Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:25:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Game Review: Resident Evil 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game Review: Resident Evil 4  (Read 4946 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

on: February 07, 2005, 11:29:26 PM

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 08:17:08 AM

My wife finished the game in about 29 hours, and is a huge fan of the series. I've started playing it a little bit while installing WinXP on my new machine, and so far, I really dig it. It's an incredibly good-looking game, downright fucking beautiful. I would put it up there as one of the most gorgeous games ever produced on any system, and that includes PC's with the latest flashy hardware. The character models look better than the ones in Vampire: Bloodlines (with the exception that Bloodlines has more facial expressions). Gameplay is solid, and there is just something so viscerally satisfying about shooting a shotgun into a zombiefied villager's head and watching it explode in a shower of red blood and gore.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 11:04:04 PM

This game is kicking my ass.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 09:20:51 AM

I have had a love/hate relationship with the RE Series myself. I enjoyed the first one but not quite enough to replay it more than maybe once a year. I never finished Code: Veronica. RE4 I highly, highly enjoyed and have recommended to all my friends. I am midway through my second playthrough and I realized I had been subconsciously planning for my 3rd. "Let's see, if I keep these two weapons maxed upgraded I'll be able to get the unlimited rocket launcher by about halfway through the next game."

Damn good game.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 09:49:49 AM

I'm also a fan of the series.  Although I never actually finish anything... ever... this game is on my list to play.   Thanks for the review!  It was shiny!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 10:21:04 AM

"The government decides that Leon is a bad enough dude to rescue the President's daughter from cultists"

I owe you $20 for that reference.  There's been a rise of ninja-related crime!

"Cube owners looking for an excuse to finally take Smash Brothers out of the tray."

No kidding. <sigh>

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 12:40:23 PM

"Cube owners looking for an excuse to finally take Smash Brothers out of the tray."

No kidding. <sigh>

Heh, I traded in my gamecube when my friends moved away.

Quote from: Signe
Although I never actually finish anything... ever...

I have this problem too, I can't remember the last time I actually finished a game.  It seems that as soon as I figure out everything involved, I stop playing.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 08:02:32 AM

I find myself at the first part of the game I'm not enjoying. At all. I'd talk about it, but rather not leave spoilers. 1% of a game being bad is about the best you'll find these days.

Edit: The grammar in this post sucks. I'm just pointing it out, not fixing it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Archived: We distort. We decide.  |  Topic: Game Review: Resident Evil 4  
Jump to: