Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: 1.3 Scavenger Hunted Notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.3 Scavenger Hunted Notes  (Read 59802 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: June 11, 2011, 06:31:04 AM

Far be it that Trion could just post the notes in one place, they've posted all class changes in each class' forum.

Cleric
Mage
Rogue
Warrior
PvP

TL;DR - Justicars, Chloromancers and Dominators are getting respecs due to mass changes, almost everyone else is getting tweaked in one or two ways (mostly bugs fixes).
Valor revamped to be a little more useful.
Nothing yet on world, dungeon, crafting, or misc stuff.

Oh, and NO ADDONS IN 1.3  Cry

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 06:55:48 AM

Warriors taking it up the ass hard, healers are going to be even harder to kill in pvp.  First failure by Trion.

I am the .00000001428%
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 07:35:30 AM

You know what would be refreshing?  If devs actually stated 'reasons' as to why they balance classes the way they do.  Or better yet, explain to us how to adapt to these changes.  Maybe explain why these Warrior changes need to happen? 

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:38:42 AM

Their reasons for the warrior changes are solid, they just did not think through the repercussions at all.

I am the .00000001428%
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 01:09:45 PM

The warrior changes are idiotic. SLI is a terrible ability. It's too powerful for a single ability period. Too powerful at 2 points, too powerful at 38 points. Too powerful at 51 points. The answer is to remove it entirely and adjust all the variants up by 30 or 40 percent average damage. Moving it up just changes the cookie cutter from champ + cat to para + cat and pisses off anyone who has a good two hander.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 01:22:12 PM

Not to mention the rogues that are going to be competing with us for weapons now.  Rogues who were already out dpsing us and can fill one more role than we do.

I am the .00000001428%
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 01:45:22 PM

The warrior changes are idiotic. SLI is a terrible ability. It's too powerful for a single ability period. Too powerful at 2 points, too powerful at 38 points. Too powerful at 51 points. The answer is to remove it entirely and adjust all the variants up by 30 or 40 percent average damage. Moving it up just changes the cookie cutter from champ + cat to para + cat and pisses off anyone who has a good two hander.

Apparently Trion heard you:

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 02:31:00 PM

Warriors better back up from my 1h weps.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 03:16:47 PM

Warriors better back up from my 1h weps.

I'm willing to let them have access to 1hd weapons if they'd back off my Leather gear  Ohhhhh, I see.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 03:20:47 PM

... and they completely ruined chloromancer.  They also made clerics even more of the pvp god.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 05:03:48 PM

Warriors taking it up the ass hard, healers are going to be even harder to kill in pvp.  First failure by Trion.

Valor on clerics was already a large advantage for them in the 50 bracket now every level warfront there is base valor so instantly clerics are given another advantage starting at Warfronts at level 10.  To top it off valor now reduces critical hit damage bonus...grats clerics!!   Am I missing something here?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 06:06:12 PM

No, you aren't.  Clerics with pvp gear are currently gods in battlegrounds, i was just in a Codex were one guy went to codex at the start while the rest of his team grabbed the other nodes.  The guy just bunny hopped around and about 6 of us could not get him down.

I am the .00000001428%
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 07:43:12 AM

Awesome.  Kandystriper the 20 cleric will be getting more time leveling in the warfronts.

What will my mage do?  No more lock/chloro, I guess.  Pyro or storm?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 12, 2011, 10:34:44 AM

What will my mage do?  No more lock/chloro, I guess.  Pyro or storm?

Storm and Pyro both getting nerfed and necro/lock getting fixed.  Looks like they want us to play archon, dom, or chloro in the WF.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 12, 2011, 11:03:27 AM

Storm and Pyro both getting nerfed and necro/lock getting fixed.  Looks like they want us to play archon, dom, or chloro in the WF.
Gotta admit they do bring unique abilities to the table.  I'd rather see smart mages CCing, debuffing and supporting than 10,000 Pyro maniacs.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 11:16:12 AM

Gotta admit they do bring unique abilities to the table.  I'd rather see smart mages CCing, debuffing and supporting than 10,000 Pyro maniacs.

I play necro/lock in the WF's and my 500 dps build usually comes in the top 3 for damage.  Proof that you do more total dps by not being an obvious target.  I hate all of the cookie cutter builds in pvp. 

-  Mark Twain
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 07:21:48 AM

I play warlock/chloro/archmage in the warfronts, because I like being able to silence, snare and fear when I need to.  Damage-wise, I end up in the top third, healing in the top fourth or fifth, favor at the top.  I think I'm more useful than I would be as pyro or storm, even though my damage would be higher.

I wonder if it will still be a useful build after 1.3.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 07:43:49 AM

I play necro/lock in the WF's and my 500 dps build usually comes in the top 3 for damage.  Proof that you do more total dps by not being an obvious target.  I hate all of the cookie cutter builds in pvp. 

Well doing a lot of damage and topping the charts doesn't mean you're actually doing anything.

I mean if you're doing mostly DOT damage that gets healed by random AOE heals that would otherwise be overheals, you're just helping someone else pad their heal charts.

I'm also making a ton of assumptions on how you play the necro/lock too.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 13, 2011, 08:03:19 AM

Well doing a lot of damage and topping the charts doesn't mean you're actually doing anything.

I mean if you're doing mostly DOT damage that gets healed by random AOE heals that would otherwise be overheals, you're just helping someone else pad their heal charts.

I'm also making a ton of assumptions on how you play the necro/lock too.

To be honest, I mostly search the back lines for clerics/bards/chloros and 1) heal debuff them, 2) buff strip them, 3) silence/stun them, and 4) try to nuke them down before the warrior train finds me.  I seldom top the charts in death blows because I'm just trying to create enough of a strain on healers that a true dps class can administer the death blow.  I think that I top the charts in dps because I'm forcing the clerics to heal themselves rather than their supporting cast.  The noobs in the BG are busy killing the tanks/rogues/mages because I'm making life hell for the healers. It seems to work out pretty well if I'm not fighting a high rank premade.  They see me and make sure I'm dead the moment I do anything to their clerics.

-  Mark Twain
devildog
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 13, 2011, 08:10:55 AM

I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions about clerics just yet. First off, it seems the gap between R1 and R6 is going to be narrowed a bit. Secondly, it looks like dominators might have something to add to the mix now in pvp(haven't run mine on the test server, but a couple of changes look promising). Third, it looks like cleric mana regen is taking a hit. Some people are saying that power problems are noticeable now. So maybe after the changes go live clerics will have mana issues and attacking that will be the way to go.

Does anyone here play a R4+ cleric here? Just wondering, because seeing things from a rogue perspective might skew things a bit. I have a r3 mage and a r4 cleric atm, and i wouldn't call it god mode by any means. With eradicate spam, warriors that can come close to globalling, mages that can still 1-2 shot occasionally, and the usual problems you have with pug groups, healing is not the god mode i keep seeing it portrayed as. At least this is not the case for me. Trying to play a spec other than a warden mix in pvp is about as frustrating as it gets. Standing still as a healer is a death sentence. From my perspective it usually seems that if i stand still long enough to throw out a 2-3s cast time spell i have just sent the warrior pain train a cordial invitation to curbstomp me. Warden has been the only spec i've been fairly effective with in pvp. Again, i'm not r6 and totally geared out, and i am sure a lot of these gripes stem from that. For every complaint i hear about god mode clerics, i can assure you i can squeal just as loud about warriors,mages, and rogues kicking my teeth in where there was a big gear gap( my fresh r4 vs. their r6 fully geared character). I think we'll see some things change when the gear gap is closed a bit.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 08:24:12 AM

Did they ever nerf the Sacred Heirloom of Eth? That thing was ridiculous.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 08:35:28 AM

Does anyone here play a R4+ cleric here? Just wondering, because seeing things from a rogue perspective might skew things a bit.

I have an R3 cleric and a R5 mage.  World of difference in survivability between the two.  If a rogue pops out of stealth, my cleric laughs.  Not so much with my mage. 

-  Mark Twain
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 10:55:38 AM

If the rumors I'm hearing are true, I'm surprised that clerics aren't getting nerfed along with warriors and mages this next patch.  But then, I'm also surprised it's taken this long for warrior changes to be effected.  I'm sure clerics will get hit some time, but they are certainly the class to play if one wants max survivability.

World of difference at level 20 between rogue and cleric (or rogue and mage for that matter).  I better get to playing my cleric before there's a flood of them.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 12:20:28 PM

In 1.3 it's being made an epic trinket.  Not sure what that means.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 02:58:17 PM

In 1.3 it's being made an epic trinket.  Not sure what that means.

It was already nerfed so that it very rarely procs off aoe heals and is pretty much worthless for chloros and bards.  They might be up-tuning it a bit from where it is now and changing it to epic to reflect, or just leaving it where it is and making it epic to dilute the loot table of plutonus even more to frustrate tanks trying to get the 1 goddamn t2 tanking weapon in the game that can only drop off of him and his massive loot table of every epic in the dungeon.

All of these changes and how they will affect pvp is one thing, but for all the bitching about x or y in pvp, this FUCKS pve.  Warriors in full t3 gear+relics on the pts are reporting 700-850dps, down from 1.3k+ on live (likely with shittier gear on live).

Chloros are being completely changed so who knows how viable they'll be and how many we'll need in raids, and stormcallers (our ONLY decent raid dps role) is getting nerfed, again.  Not only is the damage going way down, but now you can't even stack static discharges in a group, as a player can only be effected by it once per minute.

While there are a lot of guilds that have greenscale and ROS on 2 hour farms, the VAST majority of guilds are nowhere near that.  On dimroot only 1 guardian killed has ever killed greenscale, we dropped him twice, and then people started ninjaquitting and we just now got back to the point where we're on him again, and he'll likely die tonight.  Of course, 40-65% of the raid group is made up of the people who dropped him the first 2 times.  No other guardian guild has even killed Johlen yet (2nd GSB boss).  As far as I know, no one but us has gotten past the 2nd boss of GP yet either, and we're the only ones to have killed warmaster/focii in ROS.

Nerfing all of these classes MIGHT bring things 'in line' for the .05%ers that already have full t3/relic gear, but for any other guild that's trying to work on raiding coming out of t2s, even with full t2 gear, these changes leave them fucked.  Proper fucked.

Why the fuck they can't adjust pvp shit separately from pve I don't know, but I'm sick of seeing my pve game ruined so someone can have something else to bitch about in shitty diku pvp.  People are ALWAYS going to bitch about shitty diku pvp, it needs to be completely divorced from pve or you alienate the 90% of people who have no interest in pvp and won't ever bitch on the forums, they'll just unsub and move on when you make everything they've worked hard for worthless.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 03:08:52 PM

Before you get a heart attack, just wait and see what they are working on the PTS.  One of the devs already said they're working on the warriors now.

Most warrior dps was coming from exploits anyway making them peak at 2k dps.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 03:13:56 PM

Before you get a heart attack, just wait and see what they are working on the PTS.  One of the devs already said they're working on the warriors now.

Most warrior dps was coming from exploits anyway making them peak at 2k dps.

Fuck Warriors, nerf Clerics
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 09:35:07 PM

As a Cleric with fairly extensive time on test, and in a one night full raid clear guild (when numbers permit, sometimes we take two nights if we're down to 16-17 for Greenscale/Alsbeth we'll push them to Thursdays)... I hate the 1.3 changes, especially the effect of the mana regen change in raids. Its going to fuck my guild over a bit, considering we have a few too many dpsers and tanks who take excessive damage that they could avoid if they weren't so lazy and our healers (we usually run 6 healers for everything short of Duke and Johlen which we three heal) didn't compensate.

Change will dramatically reduce the ability of Clerics to cover AE heals, especially on fights like Alsbeth or Greenscale where there's so much possibility of common, spike, AE damage retard dps like to make worse. Having seen some of the changes in a raid environment.. I'm not looking forward to it at all as a Cleric healer, especially when I can look over at the Chloros doing it without mana issues at all.

Dps wise, Clerics don't really need a nerf (our scaling isn't as good as the other classes, so we've peaked, generally) and if the other classes hadn't been hit by the nerf bat, some fair, some not, you'd see the melee cleric dps fall behind. Our caster dps needs a lot of work.

In Pvp.. ugh. I'm not r6, or even r3, so from the perspective of a Cleric who's only recently bothered trying to pvp.. I get rolled, all the time. I so much as peak out from behind a wall and I die. Granted, I don't run in a pre-made or anything, but if I don't run a warden (a spec I hate) I die in seconds the moment anyone realizes I'm a healer. If in warden.. it takes a bit longer, but I still die relatively quick, especially to Warriors and Mages. With the changes, from a quick series testing them on test.. I lived longer and was noticeably more resilient, until I mentioned to the guardians they should start taking my mana away. Then I got to spend entire matches just standing around with 0 mana shortly in and people just throwing stuff on me to keep me in combat so I couldn't drink --  and they still complained I was too powerful in pvp, simply because they had to change their specs from pure burst damage to do it (actual responses from a number of mages/warriors/rogues).

Outside of pvp (which, honestly, I don't really care about; pvp in this game should be regarded for what it is: a sideshow to kill time) the patch is a fairly hefty nerf to clerics of the healing variety. The mana regen change is the complete opposite of what was needed for Clerics, especially for the ones in guilds not plowing through content. The ones in guilds still progressing, or trying to, are the ones who are going oom early in fights as is.

Even as a Cleric that has BiS everything (except relic weapon/off hand because we only get Justicar shields and warrior two handers from Greenscale/Alsbeth) I'm often already chewing mana pots as they come off cool down for things like Alsbeth and Greenscale/Hylas, and that's with tablets. Trying to progress through Hammerknell will be a bitch with the change, from what I've seen.

Mages should see Clerics going for cloth because of it, which strikes me as something Trion didn't intend, but it'll be the only way to cope for a Cleric.

As for the Sacred Heirloom of the Eth; its been nerfed twice now, and in 1.3 received a bit of a buff, finally, to proc rates off of single target heals to put it where it was supposed to be, apparently, with 1.2, but wasn't (where it still procced a fair bit for Chloros and aoe Cleric builds like the senticar/inquisica, and not so much for single target healers).
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 02:45:49 AM

New Warrior notes:

Also some talk about Clerics crying that they nerfed mana regen, but Trion is saying they're not budging on going back to the old system, as the stat revamp in 1.3 would make all Cleric spells essentially free.

For Mages, Stormcaller's being looked into, and PVP ONLY Pyromancer changes are incoming.

As for Rogues... Cry

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 10:42:27 AM

Hello Warriors, I want to thank you all for your continued patience as we work to resolve issues with Warrior DPS, and for the great feedback you have been giving us. The changes we submitted up to Test balanced out our DPS numbers across our DPS souls but the changes also reduced all of the souls to a level that was below what we intended. In response to the changes we made, and your feedback we have made several further changes to improve all the Warrior DPS souls and balance them so that you have multiple builds to choose from and do not feel trapped in a single cookie cutter build. So without further ado, I am going to give you all a preview of the changes you should see very soon on Alpha. Please keep up the great feedback and thank you all for your patience.

Champion:

Destroyer’s Bearing - No longer increases the damage of only Attack Point consuming abilities, it now affects all ability attacks.
    Two Handed Specialization - Is now called Weapon Specialization and enhances all attacks, ranged attacks receive half the bonus melee does.

Paragon:

Teaching of the Five Rings - Now enhances all attacks, ranged attacks receive half the bonus melee does.
    Way of the Mountain - The damage increase to follow up attacks has been increased to 30%.
    Way of the Wind - Now deals its damage as Air damage instead of Physical damage.
    Paired Strike - Now deals Air damage instead of Physical damage. The number of follow up attacks that critically hit has increased from 1 to 3.
    Strike Like Iron – The Damage enhancement has been increased to 20/35/50%.
    Deadly Grace - Now deals damage based on how many points have been spent in the Paragon soul tree. The balance is set so that if you take Deadly Grace when it is first available it will give the same bonus that it used to, from there it will go up for every point spent in the Paragon soul.

Beastmaster:

Fight As One - Now increases the chance to get a critical hit by 5/10/15% and melee damage by 15/30/45%. It has also had its duration increased to 30 seconds and its cooldown reduced to 25 seconds.

Riftblade:

Avatar of the Rift - Increased the amount that attack power affects Elemental ability attacks.
    Elemental Touch - Now based on a percentage of Attack Power. This percentage is modified by the number of points spent in the Riftblade soul.
    Enhanced Burst - Now 3 points and increases damage by 10/20/30%.
    Empowered Strikes - New Tier 5 talent that enhances Autoattack damage by a percentage of Attack Power. This percentage is modified by the number of points spent in the Riftblade soul.
    Soul Tree points have been reset due to the addition of a new talent.

Thanks again.

That's... better i guess.  They still don't seem to understand the 24 points in bm vastly out dpses anything else problem warriors have though, going 51 points into any tree is just not viable.

I am the .00000001428%
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 10:43:59 AM

Well, so much for me using the /spoiler tag  Ohhhhh, I see.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 11:52:26 AM

Rogues are perfectly fine except for bards.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 12:21:51 PM

Rogues are perfectly fine except for bards.

For PvE, yes.  Pvp... not so much.

-  Mark Twain
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 05:09:42 AM

Excuse me, what's wrong with rogues in PvP? There's more than one viable spec for rogues based on playstyle and specific Warfront, and some of them are very effective. Am I reading your comment wrong?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 05:42:09 AM

Excuse me, what's wrong with rogues in PvP? There's more than one viable spec for rogues based on playstyle and specific Warfront, and some of them are very effective. Am I reading your comment wrong?

Yes.  Rogues are overpowered in PvP, particularly with regard to stealth.  Rogues can initiate any fight that they choose.  If it's not going well, they can vanish or vanish and attack from stealth again at will.  It's a HORRIBLE pvp mechanic.  I'm not even going to get into how tough bards are to kill at R6 or how unbalanced Sabs and Marksmen are. 

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: 1.3 Scavenger Hunted Notes  
Jump to: