Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:39:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Gripes, complaints and irritations. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gripes, complaints and irritations.  (Read 250709 times)
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: March 09, 2011, 01:20:21 PM

Okay now I have a new gripe, but it's just a weird one. Every time I log on my pally to mail something to my justicar the cooldown on my lay on hands has just popped. Everytime. It's like the motherfucker is using it offline just to bug me  awesome, for real

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: March 09, 2011, 01:24:12 PM

New peeve: broken quests. The phasing of the Whitefall dominated villagers exorcism quest was shifting randomly for me (had to rezone twice to switch into the phase with the dominated villagers), and the quest to kill Podovaxus in Droughtlands cannot be completed unless you have a spec that can burst ~1k damage (the quest mob goes immune to all damage at 800ish hp and blows up, but doesn't give quest credit). That quest is also a story quest, so you're locked out of the last half of Droughtlands. I could probably pick up an inquisitor spec and nuke him down now, but I don't feel like wading through the 5000 mobs surrounding him. Oh wells.

edit: related peeve - tons of spelling errors all over the place. I'm an ESL and I notice them all the time... use a spellchecker, c'mon!  awesome, for real

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #212 on: March 09, 2011, 01:26:45 PM

New peeve: broken quests. The phasing of the Whitefall dominated villagers exorcism quest was shifting randomly for me (had to rezone twice to switch into the phase with the dominated villagers), and the quest to kill Podovaxus in Droughtlands cannot be completed unless you have a spec that can burst ~1k damage (the quest mob goes immune to all damage at 800ish hp and blows up, but doesn't give quest credit). That quest is also a story quest, so you're locked out of the last half of Droughtlands. I could probably pick up an inquisitor spec and nuke him down now, but I don't feel like wading through the 5000 mobs surrounding him. Oh wells.

edit: related peeve - tons of spelling errors all over the place. I'm an ESL and I notice them all the time... use a spellchecker, c'mon!  awesome, for real

TIP: DoTs work on Podo. Hit him with every DoT you have before he reaches 800hp and then just watch him die. Quest completes after that.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: March 09, 2011, 01:31:27 PM

Yeah, I read the thread and that's where I got the inquisitor idea from (my two specs are healer and justicar tank, but I have a 3rd spec slot.. may as well put it to use). Maybe I'll do it one of those days, but I cleared the place about 4 times so far (including the time you go there on a quest from whitefall to get the item from the dude on the top of the hill), so not feeling it atm.

WayAbvPar

Reply #214 on: March 09, 2011, 03:34:58 PM

Ash's post about mailing stuff to his alt made me think of another gripe- mailing stuff is EXPENSIVE. Especially at low levels, when you are less likely to have enough bag room to be able to stash stuff like crafted items. I went to send some crafted greens to a guildie to RB- didn't ask for compensation, but then it cost me several gold to send on top of eating the mat cost. I am gonna just list stuff for cheap on the AH to clear my bags out now, or hand it to people in person.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #215 on: March 09, 2011, 05:15:48 PM

Okay now I have a new gripe, but it's just a weird one. Every time I log on my pally to mail something to my justicar the cooldown on my lay on hands has just popped. Everytime. It's like the motherfucker is using it offline just to bug me  awesome, for real

Man, I thought I was seeing things, but my pally LOH does the same fucking thing.  I'm bugging it next time I log in.  For someone who plays for 3-4 20min periods a day, its awfully inconvenient. 
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: March 09, 2011, 05:52:12 PM

You're saying Paladins use lay on hands when no one is watching? Ohhhhh, I see.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: March 09, 2011, 06:18:54 PM

A) I don't have a DPS spec.

B) I get a battle rez, although I need a few more levels

C) If we're all wiping that often, we've got other issues to sort out

Do you not understand the value of having a spec that can ress someone after a wipe? Then go back to whatever spec you were using before?  I'm just going to go ahead and say you don't and leave this alone.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #218 on: March 09, 2011, 06:34:27 PM

You're saying Paladins use lay on hands when no one is watching? Ohhhhh, I see.

Dirty birdy's.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: March 09, 2011, 07:24:15 PM

It's better then using it while everybody is looking. Besides, my paladin hasn't picked up any of that flasher trenchcoat leather yet.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #220 on: March 10, 2011, 05:42:56 AM

On a topical gripe note: any the hell are their patch notes vague as all hell?

"we changed X in some way" Yeah, great. Tell me what you actually did, damnit.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: March 10, 2011, 09:47:38 PM

My character has no torso.

Also that is with helmet turned off.

This is of course all my fault, there was a mis-itemized PvP reward available at Kain's Landing, where for some reason what should have been a plate hat was instead a plate chestpiece. I could hardly pass up the opportunity, and I have been rewarded for my keen eye for bargains with a ghostly torso and remarkably exposed underwear. Plus a unicorn hat that I am actually wearing on my chest, which I guess explains why I cannot toggle off the graphic.

Sadly, turning off hide helmet does not give me double-hat-models.

Actual gripe, while I'm here: items in this game, at least so far, are dead boring. I am getting pretty tired of replacing one green piece of armour with another green piece of armour with identical stat bonuses and slightly higher numbers. Or a blue piece of armour that has one 'special bonus' (+physical crit or +attack power) and is otherwise completely uninteresting except that it will need to be replaced a few levels later. Only the proc-based planar essences seem to add the slightest dimension to a character, and you only get one and even there it's usually just 'a bit more of the same.'

I remain somewhat baffled that with all the Diablo-clone games out there ably demonstrating how much more fun loot can be, most MMOs (that I have played) can't seem to get past this ultra-conservative approach to items. Especially for sub-cap items, where balance is hardly going to be as big an issue because even a really snazzy item is going to get replaced pretty soon -- and getting to level 20% faster for a few levels due to some killer item synergy is pretty much a win all around.

AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: March 11, 2011, 07:11:07 AM

I wish it didn't let you pick up artifacts you already have. Getting so many duplicates has been a bit annoying.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: March 11, 2011, 07:12:31 AM

Running debuff still in the game, seriously ...fuck that debuff.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: March 11, 2011, 07:42:41 AM

I wish it didn't let you pick up artifacts you already have. Getting so many duplicates has been a bit annoying.

I wish there was a guild bank so that you could give me all your duplicate artifacts.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: March 11, 2011, 07:58:12 AM

That's what the mail is for. I have an elaborate alt-artifact-mailing chain set up.

Though to be honest I wish stuff like artifacts/collections was account- or at least server-wide. It gets really tedious when your alt is picking up an artifact and you have to guess whether or not your main needs it or not.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: March 11, 2011, 08:20:36 AM

I'm close to completing all the Freemarch artifacts, so I've been making a killing on the AH selling spare artifacts.  However, a guild bank would be really nice, if I were in a guild.  A shared bank, or even just a few slots a la EQ2, would also be nice, given the cost of mailing things.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: March 11, 2011, 08:24:54 AM

I'm close to completing all the Freemarch artifacts, so I've been making a killing on the AH selling spare artifacts.  However, a guild bank would be really nice, if I were in a guild.  A shared bank, or even just a few slots a la EQ2, would also be nice, given the cost of mailing things.

From a business perspective, I can clearly see why a guild bank would be something I'd avoid as a developer.  They create CSR nightmares.  When an account gets hacked, the first thing compromised is the guild bank.  Without it, you isolate losses to a single account which must be easier to track and remedy.  Having to pour over the in/out log on a guild bank would suck. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: March 11, 2011, 08:32:20 AM

From a business perspective, I can clearly see why a guild bank would be something I'd avoid as a developer.  They create CSR nightmares.  When an account gets hacked, the first thing compromised is the guild bank.  Without it, you isolate losses to a single account which must be easier to track and remedy.  Having to pour over the in/out log on a guild bank would suck. 

Good point.  Maybe an intra-guild mail system where you can mail things to guildmates for free, then.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: March 11, 2011, 01:15:45 PM

I guess these flying, out of your reach, mobs might count as slight irritations.

edit: also, while trying to run away from superman mob here, I managed to fall down into a higher level zone. Great preview, rather fast ending.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:20:52 PM by lac »
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: March 12, 2011, 01:56:36 PM

Apparently the whole any class can do anything! Mantra being bantered about is pretty but not wholly accurate. It seems cleric tanks are not end-game tanks and rogue tanks are too glitchy to even know if they are good or not.

So you have

~Warrior= tank/dps  no heals

~Rogue dps/tank?/Buff class,cannot main heal

~Cleric dps/heals/pre-50 tank

~Mage dps/heals

Seems like 2/4 are healers and 2/4 are tanks with all 4 being dps.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: March 12, 2011, 02:30:21 PM

Apparently you are talking out your ass again.

I am the .00000001428%
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: March 12, 2011, 03:23:08 PM

Share with the class then.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: March 12, 2011, 03:29:23 PM

Even if your numbers are right, that's still a better percent of classes that can tank/heal than WoW so what's your problem?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: March 12, 2011, 03:37:42 PM

Wasted potential, when I first started the game the thought of any base 'class' being any role in a group was awesome, incredible versatility and all that. However that's not what you get, you get four choices choices. Heal/dps, dps/heal, tank/dps, dps/tank in comparison to wow you can actually do all three roles with druids or paladins.

Think about this for a second, how many defensive souls does the warrior have? 4 tanking souls, four dps ones. Is that totally necessary? Couldn't they have given void knight to mages? Would have made a ton of sense and varied things up a bit. Maybe make paladin a viable healing soul for warriors.

Again, they are playing it safe, not deviating too much and I'm forced to ask, why?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: March 12, 2011, 03:49:00 PM

Share with the class then.

Rogues and clerics tank just fine, clerics might actually be the best tanks atm and rogues just got their teleports patched yesterday or the day before to not fall through the world so much.

I am the .00000001428%
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: March 12, 2011, 03:51:38 PM

Is this endgame 5mans? Raiding? All reports I get on my server say no to clerics as main tanks and I dont know about rogues still not being glitchy, havent seen em yet.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: March 12, 2011, 03:56:02 PM

We have cleric and rogue tanks in our guild, i'm not 50 yet but they are running expert dungeons every night.  Also nobody EVER said every class could do every role, that is just your own retardation.

I am the .00000001428%
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: March 12, 2011, 04:23:44 PM

I never said that Trion said that every class could do everything but don't try and bullshit me and say that wasn't the general sentiment of players at the start.  Why can't they? with such a robust soul system they are still shoehorning people into tighter class roles, why CANT bards be good enough to main heal?

Ok that aside,  expert(heroic) dungeons are nice but they aren't raids and in the end that's all that most people care about. Can clerics and rogues tank raids? maybe? I dont know but i hear the answer is no. It sounds like clerics can tank like vanilla wow bear druids could tank IE, good enough but still rather have a warrior.

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: March 12, 2011, 05:07:01 PM

Greenscale, the dragon of life and end boss of the first raid instance, was tanked by a Rogue riftstalker tank when he was first killed. Because they are better tanks on that fight. They take less damage than warriors.

I think that should end the discussion surely?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: March 12, 2011, 05:39:24 PM

Anyone know how to turn down the annoying wind background sound shit without muting the rest of the game? It's most present in Meridian and Freemarch; none of the sliders except Master Volume seem to do anything about it.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: March 12, 2011, 07:31:03 PM

Actually, because this game doesn't have an auto join LFD, unfortunately preconceived ideas about tanks and healers, become de facto reality. If I am a Cleric tank, and I am spamming chat but no one will take me, because they think Cleric tanks suck, then I essentially can't tank.

That being said, I'm not freaking out yet until most of the population gets to 50, and tries shit out (myself included). I have hope that any class with the option can tank (or heal) right now, but if it turns out to me a mirage, then ya /uninstall.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #242 on: March 12, 2011, 11:51:46 PM

Anyone know how to turn down the annoying wind background sound shit without muting the rest of the game? It's most present in Meridian and Freemarch; none of the sliders except Master Volume seem to do anything about it.

UI volume.  I messed with everything until I could get rid of that damn wind.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: March 13, 2011, 10:16:28 AM

Apparently the whole any class can do anything! Mantra being bantered about is pretty but not wholly accurate. It seems cleric tanks are not end-game tanks and rogue tanks are too glitchy to even know if they are good or not.

So you have

~Warrior= tank/dps  no heals

~Rogue dps/tank?/Buff class,cannot main heal

~Cleric dps/heals/pre-50 tank

~Mage dps/heals

Seems like 2/4 are healers and 2/4 are tanks with all 4 being dps.

Rogues and clerics can tank in the end game.  Roguea were never meant to main heal.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: March 14, 2011, 06:30:57 AM

Gripe: Scrolling combat text scrolls at the monster, which often renders it off-screen... would prefer it scroll at character so I can get a feel for what abilities are doing/proccing.  Again, sensible modding would remove this from a busy developer plate.

Comment: I rather wish they had done a better job thinking through the 3rd role for all the archetypes (plus a better job overall of thinking through all the Roles across all the archetypes)... I'm not agreeing with Lakov that I experience this as some sort of lie/deception on the part of Trion - on the whole I find the scheme liberating, especially when compared directly to WoW.  Rather, when I try to build Bards and Chloromancers I am struck by the lack of options to really excel at the runt-Role they've given us.  More of an opportunity missed than a positive failure.  Perhaps it will be remedied over time.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Gripes, complaints and irritations.  
Jump to: