Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:42:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: 1.3 Free Server Transfers For the Foreseeable Future, Possibly Forever 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1.3 Free Server Transfers For the Foreseeable Future, Possibly Forever  (Read 18130 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 09:46:39 AM

Wheee.  Trion continues to make me happy.

I don't use macros.  I don't see what I would use them for as a warlock/chloro, necro/lock/chloro, or a marksman or a bard.  Am I missing something vital?  I can see using them as a warrior when there are so many reactive abilities but I don't have any.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 11:13:03 AM

You could use a macro for chloro/lock (vile spores is the only thing that doesn't have a cooldown) but since it's a healing role you're probably better off doing everything manually.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 11:30:46 AM

You could use a macro for chloro/lock (vile spores is the only thing that doesn't have a cooldown) but since it's a healing role you're probably better off doing everything manually.

This can be problemmatic.  I have made macros for my chloro, but they often drop target when I use target of target to heal.  I also like to use the insta dd/heal durign times when I need a spike heal.  I'm of the belief that chloro/lock is probably best done without a macro.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 11:49:59 AM

Macros are usually great for DPS.

MM is a terrible spec unless you're PVPing, and still you don't really need a macro outside of

#show Rapid Fire Shot
cast Rapid Fire Shot
cast Other Finisher (Hasted/Head) Shot

This way you can save yourself a hotkey.  Unless you PVP of course where you would want to time your heavy shots.

If you play a pet, and want to maximize your dps, you'll need to macro all your attack keys anyway.  Check my post in Soul Question thread for spec ideas/macros.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: June 05, 2011, 08:20:25 AM

This begs the question were all these features set and ready to go other than testing or do they have an incredibly nimble development staff.
Probably a bit of both.  Certainly the latter as those in beta got to see.  The only other team that impresses me as much is ArenaNet.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 08:35:57 AM

I just want a bag mod right now.  It is the biggest thing that bugs me right now.  I searched for at least 20 minutes when I started playing trying to make this better.  I was really dissappointed they haven't figured out how to do this yet.  Arkinventory for WoW had a great solution.  Auto grouping of types of items is great. 

They did put in the auto-sell-junk button, but it still leaves my bags a damn mess with potions, special items from rift fights, runes, craft items, quest items, etc.   I absolutely hate manual inventory Tetris. 
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 06, 2011, 11:52:26 AM

I just want a bag mod right now.  It is the biggest thing that bugs me right now.  I searched for at least 20 minutes when I started playing trying to make this better.  I was really dissappointed they haven't figured out how to do this yet.  Arkinventory for WoW had a great solution.  Auto grouping of types of items is great. 

They did put in the auto-sell-junk button, but it still leaves my bags a damn mess with potions, special items from rift fights, runes, craft items, quest items, etc.   I absolutely hate manual inventory Tetris. 

ONEBAG FTW
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 11:58:08 AM

ONEBAG FTW

I like multiple bags.  I have one for crafting, one for pvp gear, one for tanking gear, one for dps gear, and one for pots/drops/usable items.  It helps me know immediately where to go when I need something. 

Having a one bag OPTION would be lovely, so long as I can keep my multiple bag organization.  I like it in the bank as well for similar reasons.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 06, 2011, 12:29:24 PM

I'd just like easier to identify inventory. There's so much crap in the game, particularly quest widgets (do these go away if you drop the quest?) and all the junk that rifts drop that I always forget to use until I've outleveled it.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: June 06, 2011, 12:47:54 PM

I believe they do go away.  I think.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 12:48:20 PM

ONEBAG FTW

I like multiple bags.  I have one for crafting, one for pvp gear, one for tanking gear, one for dps gear, and one for pots/drops/usable items.  It helps me know immediately where to go when I need something. 

Having a one bag OPTION would be lovely, so long as I can keep my multiple bag organization.  I like it in the bank as well for similar reasons.

That's how Arkinventory worked.  You set up separate bags that automatically put these items in the right groups.  Is it a craft material item?  It goes here.  Is it a soulbound armor item?  It goes there.  Is it an item that isn't soulbound yet?  It goes over there.  They are always in the same spot so you always know where to look when you open your bag.  Hey, there is the potions area and I have mana potions that this rogue doesn't need.  SELL.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #46 on: June 07, 2011, 03:26:38 PM

This can be problemmatic.  I have made macros for my chloro, but they often drop target when I use target of target to heal.  I also like to use the insta dd/heal durign times when I need a spike heal.  I'm of the belief that chloro/lock is probably best done without a macro.

#show nature's touch
suppressmacrofailures
cast nature's touch
cast ruin
cast vile spores
cast radiant spores

#show bloom
suppressmacrofailures
cast @mouseover bloom

#show nature's cleansing
suppressmacrofailures
cast @mouseouver nature's cleansing

Now you don't need to change targets to cleanse/DD heal, you just mouseover that person on the UI and hit your hotkey.  Your entire main healing spam rotation is now on one button, with radiant spores casting if you're moving (and ruin is on CD).

You can also set macros to cast @mark # spell

Works really well on fights like the last boss in the 10man where you have to get your reflect up on the tank and you're trying to manage other shit, mark the tank as 8, make your macro to "cast @mark 8 reflective command" and bam, 1 button that puts the spell on the right target without any switching or fuckery.

Also..it seems like a TON of shit can be reflected, even the crystal on the 2nd boss in AP.  I'm trying to figure out something that would have synergy with a ~23pt dom and see if we can get greenscale or hylas to instagib themselves.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 14, 2011, 01:55:00 PM

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 14, 2011, 02:16:17 PM

Damn, lots of good stuff there.  Though I'm not a fan of adding more artifacts that now require me to have that quantum sight stuff...how 'bout an ability that just lets me track regular artifacts?  swamp poop

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: June 14, 2011, 02:51:23 PM

* High-level players can use the Specific Dungeon tab to queue for low-level dungeons if they want to assist some lower level players through the instance.

What a horrible idea. The last thing I want is to get a dungeon pop and find out we're not actually going to do it, we're just going to follow someone through it.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: June 15, 2011, 07:53:41 AM

* High-level players can use the Specific Dungeon tab to queue for low-level dungeons if they want to assist some lower level players through the instance.

What a horrible idea. The last thing I want is to get a dungeon pop and find out we're not actually going to do it, we're just going to follow someone through it.

I'd rather do that than wait for days without any opportunity at all.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 15, 2011, 10:43:15 AM

They need to just drop the lock out timers on experts. Otherwise, if they plan on keeping the 1.3 system of 10min cooldown on requeing then at least put back in the old drop rates of epics on the bosses before the last boss in an instance and remove their loot from the last bosses table so people may be motivated to stay in shitty instances longer. What a horrible system.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: June 15, 2011, 11:50:00 AM

I'd rather do that than wait for days without any opportunity at all.

They need to bite the bullet and merge servers.

However the player managed to do it, this is already happening. I had a 50 in a low 30s group tanking last week. This was on Faeblight, where queues pop nearly instantly. From the crappy movement, I think it was a two box situation, but it didn't matter. I was the healer and he didn't need to be healed. If we'd made it to a boss, maybe one or two in a boss fight. It was beyond dull. I can't remember what it did to XP. One person left. They requeued and got a replacement. Then another left. And at that point I called it a day and left.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: 1.3 Free Server Transfers For the Foreseeable Future, Possibly Forever  
Jump to: