Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:13:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Mid-Level Pyromancer PvP 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mid-Level Pyromancer PvP  (Read 3027 times)
trias_e
Terracotta Army

on: March 07, 2011, 12:12:50 PM

Its a ton of fun, so I made a highlight video!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWfiygbXokM

Let me know if you have thoughts on playstyle improvements or different specs to try out as I level up.  Right now I do feel that mages are slightly weak at these levels, but as you can see I can still do pretty well for myself.

Other specs I'm interested in:  Can stormcaller be used in PvP effectively somehow?  Pyro/lock could also be absolutely lethal I think.  

Oh, and warning:  Features growly metal music.  If you can't stand that...feel free to mute it!  : D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 12:55:27 PM by trias_e »
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 09:52:11 PM

Nice video.  I would like to know how you got the buttons for the reactive abilities, or whatever they were, to pop up on screen like that.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 04:30:23 AM

Fun :)

I'm mostly playing as a pyro myself (with 8 points in dominator, and spares in archmage for my pvp build) - one thing I will say is that the BG play changes dramatically in the post 30 game. Time-to-kill goes waaay down, meaning you can't go toe to toe with melee classes like that any more. Flicker, and other anti CC, are your friend. Also, as a direct result of the lower TTK, healers seem much more vulnerable (especially with Dom toys like Priest's Lament).

Cadaverine - If you go into UI setup, you can move (and resize) your reactives window from its default position (which is just above the hotbar at the bottom iirc).
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 11:04:26 AM

One thing about pyros is that they have some pretty sick CC capability.  With 5 second disarm, 2 second AE stun, 5 second single target stun, thats a good amount of time you can disable a melee who is even up in your face.  But even at my bracket, if flicker and break free are both down, I often go splat real quick, undoubtedly. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Mid-Level Pyromancer PvP  
Jump to: