Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:37:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Promotion & Rally 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Promotion & Rally  (Read 8883 times)
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

on: May 18, 2011, 05:22:20 AM

I'm just wondering if there is chance that I can get a promotion?

In game name of Vashon

I'm one of the original signatories and so am an officer but that doesn't let me promote peoples alts, which means they can't set rally points.
Which brings me to the other issue, the rally banner is a useful perk that we have, but you need to be an officer or better to be able to throw one down.

Could we change that so that lower ranks can use it?

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 08:03:46 AM

Make this person guild leader!

The F13 guild is still going?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 08:34:26 AM

Yep.  Not many on during my prime hours.

I'll promote you as high as it'll let me. PM me with anyone else you'd like to have officer status.

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 09:05:27 AM

I'll see if I can get on later and bump you up.  ACK!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 10:19:31 AM

The F13 guild is still going?

Barely.  Nerf and I were the most active players and both of us left for more active guilds.  I'm not even sure Nerf is still playing.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 10:21:54 AM

Almost 3 months since launch.  I'm amazed it's still around at all.  Rift was never going to set this community on fire.

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 10:58:32 AM

Almost 3 months since launch.  I'm amazed it's still around at all.  Rift was never going to set this community on fire.

This explains burn out as well?  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 11:01:19 AM

Promoted to Legate - should have uber rights now.

I'm still on a lot and in BC but i don't expect I'll stay in the guild all that much longer - it's very quiet heh.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 06:52:46 AM

I'm in game now lvl 16.  Been seeing Nebu, but that's it.  His new guild is 50 only, so if anyone else gets into a guild that accepts "growth" characters  awesome, for real let me know.

In game name is Drenj.  Can't even remember the soul type....melee healer guy!  I tend to go for support roles.  I think I'm a gaming masochist at heart...
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 09:17:46 AM

I don't see how you all can play on a pve server.  I understand why you didn't want to play on a pvp server, but removing that looking-over-my-shoulder thing from an mmo prohibits not only the griefing that player-added content brings, but also the fun.

I love chatting with the other side.  Mostly I try to convince them to leave the defiants and become guardians, or complement them on their playing.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 09:28:10 AM

I resubbed but am probably going to bail soon.  I still would like to get a character to 50 first though.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 09:38:07 AM

I don't see how you all can play on a pve server.  I understand why you didn't want to play on a pvp server, but removing that looking-over-my-shoulder thing from an mmo prohibits not only the griefing that player-added content brings, but also the fun.

10,000 times this.

Some people dont understand or just want a singleplayer experience with chat, but I like to be able to affect others, and have them affect me.
Rasix

Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 09:40:48 AM

I love chatting with the other side.  Mostly I try to convince them to leave the defiants and become guardians, or complement them on their playing.

I don't want to be bothered.  It's that simple.

Playing through Scarwood Reach is starting to exacerbate some of the issues I'm having with Rift.  WHY IS THERE SO MUCH SHIT EVERYWHERE? There's almost no good way of dealing with the insane-o mob density in this game other than moving one of my alternate specs to something with permastealth.  And that will only work with one toon..

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 09:58:38 AM

That's exactly what I had to do on my rogue too Rasix; I never got why mobs were packed so tightly, even on roads, so that you couldn't even ride through a zone between quest hubs without perma-stealth or clearing 50+ mobs.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 10:23:11 AM

You are gonna have to kill those mobs eventually anyways.  The exp curve is balanced around you plowing through hordes of mobs to get anywhere, if you perma stealth around you run out of quests.

I am the .00000001428%
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 10:24:31 AM

You are gonna have to kill those mobs eventually anyways.  The exp curve is balanced around you plowing through hordes of mobs to get anywhere, if you perma stealth around you run out of quests.

I didn't agree with this initially, but leveling my 4th toon to 50 is making it more obvious.  Killing the swarm will make the trip to 50 faster.  Quest xp rewards are terrible.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 12:05:00 PM

Primarily because Rift PvP is shit? I can still chat with the other side.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 12:25:24 PM

Which server are you on, Morfiend?  And will your group allow low level characters in? 
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 02:24:29 AM

Not being able to communicate with half the players in a virtual world is annoying as hell. I was so glad to find out Rift didn't copy that bullshit from WoW.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 04:15:26 AM

Actually it's from DAOC. I'm mixed.  I have as little desire to be called names by the other side as I do to have someone gank me while I'm getting a cup of coffee. But since I can opt out of a PVP server, why do I care at all.

Honestly, I don't understand why the PVE servers in Rift or WoW still separate the community at all. One of the best things they did with EQ2 was to allow you to group with the other side. Twice as many players is twice the grouping opportunity without dragging in some automated tool from WoW.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 06:01:42 AM

At least in Rift you can yell to your enemies, so basically you can talk to them. You just cannont /whisper, but everything else work, and I love it.
No grouping though, too bad. Would be a nice mechanism to be able to group while accruing "betrayal" faction, or "peacemaking" faction point. The more you group with the enemy the more you lose some priviledges but gain some others.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 08:18:12 AM

Even if they could /tell or /whisper or /yell, there are plenty of tools within the system to block them if you don't like it.  I block all /yell's, /say's, and /emote's from players on every new character I build on any game, so I'm covered.  If somebody can't go to the trouble to /tell me something, I'm not interested.

I agree, leave the system open to let factions group, talk, whatever.  WoW's system was never good with that regard and produced way too many issues for imbalanced servers, etc. 

Have factions, but let people decide in real time which one to sign up for (or none.)  Trying to tie it to lolore just isn't working.  Faction, Guild, etc affiliation should be voluntary to the player.  That's something UO did well I think. 
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 08:42:42 AM

Even CoX allows it now.  Cross-faction missions and two intermediate alignments with access to both sides.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011, 08:08:25 AM

Even CoX allows it now.  Cross-faction missions and two intermediate alignments with access to both sides.

What do you mean by "intermediate alignment"? CoX is one game I have kept going back to, off and on (admittedly more off than on).  The fun lasts for me for a couple of months at a time but not more.  I don't know why that is.  But I do like it.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 12:03:48 PM

Going Rogue introduced alignments.  Villain, Rogue, Vigilante, and Hero.  (And Praetorian, but that's temporary for characters which start in Praetoria.)

You can do missions which allow you to complete a morality mission.  The morality mission either gives you rewards for reinforcing your current alignment or allow you to shift.  (Villain -> Rogue -> Hero -> Vigilante -> Villain)  Rogues and Vigilantes can access all hero and villain zones.  You may have to build up new contacts through scanner/paper missions.  I haven't done much cross-play yet.

So far though, it seems to have added a feature I'd like to see in other games with multiple factions.  I can think of any others besides EQ2 which allows for it.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 10:05:14 PM

I thought EQ2's method was ideal also.  At least, one of the methods they had - I think they changed it at least once over the years.  The only thing I griped about a bit was the automatic class-switches when you changed factions.  I can understand the good guys not accepting a necromancer or a shadowknight, but what, exactly, would be the bad guys' problem with a Conjurer (I think that was it, the class that had to turn into a necromancer if they went evil)?

With Rift, I find the race-based faction system particularly jarring, because, well...the factions in Rift are based off of an ideology.  It seems utterly nonsensical that every dwarf, mathosian, and high elf would agree with the Guardians, and that every eth, kelari, and bahmi would agree with the Defiants.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Promotion & Rally  
Jump to: