Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:36:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: EpicQuest: The Care and Imprisonment of Changelings 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EpicQuest: The Care and Imprisonment of Changelings  (Read 15457 times)
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

on: March 04, 2011, 08:57:23 PM

Sanctum quest.  Sounds like you need drops from the invasion bosses.  Anyone done this one yet?

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:15:02 AM by Quinton »
Luda
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 03:04:05 AM

Finally found out how to do this quest today.  You get the "Messenger of the Vigil Tear" from the very first npc next to the portal that you enter the world in from the starting area.  You just talk to them and they'll give you the item (their name is messenger of the vigil).

To kill Cinderon and Gnarladon... participate in major invasion events in Silverwood.  They are one of the major bosses at the end.  The bosses alternate.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 06:11:32 PM

To kill Cinderon and Gnarladon... participate in major invasion events in Silverwood.  They are one of the major bosses at the end.  The bosses alternate.

i.e. sit in silverwood for hours waiting for the proper invasion quest.  And by hours I mean every 2 hours there's a major typically, and it may or may not be the one you need.
Thankfully you no longer need to be in the proper raid to tag the boss though.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 07:54:52 AM

I believe there is a thing to buy from the Caretaker faction for planerite that can trigger the correct invasions.  I was browsing the faction vendor person and noticed two items limited to lvl 50 that seem to have something to do with triggering invasions. The vendor in question is in a room on 1st floor of the main sanctuary building on the left as you get to the middle, then in the back left corner.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 11:06:50 AM

I believe there is a thing to buy from the Caretaker faction for planerite that can trigger the correct invasions.  I was browsing the faction vendor person and noticed two items limited to lvl 50 that seem to have something to do with triggering invasions. The vendor in question is in a room on 1st floor of the main sanctuary building on the left as you get to the middle, then in the back left corner.

Those are for the raid rifts aren't they? the 10 player events?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 03:42:00 AM

A friend of mine is on it, and so far he said all the rewards are underwhelming. He's stubborn though, and expects the whole thing to be worthwhile in the end. Hnngggh...

Luda
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 07:05:49 AM

Yeah all of the rewards have basically been gold thus far.  I think the only reason I'm still trying to complete the chain is pure stubborness.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 12:03:16 PM

I am just at this point, starting last night. Being the completionist that I am, I may never get out of Silverwood.  I am 23 and still trying to run down every quest and achievement in Silverwood.  The artifacts completion may drive me batty though (I also wish they were like EQ2 collections and give you a small reward for each collection completed - no matter how small the reward).  So it looks like I will be camping these invasions for the next bit...
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 12:11:59 PM

(I also wish they were like EQ2 collections and give you a small reward for each collection completed - no matter how small the reward).  So it looks like I will be camping these invasions for the next bit...

You can turn in completed artifacts in Sanctum for a reward. At a minimum you get one 'Lucky Coin' each, which can be used to buy (cosmetic) companions and also a level 50 mount. Some of the sets will also give you additional rewards, usually gold or one of those Random Item Containers.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 12:22:56 PM

The rift collections give rep and minor rift rewards on top of exp and coin.

I am the .00000001428%
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 12:28:24 PM

(I also wish they were like EQ2 collections and give you a small reward for each collection completed - no matter how small the reward).  So it looks like I will be camping these invasions for the next bit...

You can turn in completed artifacts in Sanctum for a reward. At a minimum you get one 'Lucky Coin' each, which can be used to buy (cosmetic) companions and also a level 50 mount. Some of the sets will also give you additional rewards, usually gold or one of those Random Item Containers.

Ah sweet, I think I originally knew that, having visited that vendor.  I think I might be confusing them with achievements.  Thanks.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 11:53:40 AM

This epic quest line actually ends with killing greenscale and apparently rewards the best weapons in game.

I am the .00000001428%
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 12:20:48 PM

I was trying to go through the Silverwood portions - got to the point where you have to reveal the "Green Lady" in the Overwatch courtyard - except I couldn't solo her (actually I could, but not in the allotted time).  Plus there were to additional quests that sent me back to Realm of the Fae - but I was already 24 at that point  Ohhhhh, I see..  I am hoping the two RoTF quests are supplemental and not required to complete.  Haven't looked into it as I was a bit frustrated - as waiting for the invasion bosses took me quite a while.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 02:10:05 PM

I was trying to go through the Silverwood portions - got to the point where you have to reveal the "Green Lady" in the Overwatch courtyard - except I couldn't solo her (actually I could, but not in the allotted time).  Plus there were to additional quests that sent me back to Realm of the Fae - but I was already 24 at that point  Ohhhhh, I see..  I am hoping the two RoTF quests are supplemental and not required to complete.  Haven't looked into it as I was a bit frustrated - as waiting for the invasion bosses took me quite a while.

RotF is required.  Enjoy!

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 08:07:43 AM

I was probably 24 or so when I finally did RotF - it made it much easier.  Lots of trash in it.

I have yet to finish this quest too, and I just hit 50 yesterday.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 08:34:19 AM

This epic quest line actually ends with killing greenscale and apparently rewards the best weapons in game.

Only for Defiants, at the moment. The Guardian line stops and no one yet has figured out where to continue it.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 07:59:24 AM

So I finished this quest yesterday for the Defiant, it ends with you killing Greenscale.

Here are the rewards:

It's 0.2 dps higher than the best one handed weapon I've seen so far from GSB.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:00:55 AM by Draegan »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: EpicQuest: The Care and Imprisonment of Changelings  
Jump to: