Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:24:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LFG (Fuck the matchmaking system, also RAGE) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LFG (Fuck the matchmaking system, also RAGE)  (Read 3985 times)
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

on: April 03, 2011, 05:51:32 AM

I really need a group of people to play with, random solo is killing me ... or turning me into a machine fueled by hate and rage.

After something that felt like a 15 games lost streak, I finally had a revelation about how matchmaking works for solo players in LoL. If you manage to win a few games in a row, the system sets you up against a premade groups or higher Elo groups until your w/l ratio is more or less even.
If have played 1300 games and have a win/loss ratio of 658 to 642 or something like that. And almost ALL of my games have either been defeats where I never stood a chance or lolfacerolling "raeps". Close games are far and between, not a regular occurence for me.
 Mob Mob Mob
tl,dr: Matchmaking is biased towards premades, solo random queque sucks.

News at eleven and whatnot...

/rage

So, anybody who wants to play with me ? I live in Germany, but I work at odd times.  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 05:58:49 AM

Ranked or normal? I'm Acid Burn, massage me for a game.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 06:01:51 AM

Ranked or normal? I'm Acid Burn, massage me for a game.
I played a few ranked to get to know my Elo (Hell Level, obviously  why so serious?)

Added.

We'll see about the massage.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 10:24:01 AM

And almost ALL of my games have either been defeats where I never stood a chance or lolfacerolling "raeps". Close games are far and between, not a regular occurence for me.

The game is designed to be that way, I believe.  Early on, you (hopefully) have two relatively even teams, but once one side gets a tiny advantage, they get stronger, which lets them widen their advantage, get even stronger, and the whole thing snowballs.

I'm on as Weyen, if you're desperate for a teammate, just bear in mind that I'm not very good.  If I'm not logged on to LoL (and I'm usually not), feel free to poke me on Steam if I'm logged in there.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 01:07:51 AM

The truth of the matter is that match making is very very accurate in LoL especially once you have a few hundred games played. Just because you are at .500 doesn't mean you haven't been slowly raising your rating or lowering it. If you can't make the big jump beyond .500 you are probably at best a 15XX player and usually a 13XX or 14XX but there are also guys with 700 wins 700 loses that are 900 elo because they are just that bad.

The frustration can and will come not from unevenly matched teams but players whose skills don't match their smarts. You know the game can be played better. You want to play it better but your actual skill at the game is stuck at the same level as bad players who don't know the spawn timers on neutrals, don't even remember to get buffs if they aren't jungling, never go for baron before 35min in and so on. Now in the perfect world the system would find all the smart people with horrible skill and let them queue without the people with poor skill who are also braindead fucktards but that may be asking for too much.

If you want that you basically have to 5-man (ranked). Reality is though most of the people who act like they want to five man and play smarter balk and bitch if you actually try to sit them down and figure out a team comp or roles in advance. That's been my experience mostly that all the crying about bad games and I could be better if my team just cared is just that. Scrubby crybaby bullshit.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 05:26:34 AM

My favorite is -

Player 1: "Man, I'm sick of solo, I really wanna try hard and 5 queue."
Player 2: "Sounds great, get on vent and we'll get a team going."
Player 1: "Oh, I don't use voice comms."

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 05:55:46 PM

I don't use vent.

Guess that makes me a loser!

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 05:40:27 AM

I don't use vent.

Guess that makes me a loser!

Not using vent is fine, wanting to play "try hard" with a pre-made and not using vent would make you a loser.  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 08:27:56 PM

Solo queue ranked is the best!

Argh!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:31:35 PM by Thrawn »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LFG (Fuck the matchmaking system, also RAGE)  
Jump to: