Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:46:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Interesting theory behind the Kennedy assassination 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting theory behind the Kennedy assassination  (Read 4654 times)
ghost
The Dentist

on: August 08, 2011, 09:09:22 AM

Preamble-  let's try to keep this out of the politics board.   awesome, for real

Jackie O apparently believed that Lyndon Johnson was involved.

Her theory was that Johnson and a "cabal" of Texas businessmen planned the assassination.  It's an interesting theory, and probably one that would be hard to prove or disprove at this point.  The details have already been over with a fine tooth comb about a million times.  The thing that keeps me wondering, however, isn't really the evidence (which isn't decisive one way or another, in my opinion) but the location of the book repository. 

We visited the repository when the wife lived in Dallas, and I doubt there is a better place to kill someone with a rifle like that in the country.  You have an almost unfettered view of the street for an extended period of time, with a little jog in it to slow down cars.  A good shooter would have a field day. 
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 10:48:11 AM

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 01:02:23 PM

Surely you aren't suggesting that Jackie O is a bit off?   Ohhhhh, I see.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 01:09:59 PM

one that would be hard to prove or disprove at this point. 

My theory is that a Yeti sex cult trained in the art of shaolin death touch was trying to warn JFK away from the grassy knoll which had a mystic portal to the Leprechaun Shamrock Shake Apothecary where enslaved chupacabra monks were forced to labor endlessly to produce that sweet, sweet potion, and through meditation used the cosmic energies of Earth's rotation to send a molten shard of dark matter through JFK before his motorcade could penetrate the outer penumbra of the portal.

Hard to prove or disprove at this point.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 01:19:51 PM

I want to believe!

"Me am play gods"
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 01:21:44 PM

one that would be hard to prove or disprove at this point. 

My theory is that a Yeti sex cult trained in the art of shaolin death touch was trying to warn JFK away from the grassy knoll which had a mystic portal to the Leprechaun Shamrock Shake Apothecary where enslaved chupacabra monks were forced to labor endlessly to produce that sweet, sweet potion, and through meditation used the cosmic energies of Earth's rotation to send a molten shard of dark matter through JFK before his motorcade could penetrate the outer penumbra of the portal.

Hard to prove or disprove at this point.

If you were Jackie O that might be interesting. 
hurricane
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 08:44:09 PM

I don't think Johnson enjoyed being president, so I can't believe he was eager to kill Kennedy to get the job. It is amazing that people are still talking about this.
The image that stays with me is Jackie trying to climb out of the car. Her first instinct was not to see if her husband was alright - it was self-preservation. Interesting comment on her character.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 09:30:19 PM

I don't think Johnson enjoyed being president, so I can't believe he was eager to kill Kennedy to get the job. It is amazing that people are still talking about this.
The image that stays with me is Jackie trying to climb out of the car. Her first instinct was not to see if her husband was alright - it was self-preservation. Interesting comment on her character.
You know, I've seen that bit of film maybe a hundred times, and just looked at it again, and I've come to the conclusion you're an asshole.  She was very concerned for him and trying to help when he was shot through the throat.  When his head exploded, she freaked out, but it's still more likely than not that she was trying to pull in the Secret Service agent that was climbing up the back of the car.  The safest thing for her to do in a rapidly accelerating car was what the agent told her to do and she complied with towards the end of the clip: Get down in the back seat with the badly mutilated body of her husband.

Ever had to wash blood and brains out of your hair?  I have.  It's a particularly surreal thing to watch someone's head explode from a bullet, I suspect having it be your spouse would make it even worse.  So, you think she should have tried to pick up the bits and cram them back in the holes?  Would that improve your opinion of her character?

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 03:40:12 PM

I always thought she was reaching back to try and grab the piece of his skull on the back of the car.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 07:28:31 PM

I once saw a man getting eaten by a shark.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 08:45:13 PM

That was quite the first post, unless its another of DV's sock puppets!
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 04:49:37 AM

Don't worry, he's probably going to follow it up with spam for car cleaning products.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 01:35:48 PM

I'm pretty sure that was Ironwood.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 02:04:18 PM

You can find Ironwood hiding elsewhere.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Talpidae
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 01:09:10 AM

I'm pretty sure I've never written something so brutally offensive.

"LOOK HOW CLEVER ARE MY BALLS!" - Steven Moffat.
hurricane
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 01:48:47 PM

You know, I've seen that bit of film maybe a hundred times, and just looked at it again, and I've come to the conclusion you're an asshole.  She was very concerned for him and trying to help when he was shot through the throat.  When his head exploded, she freaked out, but it's still more likely than not that she was trying to pull in the Secret Service agent that was climbing up the back of the car.  The safest thing for her to do in a rapidly accelerating car was what the agent told her to do and she complied with towards the end of the clip: Get down in the back seat with the badly mutilated body of her husband.

Ever had to wash blood and brains out of your hair?  I have.  It's a particularly surreal thing to watch someone's head explode from a bullet, I suspect having it be your spouse would make it even worse.  So, you think she should have tried to pick up the bits and cram them back in the holes?  Would that improve your opinion of her character?

--Dave
When I first read your post, I was inclined not to respond. I have no respect for people who have such a small vocabulary that they have to use profanity to express themselves. Attacking the person rather than the opinion is rude and poor forum etiquette. However, I realize that my post could be interpreted as being uncaring. So I would like to clarify, I think that I would have done the same thing. Jackie was panicking and most people would act on instinct and try to get as far away from the danger as possible. I don't believe she was trying to pull the secret service agent into the car. I think she sat back down because he told her to, since it was safer for her in the car.
However, if you knew anything about the Kennedys, you would know that at this point, there was no love between them. JFK was sleeping with everything in a skirt, and Jackie was dutifully performing her duties as First Lady. If you want to believe in conspiracies, Jackie had just as much motive as anyone (but I don't believe she would.)
I admire Jackie for many reasons. I think she was the classiest First Lady we have ever had and always behaved with dignity. I also feel sorry for her that she was unlucky in love and that she died prematurely.
Yes, I have had to wash blood out of my hair, but it was my own.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 02:48:43 PM

Um.

Ok.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 05:25:06 PM

I told you it was Ironwood.   awesome, for real
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 06:00:40 PM

I'd like to take this opportunity to say 'Fucking cockjob'

Thank you.
Arrrgh
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 09:23:41 PM

a "cabal" of Texas businessmen planned the assassination

Bush's ancestor's fault.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 12:30:16 PM

Any theory that doesn't involve the evil dinosaurs is amazingly naive.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 12:17:27 PM

Its all the fault of Lungfish. Heartbreak

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Interesting theory behind the Kennedy assassination  
Jump to: