Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:39:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more dave - day 2 snotling beatings 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: more dave - day 2 snotling beatings  (Read 4078 times)
avaia
Terracotta Army

on: May 19, 2011, 07:46:09 AM

Stats are delayed, as I am missing the replay file for the ICE/Gruntle match.  Could one of you either mail it to me or upload to BBM, please?
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 09:38:54 AM

I would be happy to submit it but the password for the BBManager league is nowhere to be found?
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 11:51:23 AM

I am 83% sure it is loggins.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 12:03:15 PM

I am 83% sure it is loggins.

Did you roll a D6 for it?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 12:03:44 PM

Maaaaybe.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 03:14:48 PM

So Strazos, I support a casual approach to scheduling More Dave games, assuming we have more or less compatible schedules. I'm on PST and usually free in evenings or afternoons -- just give me a shout on Steam or something and we can play whenever.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 07:32:09 PM

ICE and I just finished out game, and...it felt like a strange affair. Not too many 3d blocks, but some hilarity.

ICE kicks off, and a scuffle ensues mid-field. I'm doing pretty well with DDs, but eventually they go into hiding, leaving me with only pushes and BDs. Seeing as this is supposed to be more of a humor league, I take the road less traveled...and start sacrificing the body on a few blocks. While that's occuring, I manage to slip the carrier through midfield and pull away from the pack. A good recovery from ICE forces me to score around turn 5 or so, but he's not able to respond before the half.

Second half also has some hilarity with missed pick-ups and such, and I manage to lose a snotling when he kills himself going for a GFI - with an Apoth, that's 2 failed GFIs (had a reroll), and 2 failed injury rolls. Anyway, I continue to throw ill-advised BD blocks, crippling a few of ICE's snotlings. His cage manages to get very close to the endzone, but they're not able to hold the ball long enough to punch it in. A crucial dive into a cage results in a BD, with both snots being stunned, and the ball falling out of bounds. The crowd is kind enough to toss it away from the scrum, but ultimately nothing comes of it.

1 - 0 Win for The Little Snots.

Both teams have a few injuries to deal with, and both have at least 1 snotling hitting level 2 for next week.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 11:50:44 AM

Pile of Snotlings 1 - Snottles 0

Welp, this was a typical snotling game. Lots of pushing around, lots of falling down, lots of injuries and very little good play. Each half had 1 long drive. I started by receiving the kick, not picking up the ball, having a little success with blocks along the front line and promptly failing a block roll. Luckily, Gruntle's GFI dice let him down ALL GAME. I think he failed most of his GFI rolls. When I finally got the ball back, I tried passing it a few times and finally succeeded late in the first half with a pass downfield that eventually led to a score on the 7th turn. By that time, he was 8 snotlings down (3 injuries and a bunch of KO's) and I thought it would be an easy second half.

Not so much. The second half saw him pick up the ball and push my snotlings all over the place. Eventually, I was down to 7 snotlings, at one point only having 4 awake on the pitch. He kept the ball despite some keen blitzes I made, and by the 14th turn, he had a huge, almost impregnable cage in my half of the pitch. Then the dice truly left him, as he spent four 2- and 3-dice blocks trying to knock a guy down off the top of the cage. My guy was bona fide, though, as he cage surfed into a favorable position for me. On the last turn, I had the chance to block the ball carrier but failed to bring him down. Nuffle was not done with Gruntle though. His final turn saw the ball carrier needing to make 1 dodge and 2 GFI rolls to score the equalizer. Of course, he failed on the goal line, dropping the ball and ending any chance at a draw.

Love the total chaos of a snotling match.

Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 12:37:19 AM

Pile of Snotlings 1 - Snottles 0

Welp, this was a typical snotling game. Lots of pushing around, lots of falling down, lots of injuries and very little good play. Each half had 1 long drive. I started by receiving the kick, not picking up the ball, having a little success with blocks along the front line and promptly failing a block roll. Luckily, Gruntle's GFI dice let him down ALL GAME. I think he failed most of his GFI rolls. When I finally got the ball back, I tried passing it a few times and finally succeeded late in the first half with a pass downfield that eventually led to a score on the 7th turn. By that time, he was 8 snotlings down (3 injuries and a bunch of KO's) and I thought it would be an easy second half.

Not so much. The second half saw him pick up the ball and push my snotlings all over the place. Eventually, I was down to 7 snotlings, at one point only having 4 awake on the pitch. He kept the ball despite some keen blitzes I made, and by the 14th turn, he had a huge, almost impregnable cage in my half of the pitch. Then the dice truly left him, as he spent four 2- and 3-dice blocks trying to knock a guy down off the top of the cage. My guy was bona fide, though, as he cage surfed into a favorable position for me. On the last turn, I had the chance to block the ball carrier but failed to bring him down. Nuffle was not done with Gruntle though. His final turn saw the ball carrier needing to make 1 dodge and 2 GFI rolls to score the equalizer. Of course, he failed on the goal line, dropping the ball and ending any chance at a draw.

Love the total chaos of a snotling match.

What he said except I don't know how many dice I threw at that one snottling without getting a single pow... Just that it was a lot -- now let us never speak of it again.
I HATE snotlings
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 10:50:52 AM

Carnifex and I tied 1-1, I have already forgotten most of the details of the game, other than he had a big edge in casualties inflicted, and I was only able to tie it on the last couple turns. If he had stalled a bit I might not have had the chance, but on the other hand, snotlings are unreliable enough that if he had stalled I might have been able to knock him down and we'd have had a 0-0 tie instead, unclear.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 10:05:21 PM

No Ogres Allowed and Mathmatichy tie 1-1.  I had two early fouls called out by the ref and rapidly lost ground in snotling bodies on the field, and thus started having to play more recklessly, which quickly snowballed into a filled casualty pen and a grand total of one stunned snotling representing my team on the field when the tying goal was scored by the Mathmatichians on turn 16.  What a mess!

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 10:27:26 PM

Also it was raining the whole game, I got a kill, proudft broke someone's neck, and both our MVPs went to players with niggling injuries. I'm still figuring out how to play with snotlings but I got a fair amount of SPP from all the casualties I threw out, so hopefully this draw will turn into future wins.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 05:56:34 AM

Avaia and I played late last night (for me at least). I won 2-0 in a game that was pretty harsh on him dice wise. Although we both ended up with 5 casualties apiece (with one on my team dead), the injuries were very heavily stacked against him for most of the match. He threw 41 blocks and was successful in 10 of them while I threw 32 of which 15 were successful.

Highlights were a fireball that only managed to stun a single snotling and two snotlings killing each other on a 'both down' result (we both called on our apothecaries and Avaia saved his but mine was still dead). I scored once on the last turn of the first half after taking advantage of Avaia's depleted team and then again on turn 13 or so. Avaia pushed hard in the final drive but didn't have the numbers to keep the ball carrier safe. After running him to within a turn of a consolation TD, he got piled on and the ball was loose about 5 squares from my endzone with my last turn to play. I had the opportunity to score a third TD but it required either picking it up, making a GfI, a 6+ throw, a catch and then 2 more GfIs to score or a pickup, a GfI, a handoff, a 4+ throw, a catch and two more GfIs. I went for the second option as I felt that even with rerolls two 4+ rolls were safer than a 6+, burnt a reroll on the pickup, made the GfI, the handoff, the throw but fluffed the catch.

One of my level 2 Snotlings was the fatality from the match and I didn't get any more level ups from the game although I have a bunch of players who will probably advance after the next match.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 05:59:15 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: more dave - day 2 snotling beatings  
Jump to: