Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:53:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: The babiest of steps 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The babiest of steps  (Read 12259 times)
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 01:32:15 PM

Amarr does big time armor tank, but they hardly use missiles. Caldari are the missile-y ships, but they are mostly shield tank I believe.
What do Amarr use? (Can't see Eve wikis here at work). I might work on shield tanking, I suppose. I've pretty much hit the limits on non-capital ships in armor tanking, hybrid turrets, and drones. Once I finish up the ORE 4/5 I want for my salvager, I can either go back to Gallente Drone Specialization 5 (my basic "fuck if I know what I want to train") or pick a new goal. Maybe some more missile skills, if I want to do stealth bombers. That's just torpedos, right?
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 02:03:18 PM

Amarr uses lasers and armour. E-war is tracking disruption.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 02:08:31 PM

Amarr uses lasers and armour. E-war is tracking disruption.
I've got basic e-war stuff -- plenty for a tackling frigate. My scanning/probing stuff is up to snuff as well, just rusty from disuse. If nothing else, when I get out there I can play with planets and learn to probe for those...plexes?

And volunteer to play scout. I love my Helios. Probably more than is healthy. The idea of something invisible that can fire fuck-you torpedoes is even better, though.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 17, 2011, 04:01:35 PM

Cloaking is finicky in eve, it doesn't make you the invisible assassin that a WoW rogue is, for instance.  A lone stealth bomber is essentially just a nuisance to anything cruiser sized or up, and while you can bomb smaller ships to death, you'll probably spend more on bombs than they spent on the ship you blew up.  Stealth bombers shine in organized packs that saturate an area in coordinated bomb strikes.  Most big alliances have such bomber fleets, of course, so if that's what floats your boat you shouldn't have a hard time finding a crew to fly with.  Just don't expect to be the solo knife in the back.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 05:07:36 PM

Yeah, I know that much. :) I enjoyed solo scouting for frig gangs in a cov-ops -- of course the "Warp in and dance around while they try to get close enough to decloak you" dance was...exciting.

And nerve wracking. :)
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 17, 2011, 07:47:20 PM

Well, 4 PI's setup. One that will need a bit more work later to go another stage in production.

The one command center per planet is weird -- can you move it? Does distance from the command center affect things? Or do you  just blow it up and buy another one when you want to move to other spawns?

Also fitted out my Noctis. :) Do salvage rigs actually do any good?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:49:15 PM by Morat20 »
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 17, 2011, 08:00:38 PM

Command centers are stuck where you placed them short of blowing them up and setting down a new one.  You don't need to actually have them connected to the rest of your stuff on the planet, though, so no, their position won't ruin anything.  The only thing is that when you first view a planet it always moves to the location of your command center so if all of your stuff is on the other side of the planet from it, it's somewhat of a hassle.

Salvage rigs are good if your salvaging skill is low.  Some wrecks have a minimum salvage skill requirement, like some Sleeper ships needing salvaging V, and salvage rigs can let you salvage ships that would otherwise be off-limits.  But if you have salvage V, they stop being of much use.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 18, 2011, 08:06:47 PM

Hey, I wanna run my Mission Domi (drone) fit past everyone to make sure I'm not being idiotic:

Highs:
3xDual 250mm Scout guns (Tungsten/Antimatter rounds). I only use them to annoy things.
1xHeavy Ghoul Siphon
2xDrone Link Augmenter 1

Meds:
3xCap Recharger II
1xLif Afterburner
1xOmni Tracking Link. (Need a sensor booster, really. I can only lock on at 87k)

Lows:
2xEnergized Adaptive Membrane IIs
1xDamage Control II
1xLarge Armor Rep II
3xN-type Mission Specific Hardener.

Rigs:
1xDrone Range Augmentor
1xDrone Speed Augmentor
1xCap Control Circuit.

Active tanking setup, obviously...but I burn out in like 3.5 minutes and the rats in oner of my missions (Smash the something -- Amarr navy) blew through my tank like it was paper.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: The babiest of steps  
Jump to: