Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:52:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Arthur - - Russell Brand & Jennifer Garner 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arthur - - Russell Brand & Jennifer Garner  (Read 2821 times)
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

on: February 11, 2011, 02:24:00 PM

Arthur (2011) HD Official Trailer - Russell Brand & Jennifer Garner

Was looking forward to this, a constantly drunk, rich Russell Brand, I mean how could you go wrong?

Trailer is meh, couple of funny lines but bad sign when I'm distracted by a magnetic bed.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 02:50:53 PM

Batman bit seemed funny but... I'm really not sure why Russell Brand doesn't work for this role. Drunken manchild would seem to be the perfect role for him, I think maybe I just don't buy him striking out on his own in a convincing way. Then again maybe the trailer just isn't selling it well, I'll wait for the reviews and see if he is as flat as he seems.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 03:20:04 PM

Thoroughly meh.  No possible way to be compared to the original.  It's just a quintessentially 80's movie that doesn't translate to modern times at all.  The original isn't even that good.  The only selling point is Dudley Moore.  So it's like, here's Russel Brand in the same role Moore already did pretty well at in a totally mediocre film.  Why do I want to see this?

AKA Gyoza
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 03:25:48 PM

I'm the Musashi on this. I saw glimpses of Moore's Arthur in Brand here and there, but the rest of the movie was just a mess... even more than the original Arthur. I think of Russell as the messy part of any movie he has been in, but this movie, he might just be the only thing that fits. Love Helen, but not here... not like this.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 11:33:23 PM

No. No. No no no no no.

Just... fucking... no.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 11:52:22 PM

The only selling point is Dudley Moore. 

You misspelled John Gielgud.

This does look like a total mess.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 03:37:27 AM

No. No. No no no no no.

Just... fucking... no.

And to add....Jennifer Garner? I thought she had her acting license taken away following Daredevil/Elektra.

Bleh.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 04:51:56 AM

Ugh.... Russel Brand  Ohhhhh, I see.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 11:00:44 AM

And to add....Jennifer Garner? I thought she had her acting license taken away following Daredevil/Elektra.

Bleh.

I thought she was a man in drag.  Talk about some serious man face. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 08:27:30 AM

Yeah that too.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 08:39:08 AM

I think she'd be less nasty if her job didn't require her to be a skeleton.  I'd like to think possibly even attractive.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 10:31:35 PM

I've recently been watching Alias and Jennifer Garner is extremely cute in that. Something has made her face sort of harden over the intervening years though.

As for this movie, I kept waiting for the Liza Minelli analogue since I remember Arthur as 1 part drunken rich idiot and 1 part poor girl who helps him fix his life.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 01:02:16 PM

Lack of a proper diet and botox/whatever du jure surgery i would imagine.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Arthur - - Russell Brand & Jennifer Garner  
Jump to: