Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:32:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Gripes, complaints and irritations. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gripes, complaints and irritations.  (Read 250693 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: March 07, 2011, 05:54:46 AM

Are you rifting?  I'm nowhere near those levels because I'm running a bunch of alts, but I find that if I don't participate in rifts I lag behind.  A lot. 

At level 35, I'm doing mostly quests and no dungeons.  I hit rifts if they're in my path or if it's an invasion.  So far, I'm doing level 36-37 quests and haven't run out of content.

Droughtlands the mobs actually patrol the roads... Ohhhhh, I see.

I ran through the level 40 snow zone (Iron something?) to turn in a crafting quest yesterday.  The mobs do patrol the roads.  It was fun trying to get to the portal town at level 35. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #141 on: March 07, 2011, 06:17:02 AM

At certain points you can get quests in your hometown that portal you to the new zone. Bu it's certainly possible to run through +20 mobs with some luck and skill and get there on your own.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: March 07, 2011, 06:46:54 AM

Keep getting gold spam mail from the same guy.  Been reporting his mails for 3 days.

I am the .00000001428%
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: March 07, 2011, 07:58:11 AM

Keep getting gold spam mail from the same guy.  Been reporting his mails for 3 days.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: March 07, 2011, 08:14:03 AM

That sounds about right; I was doing OK when I could find dungeon groups but I haven't seen one that needs DPS in ~5 levels.

Really strange complain considering every calling can do one of the "useful" roles very well and 2nd role cost like 30 gold (3d one is not expensive either). Rogues can tank, mages can  main heal.  And  clerics can dps heal and tank
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: March 07, 2011, 08:23:45 AM

Really strange complain considering every calling can do one of the "useful" roles very well and 2nd role cost like 30 gold (3d one is not expensive either). Rogues can tank, mages can  main heal.  And  clerics can dps heal and tank

Why does it surprise you that people are stuck in the traditional MMO mindset?  I play a cleric.  No one (I repeat NO ONE) wants a cleric for a dungeon run to do anything but heal.  The only way you get to play a non-traditional role is to play with a) friends or b) people desperate for another body.  

I wish I had a dollar for every time in a rift invasion that I got tell spammed because someone in my group died.  They see cleric and think cleric = healer.  While my cleric can heal during a fight, it's nothing in comparison to the healing I can do when I purposely play my healing spec.

I'm hoping that people will realize that this isn't a typical cookie-cutter game when more hit or approach the level cap.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 08:35:42 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: March 07, 2011, 08:47:21 AM

Or don't talk about class when you respond/create an LFG post on chat channels.  Someone looking for a tank?  Hey, that's me.  I don't say "I'm a rogue/cleric, want me to come?", I say "I'll tank that" and proceed to do so.

Although I think having the names of classes be so 'typical' was a mistake on Trion's part.  They shouldn't have had 'warrior, cleric, rogue, and mage' as their callings, they should have made up entirely new names that didn't have preconceptions tied to them.  "Cleric" doesn't even make sense Defiant side, since Defiant 'clerics' get their power from spirits and pacts with non-deity entities, and are wholly different from 'clerics'.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #147 on: March 07, 2011, 09:16:14 AM

The raid frames support different colored names depending on if one is healer, tank, melee dps, ranged dps - they *should* differentiate between cleric roles, too. 
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: March 07, 2011, 09:35:32 AM

The raid frames support different colored names depending on if one is healer, tank, melee dps, ranged dps - they *should* differentiate between cleric roles, too. 
They do, but not in a particularly clear or obvious way... I can hardly distinguish between some of the colors they picked, and I can't remember if blue or pink is the healer color.  Another area where sensible modding would do wonders for their game.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: March 07, 2011, 09:38:04 AM

Pink is bards, in my experience.  Blue is healers.  Yellow is DPS, and orange is tank.  I like how bards are special enough to get a color of their own.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: March 07, 2011, 09:43:02 AM

Really strange complain considering every calling can do one of the "useful" roles very well and 2nd role cost like 30 gold (3d one is not expensive either). Rogues can tank, mages can  main heal.  And  clerics can dps heal and tank
I'm hesitant to tank a zone I've never done before, and as a Rogue that's my only other option. I'm also already using my second role to have a real DPS spec, since my main is that leveling build Draegan posted somewhere around here; it's bad DPS since it relies heavily on dodging attacks.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #151 on: March 07, 2011, 09:45:54 AM

Heh, tanked RotF and I haven't tanked anything since early BC in WoW.  How I did was..  awesome, for real

Wouldn't even a DPS grinding spec be good enough for DPS for a leveling dungeon?  I don't think anyone's going to pull out the meters and vote kick you.

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: March 07, 2011, 09:51:22 AM

does this game even allow for addons? I hate to compare to wow but to me having a moddable game is probably essential to long term player retention these days. I can't think of anyone who doesn't use at least one mod in their wow.

Rasix

Reply #153 on: March 07, 2011, 10:16:33 AM

There's 3rd party log analyzers. But otherwise, nope.

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: March 07, 2011, 10:31:09 AM

It seems not such a big deal at first but something tells me this is a bigger mistake than most realize.

Rasix

Reply #155 on: March 07, 2011, 10:34:40 AM

I could use a bag mod, that's for sure.

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: March 07, 2011, 11:01:52 AM

Pink is bards, in my experience.  Blue is healers.  Yellow is DPS, and orange is tank.  I like how bards are special enough to get a color of their own.

Yellow is ranged dps, brown is melee dps, but at that point the color differentiation doesn't matter.  I suspect archons and dominators would show up in pink also, but no one rolls full archon or dominator far as I can tell, whereas every rogue on the planet has a bard spec.  I could unlock my last role tonight and test it though I suppose.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: March 07, 2011, 11:02:42 AM

Yeah, I really do think it's a big deal.  Long-term, the auction interface is going to be a major annoyance to me.  It's already somewhat irritating, but if I can never use features like seeing a price history/average price of an item over a long period and such things, I'm not going to want to participate because I certainly don't have the time or inclination to keep notes on this shit, which means one less thing to do in game.  Also means I likely won't make much money, so being 'poor' will be a source of frustration and another potential cause to quit.

Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: March 07, 2011, 11:05:42 AM

speaking of the auction interface...it's got a lot of issues. My main complaint though is when searching for things like the collectibles, I can't sort ones I already learned from ones I still need. Probably doesn't help some artifacts are used in multiple collections.

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: March 07, 2011, 11:09:37 AM

Yeah, I just noticed there is not a <usable> check box filter.

On the other hand, I can confirm that you can <shift> right-click on an item in your inventory to get a list of all current auctions of that item... which is better than the default WoW interface, and mildly helpful - even if it won't help Koyasha build a mercantile empire.

edit:forgot the shift.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:33:14 AM by March »
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: March 07, 2011, 11:11:29 AM

Pink is bards, in my experience.  Blue is healers.  Yellow is DPS, and orange is tank.  I like how bards are special enough to get a color of their own.

Mage Archons will be pink as well.  Possibly full Warlords, but I haven't been grouped with a heavy Warlord yet.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: March 07, 2011, 11:25:50 AM

Yeah, I just noticed there is not a <usable> check box filter.

On the other hand, I can confirm that you can right-click on an item in your inventory to get a list of all current auctions of that item... which is better than the default WoW interface, and mildly helpful - even if it won't help Koyasha build a mercantile empire.
That's quite helpful, at least.  I was complaining that I don't get an automatic search when I want to sell something, and I have to manually search, so that'll take some of the annoyance away.  But a long-term price history is really important still.

Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: March 07, 2011, 12:02:33 PM

Mage Archons will be pink as well.  Possibly full Warlords, but I haven't been grouped with a heavy Warlord yet.

Warlords are orange, I was playing a full one in beta.  They're a full tank class in their own right, despite also being a buffer/debuffer.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: March 07, 2011, 12:19:00 PM

•Red = tank
•Purple = support (typically Bard)
•Blue = Healer
•Yellow = Ranged DPS
•Brown = Melee DPS

The reason why you almost only see pink as bards as very few people play archons as primary spec or the warrior support varient.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: March 07, 2011, 12:22:48 PM

The color coding falls apart in some places like my char is a reaver > riftblade dps and gets flagged as tank even though i do ridiculous dps and have taken no tanking talents.

Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: March 07, 2011, 12:24:30 PM

I wish I had a dollar for every time in a rift invasion that I got tell spammed because someone in my group died.  They see cleric and think cleric = healer.  While my cleric can heal during a fight, it's nothing in comparison to the healing I can do when I purposely play my healing spec.

I'm hoping that people will realize that this isn't a typical cookie-cutter game when more hit or approach the level cap.

To be fair I am also annoyed when people do not switch specs when needed. I ran a few dungeon runs with me tanking (rogue), chloro(mage) main healed and cleric doing melee dps (shaman)- i have no problem with this. Problem is when I ask mage or warrior to rez and they tell me they dont have it specced. Seriously? Out of 4 frigging roles you couldn't find spot for one role to do that before joining instance group?

Or in WF, clerics doings dps. I get it  you have dps role. But it also looks like  we dont have any damn heals ,so please be nice switch roles. Because I frigging do- if I need tank or off heal(bard) or run flag(rs/bard) , I go and switch roles . Dont be #$% and dont dps as a cleric when there is shortage of heals

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #166 on: March 07, 2011, 12:41:45 PM

To be fair I am also annoyed when people do not switch specs when needed. I ran a few dungeon runs with me tanking (rogue), chloro(mage) main healed and cleric doing melee dps (shaman)- i have no problem with this. Problem is when I ask mage or warrior to rez and they tell me they dont have it specced. Seriously? Out of 4 frigging roles you couldn't find spot for one role to do that before joining instance group?

Or in WF, clerics doings dps. I get it  you have dps role. But it also looks like  we dont have any damn heals ,so please be nice switch roles. Because I frigging do- if I need tank or off heal(bard) or run flag(rs/bard) , I go and switch roles . Dont be #$% and dont dps as a cleric when there is shortage of heals

Well, it depends on the level as it pertains to how many roles you can feasibly have. 2 at the first dungeon level should be standard... but almost 4p for the third role will have to just wait.  awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: March 07, 2011, 12:51:57 PM

I'm playing a lvl 20 Justicar/Shaman/Druid, because I like tanky-type holy characters.  I don't WANT another role at the moment.  If I do decide to make one, it'll be DPS.

The cleric is not your healing bitch.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: March 07, 2011, 12:58:31 PM

Which is why their system really does require every archetype to be able to perform every role... that way you can have 100% circular slap-fights... you heal, no you, no you, no him, no you.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: March 07, 2011, 01:09:33 PM

Dont be #$% and dont dps as a cleric when there is shortage of heals

Want to be 100% certain that you get heals when you need them?  Roll a healing cleric.  Just because someone is playing a healing capable class does not make them your healing bitch.

-  Mark Twain
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #170 on: March 07, 2011, 01:11:36 PM

Seems like it would be easy to allow players to set their raid frame text color for each role they choose, so if someone wants to play dps in a tank spec (as the system allows) then they could be properly listed as such. 
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: March 07, 2011, 02:29:17 PM

Seems like it would be easy to allow players to set their raid frame text color for each role they choose, so if someone wants to play dps in a tank spec (as the system allows) then they could be properly listed as such. 

It actually shows this way (healers are blue whether mage or cleric, dps is yellow) . My main main gripe is in  WFs you get for example a team with 4 clerics which total do whopping 10k heals combined. Meanwhile enemy team has clerics doing over 80k heals. Guess which team wins? I cant exactly balance it with bard either as it can not work as primary healer no  matter the spec.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: March 07, 2011, 02:31:27 PM

It actually shows this way (healers are blue whether mage or cleric, dps is yellow) . My main main gripe is in  WFs you get for example a team with 4 clerics which total do whopping 10k heals combined. Meanwhile enemy team has clerics doing over 80k heals. Guess which team wins? I cant exactly balance it with bard either as it can not work as primary healer no  matter the spec.
Roll a healer; the problem is you.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: March 07, 2011, 02:37:28 PM

The problem is the healer spec being used, and the team's approach to healers.

I have plenty of fights where I am the healer, and I'm being focused by three riftblades the second I cast anything. While when watching the fight, I'm the only person even as much as lobbing a silence at their healer.

One of the reasons bards are so popular as a pvp healer is that they don't have the stress of "who do I heal" or "oh crap, do I cast this heal or that heal and what's the status of my regen cooldowns!"

They're just AE heal everything, and the only cooldown to give a shit about is Virtuoso (which is the overpowered button of the century <3 <3)
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: March 07, 2011, 02:54:58 PM

Roll a healer; the problem is you.

Nope. problem it puts people like you or nebu  in same WF as me. WTB rated WF
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Gripes, complaints and irritations.  
Jump to: