Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:30:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: PAX Prime 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PAX Prime 2011  (Read 55521 times)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 07:22:13 PM

We have arrived and are currently drinking at the Gordon Biersch brewery.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 07:35:36 PM

I always loved that name, Biersch. I think of how you'd pronounce beers after having too many.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 10:19:23 PM

Tried to get a reservation at the Taphouse for Saturday night - but they're booked up so we'll just have to take our chances.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 26, 2011, 01:14:05 AM

My suggestions:

Friday

• 2:30 PM – The Guild Wars Live Game: From Inception to Live Update (Room 2B)
• 5:30 PM – The ArenaNet Community Team (Room 2B)

Saturday

• 10:00 AM – ArenaNet Artists Review Your Portfolio (Room 2B)
• 1:00 PM – Guild Wars 2: Designing a Cooperative Experience (Pegasus Theater, Sheraton Hotel)
• 4:00 PM – Character Art in Guild Wars 2: Creation and Iteration (Room 2B)

Sunday

• 1:00 PM – Breathing Life into a World: The Lore and Writing of Guild Wars 2 (Room 2B)
• 2:30 PM – ArenaNet Artists Review Your Portfolio (Room 2B)
• 4:00 PM – Guild Wars 2: Designing Dynamic Systems and Content (Room 2B)

AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 26, 2011, 07:39:21 PM

At   Trion's shindig. Realizing I don't know what Draegan looks like.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 10:25:51 PM

Ask Hartsman to point him out.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 26, 2011, 10:40:25 PM

Found him.  And Hartsman sadly skipped out on us this time around.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #42 on: August 27, 2011, 03:25:48 AM

Hey folks, if any of you get a chance to visit the NCsoft booth and feels like playing it, be sure to write your impressions about Carbine Studios' Wildstar in the related thread on the MMOG forum :)

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 27, 2011, 06:01:41 PM

At the Taphouse, but they won't seat us unless everyone is here. Not sure who is coming, fire me a PM sometime soon if you are.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #44 on: August 27, 2011, 06:20:53 PM

I am here with murdoc and buddy.  Where are the rest of you bitches?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #45 on: August 27, 2011, 06:35:05 PM

Someone score me a LoL code. Word.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 27, 2011, 06:42:21 PM

We have a table straight in from the bottom of the staiirs.

First round: missed by you fuckers.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #47 on: August 27, 2011, 07:32:08 PM

My record of never turning down a drink and/or meal with Internet strangers remains unblemished.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #48 on: August 31, 2011, 07:43:55 AM

I made it to the table. Eventually.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #49 on: August 31, 2011, 07:45:04 AM

Someone score me a LoL code. Word.

My room mate's girlfriend actually sprinted across the room to grab it from my hand as I pulled it from my swag bag when I got home.

WayAbvPar

Reply #50 on: August 31, 2011, 08:55:10 AM

Sorry I missed out...had 3 football drafts over the weekend, and was sick as a dog to boot (ending up missing my Friday night draft). Would have loved to check out the convention and hoist a few with you folks. Can someone give me a month or two heads up for the next convention in Seattle? I don't pay attention to that stuff for the most part and they always sneak past me.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #51 on: August 31, 2011, 09:05:51 AM

Hey guys, to anyone that was there I'm going to shamelessly ask for a League of Legends Sivir skin if anyone would hook me up I'd owe them forever :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 31, 2011, 02:31:33 PM

So my flight back to NJ was supposed to be Sunday night.  I just got home.

Also, I watched AutomaticZen drink 10 redbulls in 4 minutes.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 31, 2011, 06:16:56 PM

I wasn't able to get any extra Sivir codes this year. Sorry.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 07:02:54 AM

I drank one friday night and I thought my heart was going to explode.

I have no LOL codes either. I guess I should have grabbed a few extra as they were just handing them out as we stood in lines.

It was good having a drink with Samwise and Bunk - it was hardly even awkward other than Bunk sat with the Penny Arcade forumers for the first couple hours by accident... Ohhhhh, I see.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: September 01, 2011, 08:13:28 AM

It wasn't an accident if they bought him any drinks. Grin

AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: September 01, 2011, 09:08:56 AM

Hey guys, to anyone that was there I'm going to shamelessly ask for a League of Legends Sivir skin if anyone would hook me up I'd owe them forever :)

Sorry, my LoL-playing friend ganked that as soon as I got home.

So my flight back to NJ was supposed to be Sunday night.  I just got home.

Sugar-free!  They're like little cans of magic. I did occasionally alternate with alcohol, so it wasn't a complete wash.  I do expect that one day I'll cross a threshold, go berzerk, and bash someone's head in while screaming 'SUGAR-FREE!'.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #57 on: September 01, 2011, 09:52:58 AM

It wasn't an accident if they bought him any drinks. Grin
That would have made it better.

Was rather funny actually. Basically, I walked in to the bar and started looking around - wasn't sure how many guys had shown up. No one waiting knew who I was talking about, so I asked the Hostess if anyone had a group under F13? She immediately points me to a table in the corner.

So I walk over to see that there's more than a dozen people at the table. I mention I must have the wrong group, when a guy about Sam's age says no, they had two groups they wouldn't seat so they just decided to sit all together, so I was at the right place.

Intros were made around the table, and I didn't hear many of them clearly, but two guys across the table were Canadian, so that made sense. Plus, the guy in the corner was named Simon(d) and wasn't from the states. All seemed to make sense. Had a good dinner, chatted with several of the people on my end of the table. Finally when it quieted down a bit I asked who exactly at the table was from F13? They all stared at me.

So, it turns out the Hostess thought I said a table of 13, not F13. They were an interesting group of guys though, and I eventually found the right table and got to hang around for another hour with the right group.

As an aside regarding energy drinks - I was very disturbed to find out that NoS actually has a flavour I like. I've relied on the fact that they taste disgusting to stay away from the enrgy drinks. They were handing it out for free all show at the secondary exhibit hall.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 01, 2011, 11:21:40 AM

Well, you have friends already made if you go over the to PA forums, at least. Grin

schild
Administrator

Reply #59 on: January 26, 2012, 10:38:33 AM

Random question: Does anyone have their Youngling Hero card from the swag bag (it's a card for the Penny Arcade: Gamers vs Evil Card game). Most folks probably didn't even notice it. If you have one and don't care about it, I'd love having it sent my way. Thanks!
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #60 on: January 26, 2012, 10:54:17 AM

If I can find my bag and it's in there, it's yours.  I'm not sure where it is, but I don't think I'd have thrown it out.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #61 on: January 26, 2012, 11:55:43 AM

Look for some LoL codes while you're digging around in there.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #62 on: January 26, 2012, 12:03:51 PM

I tossed a lot of swag crap recently when cleaning, so I don't know if it survived the purge. I'll take a look.

As mentioned before, LoL code was claimed before I got my coat off upon arrival home.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #63 on: February 09, 2012, 06:30:19 AM

Random question: Does anyone have their Youngling Hero card from the swag bag (it's a card for the Penny Arcade: Gamers vs Evil Card game). Most folks probably didn't even notice it. If you have one and don't care about it, I'd love having it sent my way. Thanks!
Actually found it. Drop me a PM with an address to mail it to.

schild
Administrator

Reply #64 on: February 09, 2012, 06:52:42 AM

Oh wow. Awesome! Sending PM.
schild
Administrator

Reply #65 on: February 19, 2012, 08:50:53 AM

Just got it, thanks so much Bunk.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: PAX Prime 2011  
Jump to: