Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:19:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Deep Realms 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Deep Realms  (Read 7874 times)
Raph
Developers

Title delayed while we "find the fun."

on: March 24, 2011, 04:10:35 PM

I am biased, because I helped out on it, but I think Deep Realms may well appeal to some of the crowd here. Think a JRPG on Facebook, with some FB standard elements but also a sorta-card based combat system with some depth to it. Lots of gear, PvP system, boss fights that are sorta asynch raids so to speak...

Game: http://apps.facebook.com/deeprealms/
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz7ON4mp40Q
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 07:44:45 AM

Nice trailer - it made me want to try it out.  The rats look terrifying!  in a cute sort of way.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 06:33:23 PM

I'm really enjoying this one so far.  The combat reminds me a bit of Adventure Quest.  The music is great as well.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 10:19:46 AM

It's cute.  Not far enough in to have seen much though.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 04:20:20 PM

I think your RNG is broken for thieves.  I regularly miss  4-5 of 7 rounds with a 70-80% hit, and my dodge of 20% almost never kicks in.  Neither Feint nor Flank seem to help.

Maybe I'm terrible, but my win/loss ratio isn't great.  14 wins, 20 losses, 2 deaths.

Raph
Developers

Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 05:13:17 PM

If you mean the 7 rounds of PvP, that's likely because you aren't able to see the defense bonuses that the opponent has.

PvPers tend to gear up very tailored builds specifically for PvP success. I suck at it, personally, but Jessica behind me here can crush anyone in like 3 rounds.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 07:29:47 PM

It would be nice if we COULD see those bonuses, even if they only appeared after certain attacks were used (like the mob weaknesses). Also, the PVP screen hangs up on me occasionally right before the battle starts; the spinning swords in the center will just keep spinning for minutes at a time.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 08:11:52 PM

Well, it's not like they are hitting me with -hit and causing me to whiff so much.  A dodge I can understand, but not so many outright misses.  Or bow users that hit regardless of how much confuse/hide/dodge I have going.

Bought a power spirit and carefully picked a few battles.  With luck I got my first honorable streak.  (And lost it in about five minutes.)  This is probably all karma for my first PvP match killing Edward Cullen at Legendary. Grin

Raph
Developers

Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 05:24:05 PM

You should start learning the bonuses as you start recognizing people's gear, since that is where most of them come from.

Lantyssa, they are not hitting you with -hit, but they can have +lots on defense against hand, magic, or ranged.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 12:10:55 PM

Is there anything us peeps behind a corporate firewall that only allows port 80 and 8080 traffic in and out to play these Facebook apps that apparently have to play on a different port than the rest of the internet?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 12:12:16 AM

You should start learning the bonuses as you start recognizing people's gear, since that is where most of them come from.

She should, but this is a Facebook game. Can't really expect a large group of players to memorize stats on items and such on FB. Transparency seems... necessary.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 07:38:50 AM

I've been paying attention.  The RNG just hates me.  Though actually being able to see stats in the enemy window would be nice.

Also I think Feint might be a little weak initially.  Takes a round to activate but does no damage, doesn't always work, and with beginning weapons doesn't add much damage.  The dodge bonuses would seem to be nice, but people would hit me anyways.

I'm not kidding about the RNG hating me though.  I'm not that bad.

Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 02:16:22 PM

Fun so far.
Trailer was nicely done.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 08:07:29 AM

So I'm a bit farther along now, still enjoying it.  I really like how the bosses in the PvE part take a while to bring down, and being able to replay maps is great.  Also a huge Kudos for not going overboard with the wall posting and friend requests... *cough* Frontierville (still a great game though :).   The PvP is the best part of the game for me even if it is completely frustrating at times.

Some thoughts:

Are we ever going to get more character slots or be able to try the different classes?  I just kind of randomly picked on but I would like to try the others.

I like the "revenge kills" but it would be nice to be able too look up a player to see some basic info before attacking them.  I had a really great win steak going and noticed one of my friends had the revenge icon.  I clicked it thinking I would get a "Do you want to attack so and so player Lv. X Sorcerer" or whatever.  Instead it just threw me into combat against a much higher level opponent.   Same goes for when someone breaks my steak when I'm offline.  It tells me who broke it but I can't see what level, class, gear or anything about that player.  So any kind of player lookup that would be nice.

The bonus for being honored and legendary for PvP are ok but I feel like they would be better if they were buffs that lasted an hour or 4 hours or whatever, similar to the elixirs.  Most of the time I get to 5 wins and someone attacks me and breaks my streak immediately.  If I can make it to 10 wins, it seems to hold up better, but chances of it lasting all the way to the time I make it to a boss are pretty low.

More PvP achievements (20 streak, beating a char x levels higher than you, etc).

The Risen Archers are really difficult =p
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 02:37:49 PM

Two things that are jumping out at me as being "NOT FUN" (TM)

1. I dont want my toon fighting in arena battles unless I am actively controlling it. Im tired of logging in and seeing I lost my 23 win streak and legendary status.
2. Cockblocks such as "energy points" limiting my ability to continue playing are irritating in the extreme. I dont want to log in for 5 mins at a time 8 or more times a day. I want to log in whenever I want and play as long as I want. If you want to make me pay for upgrades or chances to win cool gear or anything else, but trying to get me to pay money to get more energy points means you lost a player.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 03:21:14 PM

2. Cockblocks such as "energy points" limiting my ability to continue playing are irritating in the extreme. I dont want to log in for 5 mins at a time 8 or more times a day. I want to log in whenever I want and play as long as I want. If you want to make me pay for upgrades or chances to win cool gear or anything else, but trying to get me to pay money to get more energy points means you lost a player.
Yep, it's a facebook game.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 06:48:20 PM

Just a buyer beware, I bought the Nullifier Pants and they're supposed to be -2 damage to magic attacks that hit but they're actually giving me -2 to ranged.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 01:54:20 AM

This is rather impressive.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 10:48:00 PM

I have to agree that the Youtube video made me very interested to play.  Reminds me a big of Adventure Quest, but from reading the forums it seems to have the energy limitation.  I do kind of expect that though if its going to have PvP and be part of Facebook.  I'll give it a try :)!

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 12:19:34 AM

Played for about 30 minutes, loved it, definitely adding it to my daily gaming sessions. Now to sucker in some of my FB friends..

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 07:56:28 PM

Nothing loads when i hit the play button, the others work fine.

I am the .00000001428%
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 12:03:51 PM

Figures I go to try it and it's under maintenance.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 12:29:38 PM

It didn't really seem any different or better than other facebook games.

I am the .00000001428%
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 01:35:21 PM

Still wanting to try this...still cock-blocked behind corporate firewell because of game wanting to connect to a unique port.  Why can't this work like all the other FB games and just use a normal HTTP port?   swamp poop

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Deep Realms  
Jump to: