Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:54:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Depressing Pet Death Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Depressing Pet Death Thread  (Read 112926 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #210 on: October 04, 2020, 09:35:39 AM

Welp, it's 2020 and this year just can't seem to stop giving.

We finally had to put down our last dog, Fluffy, this Thursday. His dementia had just gotten to be too much. He'd been slowing down and getting more frantic for months now but had still been relatively manageable. The last week though, he just kept waking up earlier and earlier in the night, and being unable to be calmed down until he had a walk and his breakfast. Normally, I'd be up with him at around 5 am, but he was getting up at like 3:30 - 4 am consistently, and whimpering, pacing and walking into walls until he was taken out. He had basically 3 states of being the last week - asleep, calm when being walked or eating (though even then he was walking in circles or standing staring into space) or absolutely batshit insane barking and walking into walls or walking in a circle all while panting furiously. The last few days even during his frantic periods you could tell his body was just winding down. We made the decision this past Monday and had the appointment for Thursday, which meant he got to have one last day of hamburgers and french fries and fish sandwiches and whatever he wanted.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #211 on: October 04, 2020, 12:13:44 PM

Sorry to hear it man. Putting a pet down is a horrible experience... my mother just went thru that with her 15y yorkie.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #212 on: October 04, 2020, 02:11:38 PM

Sorry for your loss, Haemish. It sounds like you gave Fluffy a good, full life.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: October 04, 2020, 04:27:24 PM

Our very elderly boy is walking in circles half the day now panting and then peeing little dribbles as he turns and turns, which makes him pant more frantically because he was very well house-trained and it makes him feel even worse. I think I'm at "it's time" but my wife and daughter can't bear it yet. He's so unhappy in his dementia, though--he's ok when he's walked/dragged in the afternoon and when he sleeps at night with us but the rest of the time he's like a 97-year old wandering the nursing home wondering if the Germans have invaded Belgium yet.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #214 on: October 05, 2020, 06:57:10 AM

My sister's puppy which she had for all of two weeks died. She must have eaten something poisonous when no one was looking. Really everything is shit lately.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: October 05, 2020, 08:07:41 AM

Nooooooooooooo.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: October 06, 2020, 01:30:33 PM

Cry Cry Cry

Sorry for your loss, Haemish and for your sister's puppy, Calapine.

Now I want to go hug my doggo.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #217 on: November 11, 2021, 08:05:22 AM

RIP to the psycho.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: November 11, 2021, 08:28:27 AM

Heartbreak Sorry for your loss, Ab.  Goldens are the best.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #219 on: November 11, 2021, 04:47:10 PM

Sorry, Ab. Just one of the hardest things in the world to have to say goodbye to something that is such a huge part of your everyday life.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: November 11, 2021, 05:31:42 PM

I fucking hate it. I am sorry, Ab.

We have our current girl, and weirdly she's been vastly more loveable since we put her enemy, our good old boy, down--she is way more obedient and focused and interactive. But she's old too and when she's gone, I have to wonder if I can do this again, much as I love these creatures.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: January 24, 2023, 11:19:39 PM

Finally had to put down Blackdawg the cat. At 19 he was almost as old as this site and just as black. Went blind maybe a month ago. Back legs gave out a few days ago. Options were arthritis shot (not effective for 2 months), twice a day heart pills for high blood pressure (as if a cat would take that), or sleepy time. I knew it was time before taking him in. Once he couldn't get to the litter box anymore that was it.

He had 1 tooth left.

In his heyday he would attack dogs that came into the neighborhood. Took out a dalmatian once. If there was a pack of dogs he knew to run away though.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: January 24, 2023, 11:34:07 PM

Godspeed to you, Blackdawg.  Sounds like you had a good life.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #223 on: January 25, 2023, 05:29:35 PM

Vaya con dios, kitty cat.  Cry

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: January 25, 2023, 05:35:24 PM

Well done Blackdawg. Valhalla awaits.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: The Depressing Pet Death Thread  
Jump to: