Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:12:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: So, I got coin locked today 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, I got coin locked today  (Read 20479 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 01:58:54 PM

Well, something had to go wrong i suppose. They were going along to well.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 09:36:34 AM

Just got coin locked again; did they reset it with the patch today or did I actually get compromised?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 24, 2011, 10:24:12 AM

Just got coin locked again; did they reset it with the patch today or did I actually get compromised?

I just logged in to check, and I am not coin locked.  Is this a different character than you normally play?  When the hotfix went in the other day, I logged in as my Guardian character, and undid the coin lock.  Then a few days later I logged in to my Defiant character(s) that had gotten hacked, and they were still coin locked from the hotfix.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 24, 2011, 12:28:13 PM

No, it was my cleric; the toon I'm usually on. Nothing was missing and I was still exactly where I logged out. Odd.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 24, 2011, 02:39:37 PM

Wait, getting coin locked puts a lock on each individual character, rather than the account?
That seems dumb. Entering the unlock code once should take care of all your toons.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 12:10:48 AM

Wait, getting coin locked puts a lock on each individual character, rather than the account?
That seems dumb. Entering the unlock code once should take care of all your toons.

Not on each individual character, no.  I'm not sure if it was per server, or per side.  I had 4 defiant characters on one server, which got hacked.  After putting in a ticket to get my plat backl, I rolled up a guardian on a different server.  The hotfix went in, and I unlocked the coin lock on the guardian character.  Two days later, I checked in on my defiant character to see what was up with my ticket.  When I logged in, it was coin locked.  The other defiant characters were also locked.  The guardian was not.  Once I undid the lock, all defiant characters were unlocked.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: March 26, 2011, 08:10:49 AM

On the topic of account theft, I have had zero contact with Rift (never registered for any beta/forums/game/fansite/whatever), yet I am getting mails from Trion Worlds Customer support. Apparently there has been suspicious activity on my account.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Also, these phishes are very convincing, I got a slew of wow-related ones and I had to go look up how to inspect the headers before I felt content that they were fake.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: March 26, 2011, 01:59:59 PM

I've never received a legit email from Blizzard where the topic was my account, so I can't say what their legit emails look like.

The last series of phishing mails that I got were written in passable english, but they gave themselves away in context. Threatening to ban my account permanently unless I click on the phishing link *right now* is not the sort of tactic that I'd expect from Blizzard. Especially if I'm reading the email on one monitor, and playing on my not-banned WoW account on the other :)

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Distinct
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 26, 2011, 03:41:05 PM

On the topic of account theft, I have had zero contact with Rift (never registered for any beta/forums/game/fansite/whatever), yet I am getting mails from Trion Worlds Customer support. Apparently there has been suspicious activity on my account.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Also, these phishes are very convincing, I got a slew of wow-related ones and I had to go look up how to inspect the headers before I felt content that they were fake.

Phishing mails as a metric for success ?   
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: So, I got coin locked today  
Jump to: