Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:44:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: *Season 4* - In-game join now. Intructions, and other messy stuff. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Season 4* - In-game join now. Intructions, and other messy stuff.  (Read 69217 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #280 on: May 04, 2011, 07:29:56 PM

Either someone is going to throttle Comstar with bashings, or he's simply going to dice hack dance and dodge his way to a perfect regular-season record. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: May 04, 2011, 07:54:51 PM

Oh lord, Stormbringer is going to be bashorama. Pure and utter carnage.

I'd better stock up on Apothecaries and rerolls... Oh yeah  awesome, for real

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #282 on: May 04, 2011, 08:47:39 PM

Cthulu 4 LIFE, DOG!

I was in this division last year. I'm good with that. I look forward to being able to block against a few of the teams in this division, including another High Elf team.

Love the videos, Falc. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #283 on: May 04, 2011, 09:08:05 PM

It's hard for me to imagine much in the way of bad divisions as long as I'm not up against 'that wolf', Ingmar's beardbash, or those horrid, horrid bitches of Comstar's. I was hoping to draw Iain to allow him to punch me into oblivion for sticking out my foot as he ran for the playoffs last season and Andy for obvious reasons...but since I would've lost both of those games, it's probably for the best.

Game I'm sweating most (and no offense meant to the other T2000 coaches): Bashtards vs Snoosnoo. Don't hurt me, Freight Train Joe. Or at least sign my jersey as you roll on over the poor bashtards!

I should be pretty easy pickings, I have only played official f13 league games. I need to practice more.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: May 04, 2011, 09:09:23 PM

2 lizards, 2 chaos, 2 necromantics, and some other chumps.

Really it's all about whether I have enough games to get tackle on somebody before I play Comstar. I swear that two thirds of my team's SPP is on zombies.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #285 on: May 04, 2011, 09:29:11 PM

Stormbringer is going to be awesome!  Hail to the chiefs!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: May 04, 2011, 09:51:38 PM

Stormbringer is going to be awesome!  Hail to the chiefs!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Hic sunt dracones.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #287 on: May 04, 2011, 11:20:16 PM

I'm going to be all about random replacement loner dudes getting MVP this season, aren't I.  ACK!

God Save the Horn Players
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: May 04, 2011, 11:36:59 PM

The best part about free replacement guys is it makes it easy to figure out who to put on the line.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #289 on: May 04, 2011, 11:48:35 PM

You should just put your Thro-Ras up there to get the inevitable out of the way.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #290 on: May 04, 2011, 11:55:37 PM

Quote from: sky
Bastards vs Snoosnoo

The thing to remember about Snoosnoo is that they are not, actually, Orcs.

MA has built some bizarre fake elf passing team with developed throwers and catchers but nothing on the front line guys.

Just remember you are playing against particularly ugly elfs and keep punching them in the face until they go away. You'll be fine.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: May 05, 2011, 01:34:51 AM

It's amazing how much more fun that video is when you're actually one of the teams taking part this year, awsome job as usual Falc. Can't wait for the slaughter to start - viva la bloodbowl!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #292 on: May 05, 2011, 02:01:05 AM

It's amazing how much more fun that video is when you're actually one of the teams taking part this year, awsome job as usual Falc. Can't wait for the slaughter to start - viva la bloodbowl!

Haha, I noticed that too. I was all WOO THERE'S MY NAME. And then I was all OH SHIT THIS ENTIRE DIVISION IS GOING TO KICK THE SHIT OUT OF ME.

But I need to think positive! Raar!

God Save the Horn Players
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: May 05, 2011, 03:41:08 AM

Tier Noob.

Fair enough....

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #294 on: May 05, 2011, 05:33:50 AM

Wow.
I wasn't expecting so bashy *without* any lizards.

I wonder if someone will manage to wipe the field of snotlings this season  awesome, for real

Thanks to Falc for all the effort.

This is going to be fun.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #295 on: May 05, 2011, 06:54:03 AM

Great video again falc. Thanks for all the work you do to make this happen. Got a few tatts?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #296 on: May 05, 2011, 06:58:30 AM

Great video again falc. Thanks for all the work you do to make this happen. Got a few tatts?

Hah. Just a few  Ohhhhh, I see.

You are all welcome. Sometimes I feel the pressure of all the stuff I created, but most of the times I have a great time doing it and actually I'm the one who should be thankful, as I would have never played a real Blood Bowl League without the enthusiasm of you all.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #297 on: May 05, 2011, 07:13:26 AM

So is it game 1 time now?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #298 on: May 05, 2011, 07:25:17 AM

I checked this morning and the divisions weren't organized quite yet. I imagine by the end of the day it will be.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: May 05, 2011, 07:47:41 AM

At work now. Let me get home and I'll turn the goddamn switch on.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #300 on: May 05, 2011, 07:59:55 AM

Uh, are the divisions right? They weren't a couple hours ago. It'd be Very Bad if it got turned on but they were set up incorrectly.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: May 05, 2011, 08:03:53 AM

No they are not right at the moment. I have to get home, launch the game, fix the divisions, and then start Game Day #1.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #302 on: May 05, 2011, 08:25:55 AM

Quote from: sky
Bastards vs Snoosnoo

The thing to remember about Snoosnoo is that they are not, actually, Orcs.

MA has built some bizarre fake elf passing team with developed throwers and catchers but nothing on the front line guys.

Just remember you are playing against particularly ugly elfs and keep punching them in the face until they go away. You'll be fine.
Firstly, how dare you slander the name of my fine young green orcs. They love their mothers and their fathers beat them daily, like any good orc family.

Secondly, the Bashtards spent most of last season emulating Snoosnoo  DRILLING AND MANLINESS Jerkface (Snoo) was the 2nd best thrower in the league, 3rd in passing yards. Chuck (Bash) was the 5th best thrower, 6th for yards. I had some real comedic moments, but due to the amount of throwing I did, and some lucky dodging in a couple games, well, most of the teams that played me except for my last two games (where I was practicing ground&pound) would call them ugly elves.

Going to be difficult to get my high ranking in the killer category this season, going to have to decimate some skinks and rats, along with the usual elf-punching. Actually I think there needs to be wagering of which of the three real teams (the tards, the snoos and the dips) in T2000 is going to punch the most faces into the pitch.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: May 05, 2011, 08:42:53 AM

Immortal Jenkins is ranked 8th for passing yards despite never having thrown a ball in his career. The hall of fame has some interesting loopholes.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: May 05, 2011, 08:44:24 AM

In-game stats are deeply flawed, and never reset over seasons.  I have a better way, with more stats, and it is ready for season 4.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #305 on: May 05, 2011, 08:49:32 AM

Well, please, do tell.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #306 on: May 05, 2011, 08:59:03 AM

I bet it involves chickens.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: May 05, 2011, 09:21:44 AM

Season #4 is ON! You can play your Game Day #1!

Please remember that YOU HAVE TO POST YOUR REPLAY ON BB MANAGER ON YOUR OWN, or your game won't be validated, and you will be awarded a loss.

Also, important NEW RULE:

- To make sure that the winner of the game instantly uploads his/her replay to BBManager, or in case of a tie you agree on who's gonna do it. When in doubt, you both upload it. This will save me a lot of work, and will take you only a few seconds.

This is very important. And I'll go as far as using the rule which is in effect in the Orca Cola and some other major BB competition. >>> It's the winner of a match responsibility to upload the replay. If, by the end of the Game Week the winner hasn't uploaded his/her replay, the win will go to the other player. In case of a draw, coaches are supposed to agree on who is gonna upload. When in doubt, just upload (removing a duplicate is very easy). <<<

Just remember, uploading a replay to BB Manager takes 5 seconds, right after the end of the game.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: May 05, 2011, 11:41:13 AM

On page one of the resources and questions is where th BB manager instruction are - will just check with my opponent to make sure I do it right the first time.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:51:07 AM by Ulysees »
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: May 05, 2011, 11:54:39 AM

1. Run the BB Manager program.   It takes 6 years to start.
2. Enter your name and password.  (If you don't have one yet, Create Account).  Hit OK.
3. Wait 4 more minutes for it to finish loading.
4. When you see the page of news, it is finally ready. There is a button "Submit Match" in the upper-leftish part of the window.  Has a disk icon next to it. Push this button.  Wait some more.
5. It pops up the last match played by default.  This is why if you run it right after the match, it is easy.  It fills in everything automagically EXCEPT Game Day (set this to whatever it is, well, except on day 1) and Password (which is the same as the league password).  (And maybe league name, I can't remember. That would be f13 season 4, of course.) Fill these out.
6. Push Submit, all done!

EDIT: Too bad, you get instructions anyway!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 11:57:43 AM by proudft »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #310 on: May 05, 2011, 11:55:36 AM

2a: If you have ever had multiple versions of BB on the same machine make sure it is set to "Legendary Edition" on the login screen.
5a: I find that a lot of the time I have to set the coach names myself also.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: May 05, 2011, 11:56:20 AM

Top job - Thanks for the guide Proudft - one last question - do I have to have BB manager running at the same time as playing a game?
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: May 05, 2011, 11:57:55 AM

Nope.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: May 05, 2011, 12:00:05 PM

If you do it'll automatically detect games played and ask you if you want to upload them. Plus I think Falconeer said doing it this way helps avoid issues with corrupted replay files.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: May 05, 2011, 12:02:49 PM

Oh, interesting.   I haven't seen any corrupted replays myself - maybe cause I usually only play one game per firing up of Blood Bowl?    But yeah it doesn't hurt anything to have it running at the same time and saves you a lot of waiting on starting BB Manager.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: *Season 4* - In-game join now. Intructions, and other messy stuff.  
Jump to: