Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:49:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Guard 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Guard  (Read 1306 times)
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

on: August 23, 2011, 04:34:10 AM

Saw this at a local theater that only plays independent films this weekend, and it was pretty fucking awesome.  I'm usually one to stray away from "but it won award at <insert film festival here>!" movies, but this one delivered.

Go see it if you've got the chance, it was just pretty  awesome, for real throughout.

The Guard is a comedic fish-out-of-water tale of murder, blackmail, drug trafficking and rural police corruption. Two policemen must join forces to take on an international drug- smuggling gang - one, an unorthodox Irish policeman and the other, a straitlaced FBI agent. Sergeant Gerry Boyle (Brendan Gleason) is an eccentric small-town cop with a confrontational and crass personality and a subversive sense of humor. A longtime policeman in County Galway, Boyle is a maverick with his own moral code. He has seen enough of the world to know there isn't much to it and has had plenty of time to think about it. When a fellow police officer disappears and Boyle's small town becomes key to a large drug trafficking investigation, he is forced to at least feign interest when dealing with the humorless FBI agent Wendell Everett (Don Cheadle) assigned to the case. -- (C) Sony Pictures
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 07:38:22 AM

OMG Nerf is alive!   awesome, for real
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 03:09:09 AM

This is from the people behind In Bruges.

Just saw a review on the local TV movie show. Both reviewers gave it 4/5. I'll see this.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 04:30:25 PM

This is from the people behind In Bruges.

Just saw a review on the local TV movie show. Both reviewers gave it 4/5. I'll see this.

Not a single mention of alcoves anywhere, bastards.  I haven't seen In Bruges in awhile, but I don't seem to remember liking it as much as this.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 12:06:19 PM

I didn't like the Guard nearly as much as I expected to.

The Guard is the biggest Independent Irish film of all time
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:13:40 PM by Arthur_Parker »
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 12:37:01 PM

Just saw it today. We just decided to see it on a whim and it was hilarious.

Definitely recommend it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Guard  
Jump to: