Ashe (yes, with Ashe).  Maybe I need to try a AD ranged again, MF or Cait maybe.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 12:10:14 PM

Vayne
Trundle
Rammus
Kassadin if I want to go AP, but I'm not great with him.

Looking at Trundle for my next purchase, for when we need a higher DPS jungle than Rammus. Nocturne might be a stronger pick for that, but I haven't had a chance to play him for free yet and he looks harder. Also considering Singed just for the laughs.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:00:34 PM by ezrast »
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 12:12:44 PM

Favorite and best are very different lists!  awesome, for real

Probably -
Ashe
Alistar
Fiddlesticks (Lane or jungle)
Rammus (Jungle, always)
Morgana

My Annie, Amumu, Blitz, Janna, GP, Nasus, Nocturne, Trist, Taric, Tryn, Soraka, and Shen are all people I'd be comfortable enough with to play ranked games.  But I think I picked my top 5 accruately.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:21:03 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 02:11:14 PM

In no particular order:

Morgana
Rammus
Evelynn (pre-nerf  swamp poop)
Sona  why so serious?
(mismash including Sion, Sivir, Tristana, Garen, Kayle, Kassadin)

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 02:20:17 PM

Poppy - Football style
Eve (still good with her post-nerf, the stun was never a huge part of my playstyle with her)
Irelia - Jungle/Mid
Gragas - AP
Janna - Pure support

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 02:27:55 PM

Lux - Easily my best
Nidalee
Karthas
Miss Fortune
Singed

Note, I'm not actually what I would considering "Good" with any of them other than Lux, heh.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 02:54:09 PM

Morgana - AP carry/support
Amumu - jungle
Brand - AP carry
Tristana - AD carry
Alistar - support/roam/rar
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:40:14 AM by tastyhat »
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 03:11:54 PM

My best are:

Taric
Morgana

I have been ok with Janna the couple times I have played her and want to spend more time using her. I also need to get better at playing damage dealers instead of just support like I have been.

Champs I have played a little bit lately and want to get better with:
Cho-Gath
Veigar
Jax

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 03:21:17 PM

Haven't been playing anything but bot matches recently, so they're probably gimp in real play, but the five I generally click best with are:

Kennen
Amumu
Veigar
Moakai
Vladimir

If we need ranged AD (and for some reason that seems to be the case a lot in bot games) I'll generally grab Twitch or Sivir (who I'm not very good at) or Tristana (who I'm REALLY not good at).
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 03:23:05 PM

I've done well enough with Janna, but...I just find her to be boring. Granted, both games I was stuck babysitting an Ashe... Ohhhhh, I see.

I want to get better with Vayne. Unfortunately I have a terrible tendency to not fire her E or R, thinking I might need them later or something. I want to be good with MF, but...I just can't seem to do it. Even with items she feels a bit weak.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 03:53:34 PM

Udyr
Renekton
Olaf
Blitzcrank
Ryze
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 06:49:34 PM

I think Slayer knows who I'm gonna say here.

Cho'Gath
Galio

Nasus
Tryndamere
Floating hero spot I like to dick around with, currently Trundle.

Also, I have a strange disability where I can't play AP carrys worth shit. I dunno why, I just really, really, suck at them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 06:53:30 PM by Ashamanchill »

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 07:32:55 AM

I hear you on the AP carry thing. I'm horrible with AP champs as well. Gragas is the only champ I build AP besides supports that I'm decent with. And really, I play him as an off-tank/space control/initiator. Use his ultimate to put an enemy out of position so the rest of my team can butt rape him. Use my barrels to deny areas/make them risky to past, and use my belly slam to juke around the map.

Any other AP champs just seems to pop if anything glances at it, no matter how I build them.

On a different note, post-nerf Eve can get people to do really really stupid things I'm noticing lately. Due to how paper she is, and because people know she is nerfed now, they will dive and take all sorts of stupid risks trying to kill her and get that "easy kill"

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 09:56:01 PM

Objectively speaking based on ranked win percentage Cass and Ali are my best, but Ali has been nerfed a bunch since I got my wins with him, so I'd say Cass is clearly my #1 by a large margin.

HISS!

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 03, 2011, 01:23:40 AM

I was gonna say that Cass being your best gave away your skill level as being far higher than mine, but then I saw your profile and that confirmed it.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 07:49:46 PM

Objectively speaking based on ranked win percentage Cass and Ali are my best, but Ali has been nerfed a bunch since I got my wins with him, so I'd say Cass is clearly my #1 by a large margin.

HISS!

Ali still seems pretty awesome to me. Or did he just go from unstoppable to manageable.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 08:24:33 PM

HISS!

Ali still seems pretty awesome to me. Or did he just go from unstoppable to manageable.

They nerfed him hard to be pretty meh, then they buffed him again from what I gather. He is pretty much the best of the healing champs now since he did not get a nerf when they all did, especially since he is very tanky.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 11:03:30 PM

I can't stick to the same heroes or I get bored.  However, it feels like every time I play Annie the enemy team surrenders in 20.
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 09:42:23 AM

Having played about a thousand matches now... (really?), my current top five are:

Annie
Mostly because of her insane earlygame, and stunning that Trynd or Master Yi (and then nuking them out of the battle) is always sooo rewarding.

Kog'Maw
Get Madreds, Malady and Wit's End item and see those bruisers melt while stuck in your puddle. Only backside is that your team really needs to protect you, which doesn't really happen that often in Solo Q.

Warwick
Built as a on-hit bruiser (Madreds/Wit's End) and Spirit Visage as core, with a big heal on-demand. Also throw in Sunfire for some sustained damage and Guardian Angel to pop up again and heal up to 50% hp in an instant is quite satisfying. Really hurts bruiser teams, as he is very hard to burst down, prone to kiting though.

Caitlyn
Traps, traps! Yes they do wonders in lane and teamfights, so much fun to just hammer bullets in your foes forehead while they are stuck in a trap. Also has a semi-decent escape and very strong Ultimate (Ashes is better, but I don't like the rest of her kit as much). By far the strongest pure-AD carry imho.

Cho'Gath
Disrupts like a baws, feasts on your carry and is very strong both in the jungle, mid or solo-lane. Allows your teammates to hide under you. Get some tanky items and throw on a Wit's End and you can almost carry your team as a tank. Incredible amounts of sustained damage.

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 09:58:33 AM

Gangplank - only AD I am good with. I can jungle and gank like a boss!
Cho'Gath -  silence and nom-nom FTW .First time champ I started playing well with (as I started using smartcast)
Annie - have you seen.... Well you dont want see it!
Cait - ranged AD  which works for me.  I tried make trist or ashe work but no - only cait does it for me
Garen - first champ in lol I could actually play without feeding. He is kinda weak  but in normal can pressure lanes  into submission still
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 10:14:58 AM

Oh and some Honorable Mentions:

Jax
Just let me farm; I'll eat you alive lategame! Jax scales so insanely well with items.

Gangplank
Swab the poopdeck. Everyones favorite pirate, I even used to dominate quite hard at times before his buff; now he's just a monster, both in the jungle and in lane. Atmogs, Trinity, Infinity Edge and a Lantern/Bloodthirster = one mean lean pirate killing machine.

Nunu
Awkward to play, but nothing beats a brush+ult combo; melts their carries health. Tapers off lategame, but really rewards high-risk counter-jungling and going for an early win.

Akali
By far my favorite assassin, her damage output is, at times, quite surreal.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 10:30:10 AM

I think I can only field two I'd consider "top" right now for me.

Cait - love the early game harass. Her range is great.  Need to get better at the early last hitting.  Love her ult, especially when you see a fight in another lane and come to finish off the runner.

Annie -  She's mean.  I need to play her more often, but lately I've been just filling holes in team comp.  And when needing a ranged carry, I've been practicing with Cait. Seems to be a particular favorite for smurfs.

Almost there:

Cho'gath - Sometimes I'm good with him, sometimes I'm really bad.

I've only got about 25-30 games under my belt, I think.  Is there anyway to see your overall win/loss (especially with champs).  Summoner page just seems to show wins.  Or is that for ranked only?

-Rasix
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 11:23:37 AM

Nasus
Renekton
Rammus
Morgana
Zealan
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 11:28:27 AM

Kog'Maw
Nasus
Sion
Teemo
Xin Zhao

I only have 70 odd games under my belt so far, so the list is bound to change.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 12:04:50 PM

Yeah, with only about 60ish games under my belt, I'm just getting an idea of what I like. Not that I'm necessarily any good with any of them.

Yi
Katarina
Ryze
Ashe
Janna

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 12:26:24 PM

To follow up on an earlier post, I think Ali is basically garbage now. He's ok as a support who doesn't take minion kills in that he has decent CC and can be very tanky for short bursts but feeding him CS is almost completely pointless now.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 12:30:55 PM

Yeah, the rise and fall of AP Alistar was quick.

It was fantastic while it lasted; his combo did so much damage and his ulti allowed him to initiate on a squishy target and often survive the ensuing train of ults flying his way.

I personally still rate him pretty high as a support, but it's good to have a second "mini"-support with him such as Orianna, Lux or Morgana.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 12:55:49 PM

So I kinda have a top 2 list, one for SR and one for Dominion:

SR:
Morgana
Taric

Dominion:
Rammus
Xin Zhao

I can do OK with Morg on Dominion, but she is somewhat weak compared to the roller ball of doom and the king of button mash. I have not played much Rammus or Zin in SR, probably would not do as well there as the whole last hitting thing with melee champs is still not there for me.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 01:05:16 PM

Xin actually wrecks my shit when I play SR.  On dominion I just ignore him and grab other towers, he doesn't seem to be mobile enough to keep up outside of champ fights.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 02:49:08 PM

SR:
Amumu
Annie
Yorick
Rammus
Blitzcrank

TT:
Jax
Singed
Malphite
Garen
Annie

Dom:
Singed
Rammus
Nocturne
Yorick
Teemo
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Your Top 5  
Jump to: