Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:17:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Weekend Sale: Lead and Gold 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weekend Sale: Lead and Gold  (Read 2592 times)
Azazel
Contributor

on: March 25, 2011, 07:40:59 PM

This looked reasonable, and also potentially worth trying out for $2.50 or $7.50 for a 4-pack.
So I downloaded it for the "Free Weekend" trial.

At midday on an Australian Saturday afternoon, there are 2332 players online worldwide. There's also ONE game that I have allowable ping to join. During the Free Weekend. And it's full.

So much for that thought...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 05:17:44 AM

Similar experience. No setting or recognition of left handed mouse, 2 Aussie compatible servers (on a free weekend?) and the gameplay was.. pretty average. Nice of them to give a free weekend so I could save 2.50 I guess.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 01:02:14 PM

Same experiences here in the US. Friday night during US primetime the lowest ping I had in the entire sever browser was 120ms.

Uhhh no thanks.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 08:58:07 PM

I've played this game back on one of the previous free weekends. I thought about it for $2.50, but really, I could only see buying it if I didn't already have shittons of stuff to play. Since I do, I chose not to buy this game. Sounds like I made the right choice. It's not a bad game, but it's not a great game either. There are better things to play.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 09:08:11 PM

Had some fun with this for a few hours on Saturday afternoon. Shotgun newbs are annoying, but mostly a decent game. A fun distraction every now and then, and worth the $2.50 to me.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 01:57:57 PM

I bought it last time it was on sale and gifted it to a couple of people, but still haven't tried it out yet. I am the perfect Steam customer.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Weekend Sale: Lead and Gold  
Jump to: