Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 08:18:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2 Retribution Beta and 50% off all DoW 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2 Retribution Beta and 50% off all DoW  (Read 3609 times)
Segoris
Terracotta Army

on: February 09, 2011, 03:59:22 PM

If you own any Dawn of War game on steam, go to your library and you have a beta available for Dawn of War 2 Retribution

Also, any Dawn of War 1 or 2 game is half off, except for Retribution packs. The Complete Dawn of War 2 pack is available (including a Retribution expansion) for $60 though, which is pretty good
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 03:35:45 AM

I looked at this, then saw the prices. I wonder if they're Ausfucked again?

As it happens, I can pick up a boxed Chaos Rising for 75% of the Steam sale price. Should it be $19.99?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 08:33:41 AM

Ausfucked indeed. US price is $9.99
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 11:51:49 PM

They set the prices like that because they are jealous of your kangaroos and koalas.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Kalle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 12:56:39 AM

Paypal an American you trust the money and have them gift you the game on Steam. Fixed.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 01:06:44 AM

It seems like a simple solution. I'm originally FROM America and can't manage to get that done. Then again most of my friends I still keep in contact with back in the States are all like "what's a paypal".  huh

I've had some people here do it for me every now and then on the random deal where the price difference is really big between the Staes and here, and always on some deal.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 04:51:24 AM

The Americans I trust who would also understand what Steam is are pretty much here on f13, but it can be tricky to ask on here and get a fast enough reply in time for a steam sale.

I just bought the boxed copies from the UK for AU$15. They should turn up in a week or two. It'll activate in steam anyway, but I'll also have the box/art/manual.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 07:58:12 AM

The Americans I trust who would also understand what Steam is are pretty much here on f13, but it can be tricky to ask on here and get a fast enough reply in time for a steam sale.

I just bought the boxed copies from the UK for AU$15. They should turn up in a week or two. It'll activate in steam anyway, but I'll also have the box/art/manual.

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to grab something. Plus, the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US right now Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 08:08:33 AM

I would've helped Az, but he hates guitar. AH'M SO OLD HERE WITH MAH GEETAR, WHASSA PAID PAL, SUMMUN GIT THAT KETTLE OFF THE FAR IT'S STEAMIN
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 03:41:16 PM

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 03:42:00 PM

Thanks Nix! Will do!

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 04:51:36 AM

I played a game or two of Rebtribution Multiplayer, and I think the game is significantly better than the last time I played it (last summer).

1) GFWL is gone by the looks of it?!?! All I know is where my GFWL info usually showed up, it was my steam info.  Hopefully this isn't just for beta or something.

2) The Ui is improved, you can now down vote maps you don't like.

3) The Army painter lets you see how your paint looks on some units besides commanders.

4) Light Vehicle Armor seems a lot less resistant to anti infantry fire, which is good considering the IG get sentinels at NO POWER COST in T1.  Hopefully this will mean less hard counters.

5) Imperial Guard is kind of awesome.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 06:13:26 AM

GFWL has indeed been taken out back and shot, and replaced with Steamworks.

And IG is indeed pretty awesome, in no small part due to Sents having that bullshit knockback/snare.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 06:45:08 AM

Any chance they pulled GFWL from the first two DoW2 titles?
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 08:07:35 AM

Any chance they pulled GFWL from the first two DoW2 titles?

My first thought as well, that turned me off to online play in DoW so fast when I couldn't even join with someone I wanted to play with without tons of effort.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 03:35:51 PM

Did they? I've got 2 (disc) copies of DOW2 that I haven't installed for just this reason...

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 04:56:00 PM

Unless there is some info on their website or somethingabout what will happen to the other games, I suspect we'll have to wait for the expansion to find out.  Also - if Chaos Rising is any indication, a lot of the new features minus the IG army and the new single player campaign will be available, so if you want to play Eldar or Space Marines with all the new multiplayer shiny you can probably do that without buying the expo.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2 Retribution Beta and 50% off all DoW  
Jump to: