Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:03:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Clarence Clemons passes... play on sax man 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clarence Clemons passes... play on sax man  (Read 2357 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

on: June 18, 2011, 08:06:10 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/18/clarence.clemons.obit/index.html

Sorta grew up with this guy ever since my mom played a bit of Springsteen while I was growing up... then seeing him on Mtv when they actually showed videos circa 1980s. 

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 12:17:22 PM

Rest in Peace "The Big Man", in was incredible to hear and see, great memories of growing up listening to him.

Wow, last song he played on was The Edge of Glory, but you hear one note from his tenor sax and know it was Clarence You're a Friend of Mine, from Aretha to Lady , from Bruce to Ringo, he will be missed.  Quater to Three
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 07:58:11 AM

...but you hear one note from his tenor sax and know it was Clarence You're a Friend of Mine.

Thanks for that.  Having seen Clarence live with Bruce many times, I will miss his live performances. 

You'll be missed.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Clarence Clemons passes... play on sax man  
Jump to: