Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:00:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: "I hate this game" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "I hate this game"  (Read 2089 times)
Setanta
Terracotta Army

on: February 05, 2011, 04:24:06 PM

Posted by SrJulie on the TOG forums:

I hate this game...

Yesterday, second day of being snow bound in the great midwestern blizzard of 2011 I spend all day finishing the level 4 mission "angel extravaganza". It was a challenge. I had offers for help but I wanted to go it alone and prove to myself I could do it. I did...but I spent all day doing it - and I enjoyed it.

I hate this game.

Some twit decides that Hulks aren't enough (apparently to many miners are now keeping thier hulks hidden most of the time so they are going after indies, noctis and primae). But what should it matter...asteroid mining is so boring it makes watching paint dry look like a wild drunken weekend in Las Vegas. But as boring as it is I still find mining "zen" and realize that as nasty as the gankers are it is a prime example of emergent gameplay. So I keep mining asteriod even though...

I hate this game.

I have come and gone many times. I log off for long stretches at a time - yet all the while kept logging back on to keep up my training schedule. I play other mmos and believe I have found a virtual home...and yet Eve keeps calling me back even though...

I hate this game.

CCP announces the new character creator. We all of portraits that look like people. We design our clothes right down to the detail on the undies even though no one will ever see them - "but you know what they look like" says CCP. I don't actually have a body, none of us do. We are the spaceship. CCP has promised walking in stations for so long without delivering that if it were between the fountain of youth and walking in stations I would say the fountain of youth has more chance of actually existing. But I keep playing even though...

I hate this game.

Eve you have a learning curve that is so steep that a it would take a team of Shirpa guides a decade to reach the summit. Yet I am taking time to master a second profession. Years of learning and I have barely scratched the surface. I don't need to play wow I already have three college degrees. Yet still I come back for more.

I hate this game.

I have a lifetime subscription to STO. Staff members from Cryptic are regular guests on our podcast including one of their executive producers. I love Star Trek. As I fly through the spaceways built by Cryptic I think only about the sun gleaming off the blue ocean outside the only jump gate that leads into my home system.

I love the goblins in World of Warcraft. I once said on our show "if Blizzard ever makes goblins a playable race I will return to Wow full time." I said it long before anyone ever thought about making them a playable race. They made goblins a playable race and I played through a few levels and returned to Eve even though...

I hate this game.

Ah Eve how I hate thee, CCP how I loathe thee! What is this sirens call that draws me back? How is it that New Eden is just like crack! Thanks so much for keep taking me back...I hate you.

I had to laugh and just nod my head and agree

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 04:19:47 PM

Same here. I hate this fucking game, managed to draw up an one year hiatus, and yet, here I'm back covops'ing enemy space.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: "I hate this game"  
Jump to: