Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:13:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Bye Bye Dimroot 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bye Bye Dimroot  (Read 27035 times)
Phred
Terracotta Army

on: June 25, 2011, 08:14:21 AM

I just got a message when I logged in that Dimroot is soon to be marked as a trial player server and that I should transfer off as soon as possible. Where should we go? :)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 09:11:51 AM

I like Sunrest (guardian, right?) but it is a pvp server.  It's also an rp server, although plenty don't rp.  We have gotten a couple of largish guilds who have transferred already.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 09:40:22 AM

Sonofawtf

Soo...Sunrest and put up with open pvp or Faeblight and put up with queues? Or Carrion and petition Drae to get me into FOH?  why so serious?

Also open to what Nebu's guild is up to. This is probably the death of BC in Rift.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 09:45:14 AM by Sky »
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 09:56:29 AM

Yep, probably. Ohh well.  I think we can blame Hartsman this time for the death of BC.

I might just move the guild to Faeblight and let people hop off from there.  Your call, people. Let your voice be heard so I can ignore it at my leisure.  why so serious?

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 01:13:09 PM

Instead of Faeblight, we could also do Shadefallen (the other pve-rp server).

Phred suggested seeing where Nerf's guild goes.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 01:16:57 PM

I'm liking Sunrest - although I moved with a R4 50 and haven't tried levelling an alt so the PvP aspect has been all upside, we'll see if that changes.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Rasix

Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 01:17:17 PM

Instead of Faeblight, we could also do Shadefallen (the other pve-rp server).

Phred suggested seeing where Nerf's guild goes.

Yep, I'll try to get ahold of him.  I'm not sure I can move the guild.

Character transfers are unlimited, so, not a big deal if we pick wrong at first :)

edit: Looks like 01101010 is the guild leader.  Schild is next in line.  Neither has been on in more than 2 months. We may be hosed.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:26:14 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 03:45:55 PM

I'm totally down with going to Faeblight. I care not about queues, and I prefer RP servers anyway.  why so serious?

I have some Defiants there already, though. Hmmmm.

God Save the Horn Players
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 04:12:49 PM

We were talking ingame about Shadefallen or Nerf's server.

I hate this crap. Bummed because I just started and didn't have all my characters rolled yet, and now I can't roll a new one on Dimroot until we decide. Blah.

I rolled a mage on Faeblight for now.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 05:02:19 PM

Transfers to Faeblight closed on Friday. Apparently once there start to be queues to login, they close the server as a destination.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 25, 2011, 06:08:30 PM

I'm liking Sunrest - although I moved with a R4 50 and haven't tried levelling an alt so the PvP aspect has been all upside, we'll see if that changes.

Honestly, it wasn't bad.  On my rogue, I was everybody's bitch leveling up (and was leveling when everyone else was too).  On my mage, I never lost vs anyone within a few levels.  Mostly I ignore everyone, and I never attack first (with the exception of known gank guilds). It seems to me that the majority of people don't pvp while leveling. 

Ganking while leveling really was minimal; on occasion some jackass goes to Gloamwood to pick on the newbies.  There's plenty of people who love nothing more than to take care of problems like that, and in fact, there's a channel specifically for that (opvp).

Pvping occurs after a boss goes down at high levels; not so much until you get to Stillmoor/Shimmersand.  Before that, it's about half/half.

But if you really really can't stand any pvp in the world, it's not for you.  There's plenty of it at 50.  Just before that, not so much. 
Rasix

Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 07:53:04 PM

The drama thread over this on the official forums is hilarious.  Granted Trion did this whole "your server is going to be gold spammer prison, so please transfer off" about as gracefuly as an elephant on ice skates, but the crybabies are going a bit overboard.

-Rasix
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 02:28:52 AM

We moved over to Threesprings, it seems pretty damned active so far.  Bustling AH, plenty of folks online, LFG queue's pre-50 actually happen.  Haven't tried the LFG with Nerf yet, but a few guildies have and got popped in pretty quickly.

Not much of a raiding presence either - the transfer reset our instance locks so we ran the 10man again tonight and got server firsts for most of the loot and the kill for the final boss.  GS has yet to be killed, and I think ROS is at either focii/warmaster, but definitely not at plutonus if GS hasn't been downed yet.

ETA:  It's already showing as High population, so you may want to transfer sooner rather than later, I don't know how much longer it'll be a destination shard.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 02:38:51 AM by Nerf »
Rasix

Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 08:48:43 AM

I opened a request for a transfer of guild leadership.  They came back and said I needed to be an officer.  The character that requested is higher rank than officer.  Facepalm

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 09:22:22 AM

I opened a request for a transfer of guild leadership.  They came back and said I needed to be an officer.  The character that requested is higher rank than officer.  Facepalm

Oddly enough I still have time left. I promoted your Rasix characer to leader.

FIX'D

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rasix

Reply #15 on: June 26, 2011, 09:26:07 AM

Awesome. Thank you.

Ok folks, Shadefallen or Threesprings?  I know some folks wanted to see what Nerf or Nebu did, and we've got one answer here that may not be available for long.  If you have a strong opinion, make it known now.  I'll probably move us by end of day. 

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 26, 2011, 09:36:05 AM

Either way works for me. I prefer rp servers, but it's also nice to have connections to a raid guild (if they allow scrubs to attend once in a while).
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 26, 2011, 12:40:03 PM

I vote threesprings too
Rasix

Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 01:46:15 PM

It's done.  We're on Threesprings.  Dimroot was to the point where there was 1 2-handed weapon on the AH.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 02:35:11 PM

Only Lyrr qualified for a transfer  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I tried to qualify my level 8 cleric, grabbing level 10 was only a few minutes...but level 10 is still too low. So I'll just reroll the rest, I guess.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 03:47:13 PM

5 min after logging in I had a random dungeon group. wonderful. :)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 09:34:35 PM

THREESPRINGS IS UNACCEPTABLE

SOME FUCKER HAS THE NAME SJOFN

Rasix

Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 10:00:05 PM

Rofl Waffle

-Rasix
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 27, 2011, 05:36:12 AM

CAN'T KEEP UP WITH YOUR GUILD TRY W,W,W,B,L,A,H,B,L,A,H,G,O,L,D*C O M 100Gold for 9,99.   

One of them has your name dude
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #24 on: June 27, 2011, 06:39:20 AM

Ok, characters transferred.

Vashon - Cleric
Reborne - Mage

Could I bug someone to re-promote me?
I was a Legate previously.

Also, while I was on I was asked if we could spend the passive perk points, the request was for Lucky Penny and Journeyman.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Rasix

Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 07:31:02 AM

Sounds good.  I'll promote you next time I'm on. 

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 08:27:42 AM

Looks like everyone got busted down in rank to Recruit. SIR, YES SIR!
Rasix

Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 08:38:30 AM

Looks like everyone got busted down in rank to Recruit. SIR, YES SIR!

I think I promoted you unless it decided you were unworthy and re-busted you.

-Rasix
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 12:00:21 PM

CAN'T KEEP UP WITH YOUR GUILD TRY W,W,W,B,L,A,H,B,L,A,H,G,O,L,D*C O M 100Gold for 9,99.   

One of them has your name dude

Nonsense! Sjofn is an actual name!

SEE?!

Bleh, you're probably right.  Heartbreak

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 12:15:39 PM

Ok I am totally loving the new server today. This morning I ran 6 instance groups in a row. The group was so good we basically stayed together and ran it 6 times with only a couple dropping along the way. I pretty well replaced all the gear on my war with instance loot and I love the chest reward every run. A guaranteed blue per run is nice even if it's not guaranteed to be anything you will use. Got 2 server firsts on items so it looks like the added a lot of new prefixes and suffixes to random blue items.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 12:30:41 PM

Dunno. It's packed so soloing and harvesting is a pita at times. I'll give it a shot once I get a couple more levels and can get into the guardian equiv of Iron Tomb. Looking forward to playing dps in an instance for a change.
Mook
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 11:29:40 PM

Dunno. It's packed so soloing and harvesting is a pita at times. I'll give it a shot once I get a couple more levels and can get into the guardian equiv of Iron Tomb. Looking forward to playing dps in an instance for a change.

To play DPS in an instance you'd have to first sit though the queue for an instance as DPS. I think those are the same anywhere.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 08:13:40 AM

I got tired of competition for solo questing and rolled a character on Shadefallen  awesome, for real

I can see how it's great for getting groups for instances, but doubling or quadrupling the time it takes to solo quest because I'm running around looking for objectives is just tiresome. Still plenty of open raids when there is a zone invasion, last night there were two that were both driven off and I was able to participate in both.

Not sure I'll stay there, but the really crowded lowbie areas were just getting to be unenjoyable for me. I figure I can always move a character or two later.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 08:59:13 AM

You can't just join people's groups as they engage your quest mobs?
Rasix

Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 09:03:35 AM

That's what I did last night.  Someone was going to kill the beast in Gloamwood, joined their group for the kill, got credit and merrily went on my way.

I haven't had any problems finishing quests in Gloamwood at all.  The quests that are a pain in the ass due to low spawn of whatever, were still a problem on sleep ass Dimroot.

BTW, we have a bank tab now.  I don't think we'll be getting a second one (300 plat for that). Beggared my poor rogue in the process, but I'm fooling around with the cleric for now.

-Rasix
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Bye Bye Dimroot  
Jump to: