Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:51:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: PVP-RP Option 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PVP-RP Option  (Read 10536 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

on: February 23, 2011, 08:55:44 AM

For anyone who would like a little more PVP action than the Bat Country server is offering is welcome to come over to the PVP-RP server, Sunrest, and join up with my crew.

Dread Guard

We are playing Guardian side.

Currently planning on RP-lite. Several of the f13 people have come over. So, the option is there is anyone is interested.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:51:59 AM

I'm still seriously torn on this.
Btw, PvP is only non-consensual after lvl 20 right?  <lvl20 you're safe.

Also, I read somewhere that the NPCs are weaker and the wardstones aren't indestructible on PVP servers.  This true?

Lastly, if I punk out and want to go back to PvE... is this possible?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:29:12 AM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 11:04:50 AM

Can you kill the opposing faction's merchants and quest givers?  That and spawn camping would probably turn me off the most. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 11:06:44 AM

It might be good if we can have some idea of what the PvP would be like on the PvP servers versus the PvE server options, e.g. battlegrounds, arena or what have you. 
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 02:15:16 PM

As far as I know, its the same as the PVP rulesets in WoW.

So far the Guardian community on Sunrest has been great. Here is a link to the server forum. Sunrest Realm Forum.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 03:08:16 PM

I may glom on with you guys for a bit on the PvP server and see how things go.  I usually play PvE, but I may want to change it up a bit.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 03:17:52 PM

Problem is, you wont get the feel of it until after lvl 20.  Granted, you can hit lvl 20 in a single long evening.

edit:
phuck it, I'm rollin PvP with you guys this time.  Tbh, the devs admitted the game was really built with PvP in mind and PvE was in truth the 'afterthought.'  So why fight it?
And the potential gameplay with rifts, invasions, npcs, etc. is too much to pass up on an open-pvp server.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:26:32 PM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 06:19:25 PM

Yeah, leveling in this game seems pretty fast, so if anyone ends up not liking a PVP server, its not a huge investment to reroll from level 20-25 or so.
Feverdream
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 10:46:24 PM

<<Tbh, the devs admitted the game was really built with PvP in mind and PvE was in truth the 'afterthought.' >>

Is it possible for you to dig up the source on this?  I'd love to see it.

I'm torn about the game, mostly because I just don't see any difference at low levels between Rift and a WoW PvP server.  But i the devs honestly did build the game with PvP in mind, that could sway me just because I'll have more optimism regarding its future.  I was thinking it was just going to be another WoW -- mostly a raiding game, with instanced PvP as an add-on.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 09:50:33 AM

If pvp becomes too much of a drag for me, I'll just roll a new character on a pve server.  It's not like it's a grindy game to level on.

Meanwhile, I'll be on Sunrest guardian.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 09:59:20 AM

If pvp becomes too much of a drag for me, I'll just roll a new character on a pve server.  It's not like it's a grindy game to level on.

Meanwhile, I'll be on Sunrest guardian.

Let us know if you want a guild invite. Might be nice to have people to talk to, and group with.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 10:21:10 AM

I'm leaning more towards the PVP option, so I'll jump on sunrest. from what I'm reading however seems like it will be impossible to log on anytime soon.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 10:36:51 AM

I made Kandystriper, a cleric puri/sent/(will go warden).

But I was told upon entering that my files were corrupted so I'm currently downloading a 15 minute patch.  I'll be back in a few.

I'll be back in TWO HOURS!?! How could they not know how many servers they'd need off the bat, good lord.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 10:46:21 AM by Xanthippe »
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 10:51:28 AM

Strangely enough this reminds me a lot of WoW's launch. Get disconnected, 2 hour Q etc... there is a hilarious amount of QQ on the official forums about this.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 09:15:11 AM

I'll look for you on Sunrest.

My ded-sexy female Malthosian rogue is "Syndarella". (Wasn't feeling particularly creative at moment of choosing a name.)

She's borderline shy/wild, likes flaming rifts, leather pants, long rides by the beach, sticking people with arrows in Black Garden, and cuddly plush sea creature pets.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 12:13:13 PM

Just FYI, the queue for Sunrest seems to be holding at around 15 to 20 minutes all morning. Probably will get worse in prime time, but this is way better than yesterdays 5-7 hour queues.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 02:52:11 PM

If you type /join F13 that's an easy way to connect in game - our own chat channel.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 07:58:49 PM

That's not cross server, is it?
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 08:28:42 AM

Unfortunately no.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 01:55:05 PM

Well, it may eventually change, but right now queue for Sunrest at peak times is regularly running at 2.5 hours.  swamp poop

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
WayAbvPar

Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 08:47:03 AM

This sounds intriguing- the only way I would possibly play it would be on a PvP server, so now you have presented me with a dilemma. I really should get at least one of my WoW characters to 85 before I fuck off though  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 09:01:23 AM

This sounds intriguing- the only way I would possibly play it would be on a PvP server, so now you have presented me with a dilemma. I really should get at least one of my WoW characters to 85 before I fuck off though  awesome, for real

So far its been pretty good. Had a few people scared off by the queue, but it seems to be getting less and less every day. I think that in a weekish, it should settle down to a very slight queue. Although I have a feeling its going to be nasty tomorrow for release day.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 09:58:52 AM

Well, it may eventually change, but right now queue for Sunrest at peak times is regularly running at 2.5 hours.  swamp poop

Yeah, this is the killer for me right now.  So PvE it is.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 02:16:39 PM

So far there has been no queue yet today. Yeah, I know its early, but still. I wonder if they upped the server caps, because right now not a single server has a queue. Even Briarcliff which usually has a twice as long queue as any other server.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 02:50:44 PM

So far there has been no queue yet today. Yeah, I know its early, but still. I wonder if they upped the server caps, because right now not a single server has a queue. Even Briarcliff which usually has a twice as long queue as any other server.

4.50pm Central time, per http://www.riftgame.com/en/status/index.php, there are queues on:

Sunrest 122
Seastone 153
Deepstrike 200
Briarcliff 102

It's just going to be this way for a while. At least they moved very quickly on providing server status with queue numbers.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 07:39:51 PM

This is because they shut down the servers 3 times today.  At restart, obviously the pop. wont be that high.
(it's down again right now actually)

WayAbvPar

Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 08:26:48 AM

Made the mistake of starting to read the SA thread about this game...4 hours later I was on Lotham making a Rogue and joining Goon Squad. Don't tell my wife!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 02:52:51 PM

I think I joined the wrong guild.  I thought Morfiend was playing under Murv, not Morv.

Oops.

Is Dread Guard looking for members?
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 10:34:01 PM

I think I joined the wrong guild.  I thought Morfiend was playing under Murv, not Morv.

Oops.

Is Dread Guard looking for members?

You are welcome to join us. Hit me up under Morv or Morven.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: PVP-RP Option  
Jump to: