Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:55:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Tyrant 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tyrant  (Read 3969 times)
Aez
Terracotta Army

on: May 14, 2011, 08:41:04 AM

I'm having fun so far.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/synapticon/tyrant

It's an improved Warstorm. A TCG where building your the deck is more important than playing the game.  Very gimmicky to get your cash through micro-transactions.  The worst part is the energy feature than limit your game per day.

I wasted 20$ on it to see if it would improve my playing experience and it didn't really made a difference.
Those who liked Elements a while back should give it a try. We could start a Bat Country faction if enough play.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:46:47 AM by Aez »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 09:01:09 AM

I liked Elements a lot, but a key selling point of it was that you could be competitive without spending any money. I'll give this a shot though, assuming I can be decent for free.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 01:27:34 PM

I played a little more today, some precisions:
The energy feature is not that bad, it resets in an hour and an half - still annoying since you can't play more than 4 or 5 missions in a row
It seems you can access everything with out money (except cards from the most recent expansions)

Strategy wise :
The skill Strike is really good with no real counter (that I have met yet)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 01:58:49 PM by Aez »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 02:30:41 PM

Finally gave it a shot. Ran into my first Raid; not sure what Request Help does but here's a link if you could lend me a hand.

It's pretty good so far; refilling the energy when you level up certainly helps.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 05:14:00 PM

Your raid was expired when I tried to help.  I did one so far and it only seems to boost faction standing. 

The energy refill as you level up is not that useful once you hit lvl 5 and progression slow down.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 07:55:08 AM

Strategy wise :
The skill Strike is really good with no real counter (that I have met yet)
The counter to Strike is heal, especially the universal version.

I don't think I'll play this for more than a week, but I'm hooked at the moment.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 08:09:53 AM

Evade works too.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 08:11:49 AM

Heal, Evade and cards with lots of hit points.

I still play everyday.  It gets better has you get more cards.  I just got into a faction and it double the fun.  Don't apply to faction until you're lvl 15, they will reject your application.  Weak members give free points to the other faction in a war.

I'm with Kryptologic, a random faction I recently joined.  Here's the league if you want to join : http://www.kongregate.com/games/synapticon/tyrant?source=finv&kv_apply=426001
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 08:14:03 AM by Aez »
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 08:32:06 AM

I'd put this one down a week or so ago, but I hit up your link to start up again. I like the game, the mechanics are solid.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 02:43:37 PM

I'm not thrilled with how critical rare commanders are. Having a lower tier commander is hard as fuck to overcome in pvp.

Also the pvp ranks take tooooooo long a grind and it honestly is pretty boring to play since the stakes are non existent.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 05:08:04 PM

The stakes are in the faction ladder.  You lose ranks when you lose a war.  The regular pvp (arena) is completely useless.  It's so useless it doesn't even waste energy/stamina.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Tyrant  
Jump to: