Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:30:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl Community Content Pack -- fancier skins! new beards for dwarves! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl Community Content Pack -- fancier skins! new beards for dwarves!  (Read 9140 times)
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

on: February 11, 2011, 06:06:35 AM

So as I mentioned over in the Feeder League thread, I recently downloaded the Community Content Pack from over at the Cyanide forums, and it's pretty sweet. It's primarily new skins, but there's also some new dwarven beards and a general improvement to the face textures. I'm particularly fond of the wider variety of colours for Lizardmen and Skaven teams -- but as the screenshots in that thread show, you can also finally give your Witch Elf the tramp stamp she so desperately deserves.

In terms of installation I just followed the instructions in the post -- minus the suggestion to back up your 3d folder, since the thing is like 4 gigs. I just extracted the RAR directly into the Data\3d folder, said 'yes' when it warned me about possibly overwriting files, and so far I haven't had any problems.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 01:44:59 PM

Bumping this because I just downloaded it and it is in fact pretty cool.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 02:34:35 PM

since its just textures i  guess it doesnt change anything else? does it change both teams or just the one your playing with on MP?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 03:11:45 PM

I gather if both people have the pack installed you see the other team 'correctly'.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 03:33:13 PM

It changes the other team as well on some occasions, depending on how many skins the pack added and how they were ordered. Since it actually replaces the textures, then say a Saurus whose coach selected skin 3/4 in the regular game will now show up on your machine as having selected 3/9 -- which may be a completely different skin, or it may be the same one.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 07:41:32 AM

Just putting this back up at the top because people are thinking about making new teams for season 5.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 07:47:12 AM

The one thing I wish they'd removed from this pack is that damn Norse-flavored snowed over field. It's a bitch to read the chat text on that thing.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 08:49:44 AM

I was just thinking that in my game against Iain.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 10:56:06 AM

Really I wish I could just pick the farm field for every game that matters.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 01:47:11 PM

The one thing I wish they'd removed from this pack is that damn Norse-flavored snowed over field. It's a bitch to read the chat text on that thing.

You may already be aware of this, but you can set the 'minimum opacity' of the chat window in the Settings somewhere, which helps a whole lot when playing on the snow-field.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 01:21:44 AM

Really I wish I could just pick the farm field for every game that matters.

You can easily do that by copying the farm field directory over all of the other field directories (each field is distinguished by a number, you can look and see which number turns out to be the farm) [though it never hurts to back up first]
I ended up copying one of the other directories (ship i think) over the broken castle interior one (with the hanging candelabras that blocked clicking on certain parts of the field when zoomed out, at least in horizontal orientation) so now I never have a problem.

After all it's just graphics. It shouldn't have a game effect.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 09:19:06 AM

Man I am totally going to try this tonight!  I hate that snow field!  The Farm is the best because it's easy to see chat, assists, dodge warnings, and there are no obstructions.

Judging by some clues in the Data\3d\Level directory, it looks like the numbering scheme is (I have no idea what the stadiums are actually called or what races they belong to, here is what I call them):

1 - Cotswold
2 - Cotswold (post-drought)
3 - Thunder Bluff
4 - Bowser's Castle
5 - Coliseum parking lot
6 - Buena Vista Farms
7 - The Ship
8 - Snowy Hell
9 - The Crypt, or perhaps The Undercity
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 04:56:11 PM

As far as I'm concerned, Bowser's Castle is the proper name for that particular pitch.

God Save the Horn Players
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 05:47:00 PM

Anyone have a link for this? Cyanide forums are down for me.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 11, 2011, 01:51:00 PM

Last night I played a multiplayer game against Sjofn.  She was stuck on the snowy tundra, whilst I played on my newly-modded happy farm.  We finished the game with no issues, and the warmer weather gave my players a clear advantage!  Now I just need to decide if I REALLY want every field to be the farm, or if that is too boring.

One thing not mentioned is that after you copy your "Data\3d\Level\Level_06" directory and rename it "Level_08" (or whatever), you have to go in and rename the "Level_06.nif" and "Level_06_02.nif" files to "Level_08.nif" and "Level_08_02.nif" or you will crash before kicking off.

For those that do this tweak, a couple caveats:
  • Start a SP Exhibition match and choose your "new" stadium to make sure it shows up correctly before going into multiplayer.
  • Keep a copy of the old files, just in case.
  • Steam will probably complain if you verify the files, so don't do that I guess.
  • The game will probably complain if there is ever a patch HAHAHAHHA yeah right a patch
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 02:43:47 AM

Updated link for this (this is still awesome, and now has been expanded to add more options covering more teams)

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=169

I've updated the link in the sticky as well.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:46:03 AM by eldaec »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 02:46:19 AM

Fyi, this still works with CE and is still great.

The last update was may so if you haven't downloaded since then you may want to do so again.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 04:41:59 PM

Couple of notes on the latest version of this, it includes a truly awful font that you'll want to remove before dumping it in the data folder, also it updates the team colour table, giving you way more options than previously - the problem being it will cause all your existing teams to change colour, and your opponent will see a completely different colour unless they have the table installed.

I'd recommend fishing both files out before installing.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl Community Content Pack -- fancier skins! new beards for dwarves!  
Jump to: