Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:59:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Betty Ford passes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Betty Ford passes  (Read 1136 times)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

on: July 08, 2011, 06:13:55 PM

I am definitely showing my age here, but I remember my "Aunt Eva" (not actually related, but super close family friend) had breast cancer when I was little. At the time it was something shameful. It was a sexual issue. It was dirty. Nothing polite people talked about.

A few years later Betty Ford changed that completely. The effect she had on women's health cannot be underestimated. I have been very lucky to be blessed with health, but my mother, and two of my very close friends are survivors of breast cancer.

If you have a friend or mother or sister or wife who has had breast cancer and survived, they probably owe their lives to this woman for the simple act of courage of not hiding that she had it.

RIP Betty Ford, dead at 93.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 03:36:42 PM

Also her clinic helps addicts from everywhere. She lived a good long life for a recovering cancer patient and alcoholic.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 03:49:03 PM

I venture to say she did more than her husband did...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Betty Ford passes  
Jump to: