Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:08:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: No Reservations 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Reservations  (Read 1150 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

on: March 01, 2011, 07:09:35 AM

2011 Season debuted last night with Tony going to Haiti. It was...surreal, and nothing like what I was expecting. There's a moment in the show that was very poignant when Tony is eating in the streets with one of his guides, surrounded by children who haven't eaten in days. When he decides to buy them all food, it turns into a shoving melee to get at the offerings.

As he put it, "Hungry people started acting like hungry people. The strong dominate the weak. Like many well intentioned aid efforts, we thought with our hearts instead of our heads, and it all went to shit."

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 06:54:55 AM

Hmm, I guess nobody watches this show. I figured with the Top Chef thing yall would be into this. I highly recommend it if you haven't checked out the new season as Tony's going to some cool places. Plus in this one, Sean Penn shows up and actually impresses you with not being a celebrity douche. He's actually a cool humanitarian who lives what he preaches, which is refreshingly crazy.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 06:56:30 AM

Out of all the travel and food shows, I do like his and will watch it if I find it while channel surfing. He has a humbleness and realness that I enjoy.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 07:08:14 AM

Out of all the travel and food shows, I do like his and will watch it if I find it while channel surfing. He has a humbleness and realness that I enjoy.

Previous seasons are up on Netflix, too.  :)  Great stuff.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 03:18:38 AM

I've loved previous seasons of the show. I just haven't been able to watch this episode yet, so no commentary.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: No Reservations  
Jump to: