Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:31:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: PAX Prime 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PAX Prime 2011  (Read 55522 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

on: April 15, 2011, 02:17:28 PM

Aug 26 - 28

Badges just went on sales as of today. Got mine early. Last year I didn't notice on time and we ended up having to buy three one day passes.  swamp poop

prime.paxsite.com

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 02:47:40 PM

I'll actually be going to this, this year.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 04:45:59 PM

I'll be Enforcing again. Greatest gig for a great bunch of people. I wonder if other people doing con work feel the same.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 05:23:14 PM

Cons wouldn't get volunteers if they didn't.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 07:05:23 AM

All the Enforcers I've met there the last few years seem to enjoy the hell out of it. I'll have to make a point of figuring out which one you are this year.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 11:33:11 AM

I'm going.  Woo!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 08:51:13 AM

I just got my confirmation for my media passes.  Sahweet.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 02:10:14 PM

Just booked my flights and hotel.

First round of drinks are on me!

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 01:56:30 PM

I'll be there with some folk from work!

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 12:15:59 PM

Flights and Hotels booked for me as well.  Can't wait.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 09:51:29 AM

What are these flight things you are all speaking of?

It's a two hour drive down the I-5 for me, but we've booked a hotel anyway - no way I'm going to navigate the border every morning. I booked the hotel early just to make sure I could get in to the Marriott - stayed at a small hotel two miles away a couple years ago and the parking fees killed me.

Since apparently Murdoc is buying the drinks, we will certainly have to arrange some sort of awkward meetup.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 10:33:56 AM

Hooray, awkward meetup!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 11:24:29 AM

I was entertaining the idea of popping into Vancouver and going hiking after PAX. Is there anything I should know about the border? I have my passport.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 01:01:47 PM

I hear the guards appreciate gifts as it's a thankless job.  Bring them some weed so they can relax. why so serious?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 01:26:04 PM

I was entertaining the idea of popping into Vancouver and going hiking after PAX. Is there anything I should know about the border? I have my passport.

Have your passport, don't bring any fresh fruit or booze in the car, be polite.

Ton of great hiking up here - wish I was still in shape enough to do it. If you want the touristy choice and are in decent shape, the Grouse Grind would be the most famous option. 40 - 80 minutes of almost straight stair climbing to the top, beatutiful view of the city with a nice restaurant/bar, and then $5 for a gondola ride back down, so as not to ruin your knees.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 08:27:30 AM

Schedule is now up. I'm a little annoyed they moved the main SWOR presentation to Sunday afternoon, as we usually leave by then. Bioware appears to be stepping up their presence a bit this year, with a "Future of Dragon Age panel". Also, they have a Bioware Austin panel announced in addition to that, but with no specifics as to what it's about.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 11:29:17 AM

Since apparently Murdoc is buying the drinks, we will certainly have to arrange some sort of awkward meetup.

JUST THE FIRST ROUND.

I'm totally up for the awkward meetup.

AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 12:32:29 PM

My problem with PAX is waiting in line for panels cuts heavily into my interview time.  Alas and alack.

But hey, I'll get to meet Draegan this year, since I always hit up the Trion shindig.  Down for a meetup otherwise.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 07:33:15 AM

My problem with PAX is waiting in line for panels cuts heavily into my interview time.  Alas and alack.

But hey, I'll get to meet Draegan this year, since I always hit up the Trion shindig.  Down for a meetup otherwise.

Awesome.   Who do you have interviews set up with?
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 11:19:31 AM

Awesome.   Who do you have interviews set up with?

Gearbox, Bioware, NCSoft, couple of indies of the top of my head.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 07:06:45 AM

Sooo... PAX this week and I was serious about buying a round of drinks. I don't know Seattle at all, but if anyone wants to pick a place to meet up for a few drinks I'm game. Me and a buddy are showing up Thursday afternoon and I'll be in Seattle until Monday.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 08:23:31 AM

Well, I'll be around Friday to Sunday. Best time for me is probably Saturday dinner/evening, because I figure I'll end up crashing early Friday (after getting up at 3:30 AM).

Bioware/Mythic has a panel that ends at 6:30 on Saturday that I want to see, so anytime after that. If a different timeframe works better for other people, please make suggestions.

I only know a few places right in the area. There's a good Brewpub right there, but it's quite noisey and will be packed. There is the bar in our hotel - the Sheraton, right across the street from the convention center. There's an Elephant and Castle at Pike and 5th (two blocks away), for the typical pub setup.

If any locals have better suggestions, please offer em up.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 08:33:31 AM

I will be busy non-stop with Enforcer responsibilities from Thursday through Monday. They gave me the Sony booth to manage!  Yahoo! So if you want to drop by during the con that's where I'll likliest be.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 08:46:30 AM

Well, I'll be around Friday to Sunday. Best time for me is probably Saturday dinner/evening, because I figure I'll end up crashing early Friday (after getting up at 3:30 AM).

Bioware/Mythic has a panel that ends at 6:30 on Saturday that I want to see, so anytime after that. If a different timeframe works better for other people, please make suggestions.

I only know a few places right in the area. There's a good Brewpub right there, but it's quite noisey and will be packed. There is the bar in our hotel - the Sheraton, right across the street from the convention center. There's an Elephant and Castle at Pike and 5th (two blocks away), for the typical pub setup.

If any locals have better suggestions, please offer em up.

Saturday works well and we'll be at the Bioware/Mythic panel too.

Brewhouse is always good, but we're not picky. Whatever has decent food, a few beers to choose from is good enough for us. We couldn't get a room at the Sheraton, but our hotel is pretty close by.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 05:13:23 PM

I still haven't figured out yet what I'm actually doing at PAX.   ACK!  I don't know where anything is, so just tell me where I'm meeting y'all.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 08:00:47 PM

I wasn't able to get tickets, but I'll see if I can convince wayabvpar to come out for a drink whenever.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 05:59:38 AM

I still haven't figured out yet what I'm actually doing at PAX.   ACK!  I don't know where anything is, so just tell me where I'm meeting y'all.

Don't try to preplan much, it won't work out. I have four scheduled things I'm aiming for this year and if I succeed at seeing all four it will be a personal record. If you are going to any of the popular panels, anticipate at least an hour lineup.

So for a lack of alternate suggestions, let's go with the Tap House Grill on 6th and Pike at about 7:00 PM. The convention center is 8th and Pike. Leave the front doors, walk down hill two blocks, turn right at Niketown.

From the corner of 6th and Pike:

Everyone try to give an rsvp here if you can make, with a rough count of how many people you are with, so we can get an appropriate table - everything downtown is going to be busy that night.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 07:32:58 AM

My buddy and I will be there for sure. We'll be heading straight there from the Bioware panel.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 11:11:29 AM

I'll be there, group of 1.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 12:01:22 PM

I believe the SWTOR panel is on Sunday?
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 12:39:18 PM

I believe the SWTOR panel is on Sunday?

It is, but there's a 'content to be announced later' Bioware/Mythic panel in the Pegasus theatre on Saturday.

Edit: Oh nevermind - it's for the new Warhammer F2P game. Pass.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:40:58 PM by murdoc »

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 02:25:14 PM

Ooh... ok then.

Guess I'll have some free time Saturday afternoon.  awesome, for real

AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 12:41:42 PM

The eagle has landed.  I repeat, the eagle has landed.

Where's the best beer in this joint?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 03:02:29 PM

Uhm, just about anywhere really, compared to 90% of the country. But for specifics you'll have to ask someone else.  I have heard good things about Elysian Brewing Company, although I have never been.

Maybe this is of help?

http://beermapping.com/maps/citymaps.php?m=seattle

Also, I'm up for meeting up on Saturday night at 7 downtown. I personaly want to meet Katiri so that I can look him squarely in the eye, then break down and cry over the 4 times he shot me up last night in World of Tanks.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 04:35:59 PM

I too have arrived.  Think I'm going to head down to Pike Place and get lost.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Gaming Conferences and Conventions  |  Topic: PAX Prime 2011  
Jump to: