Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:28:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: What do you do and where? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you do and where?  (Read 566529 times)
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: January 04, 2006, 09:50:06 AM

Any of you guys on LinkedIn? Might be useful for folks looking for jobs if we linked up some.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 12:42:22 PM by Viin »

- Viin
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #176 on: February 01, 2006, 05:38:53 PM

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Issele
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: February 01, 2006, 10:25:58 PM

Co-write songs with my sister ( That pays the bills)  Gaming Journalist in Tenn. ( My 1st love)  Currently contracted with Warner'Bros in Nashville.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=31696140
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #178 on: February 02, 2006, 04:06:01 AM

Co-write songs with my sister ( That pays the bills)  Gaming Journalist in Tenn. ( My 1st love)  Currently contracted with Warner'Bros in Nashville.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=31696140

Your profile is under construction!  How inconvenient.   angry

(by  angry, I really mean  tongue and  smiley but mostly  smiley)

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: February 02, 2006, 05:20:41 AM

Your css has issues with firefox.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #180 on: February 03, 2006, 04:46:27 AM

Ah what the hell - just noticed this thread. I'm a senior manager (ack!) of marketing infrastructure for a company called Business Objects. I started at a company called Crystal Decisions - we made Crystal reports if you've heard of it.

Am on linked in - search on

Pen Clark
Senior Manager, Marketing Infrastructure, Marketing Operations at Business Objects

EDIT: 37 years of youth, located in Vancouver, BC.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #181 on: February 03, 2006, 05:23:38 AM

Issele's profile works!   I don't know what the heck was wrong before.  YOU ARE ADORABLE!  Talented too, even.  And smart.  How does that happen all in one person?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #182 on: February 03, 2006, 07:49:26 AM

Issele's profile works!   I don't know what the heck was wrong before.  YOU ARE ADORABLE!  Talented too, even.  And smart.  How does that happen all in one person?

Music's pretty good, too.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: February 03, 2006, 09:35:29 AM

Computers and country music?  Is that allowed? (The few minutes listened to were good, just don't tell my friends I said that.  They cannot comprehend that I grew up listening to country.)

As for myself I am a staff member in a university chemistry department.  My technical title is LAN Administrator but I deal with anything from web pages to hand-holding.  If it involves computers, people call me about it.  Occassionally I get to put my chemsitry knowledge to work, which is nice seeing as that was the field of my first degree.  Being able to blend the two (Computers and chemistry, is that allowed!?  tongue) is enjoyable for me.

I just turned 33 and am in a relationship, but never married and without kids.  We are both heavy gamers, so we have our own gamer-widow support group.  We meet whenever the internet connection goes down and no good single-player games are out.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #184 on: February 03, 2006, 11:25:25 AM

I have blended computers and chemistry together for years.  This is why my posts sometimes make little sense to normal people.

Issele
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: February 03, 2006, 11:27:34 PM

Music's pretty good, too.

Thanks....
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: February 08, 2006, 01:32:24 PM

Import / Export.

SE United States.
schild
Administrator

Reply #187 on: February 08, 2006, 01:39:35 PM

Import / Export.

SE United States.

Drug Runner, Miami? I kid, I kid.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: February 08, 2006, 01:52:54 PM

Import / Export.

SE United States.

Drug Runner, Miami? I kid, I kid.

Not directly, but it has happened!
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #189 on: February 16, 2006, 06:19:06 AM

I'm a producer in a glass fishbowl called the Seven News Centre in downtown Sydney. We're Australia's biggest TV network, our programming is similar to ABC in the US but we use the NBC News theme music, and we have just married Yahoo: http://www.yahoo7.com.au

In my holidays I usually travel overland in other countries, mostly by bicycle (about 13,000km of it so far). It's freedom, it's slow enough to smell the roses/roadkill, but fast enough to see plenty.

At 35 I am old enough to have also had a career in IT journalism. In the 1990s I was geek.famous as features editor of the biggest computer magazine in Australia, but the whole time I was wishing for a job in mainstream journalism. Nowadays I am mainlining mainstream.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 06:48:32 AM by Tale »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #190 on: February 16, 2006, 06:46:59 AM

You stay classy, Sydney!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #191 on: February 16, 2006, 01:43:35 PM

I started at a company called Crystal Decisions - we made Crystal reports if you've heard of it.

Heh, yeah.  We use that... for something.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: February 21, 2006, 10:14:58 AM

I'm a senior manager (ack!) of marketing infrastructure for a company called Business Objects.

Not Business Objects of BusinessObjectstm 6.1a fame?  Your product and its dependence on a particularly nasty Oracle installation has been the bane of my existance for the past several weeks.  I should like to challenge you to a duel.   tongue

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Kalli Karlsson
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: February 24, 2006, 03:01:32 PM

Hey!

I'm pretty much a lurker around here, but I'll give some output;

I'm twentythree, residing in Iceland. I moved here because I was bored with Oslo (Norway). And, it's been semi successfull. Horrible to start with (had to work in a storage with some Vietnamese), I was working three jobs at the same time in the middle of my WOW addiction. Well, now I work as an commercial editor/web maintainance guy for a film company here. I'm not learning alot about drama, but more on how to sell a product and make people laugh. It's pretty neat, since I'm in <<The Comfort Zone>>, in six months I'll be living in London and study, and in twenty years I'll still be sitting in a caravan somwhere in Colombia, making artzy games for my five man fan-club.

Ten thumbs up!

indeed?
WayAbvPar

Reply #194 on: February 24, 2006, 03:47:15 PM

Iceland? Go apply at CCP! We could use an inside mole for EVE  :-D

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Kalli Karlsson
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: February 25, 2006, 05:16:29 AM

I met with EVEs Technical Art Director (I think it was), and had a chat with him. But I've never been into EVE so he sounded pretty; "Meeeeeh...". I wouldn't have minded, but tthey had just recruited alot of new QA's, and since I'm moving away this autumn they weren't really that keen on hiring me.

Thinking back, I still have the 50day promo card he gave me... Maybe it's time to check it out?

indeed?
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: February 25, 2006, 05:57:38 AM

I'm a just turned 21 male.

Droped out of college fairly recently, had the luck of geting headhunted shortly afterwards. Now working as a Programmer / SEO for a company delivering complete internet sollutions for small -> average sized companies. The pay is fairly good but I'm planning on picking up college studies once again but at a diffrent location.

I currently live in Växjö, Sweden.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 06:34:56 AM by Sairon »
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #197 on: March 01, 2006, 06:38:58 PM

Horrible to start with (had to work in a storage with some Vietnamese),

I love pho bo with extra nuoc mam. What are you have against Vietnamese? You are talking about food, right?

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #198 on: March 02, 2006, 11:08:06 AM

Of course he's talking about food.  After living in Iceland on cod for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, all you want to talk about is other peoples food.  Hell, if I lived in Iceland, I'd be tempted to eat an entire Vietnamese family!

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: March 28, 2006, 05:37:27 AM

Hell, if I lived in Iceland, I'd be tempted to eat an entire Vietnamese family!
What does that have to do with iceland ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #200 on: March 28, 2006, 06:34:33 AM

I don't know.  Cod or something.  I posted that AGES ago.  What?  I'm supposed to remember stuff now???

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: April 03, 2006, 11:27:13 AM

Code monkey for a not for profit publicly funded research/community support project.

Working on make a lat move over to an ultra low power CMOS research project starting up in a few months (Mmm, post grad work in a commercially relevant engineering subject, how rare is that?).

Now 34 and as of May 15th will have finished a major portion of my lat move and be working doing CMOS VLSI design for #71 on the Fortune 500.  I think this will be MUCH more interesting than web forms and database apps.  There is a bottle of Glenlivet at home that keeps calling my cell phone, wants me to come over and drink it.  I think I will have to oblige.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 11:32:10 AM by Murgos »

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #202 on: April 03, 2006, 11:56:54 AM

I'm glad I don't have two birthdays each year.  Not that I even bother counting them all anyway, but still....

Just sayin'.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: April 03, 2006, 12:18:33 PM

I'm glad I don't have two birthdays each year.  Not that I even bother counting them all anyway, but still....

Just sayin'.

The date of my birthday is between the day of the original post date on the first post and today...

Let me just say, it's been a long year.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 12:39:38 PM by Murgos »

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #204 on: April 11, 2006, 07:41:02 PM

I work at NDA making  NDA

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #205 on: April 12, 2006, 12:48:07 AM

What the hell, might as well get in the dogpile.

24. I work at a very large software company writing consumer-targeted PC security software. They call me a software engineer, although I prefer to state that I'm in the "puppy kicking" department.
Mortriden
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: April 12, 2006, 10:36:49 AM

Well hell

I work in a manufacturing plant.  My job is to oversee people we pull in off the street to do one of the easiest jobs ever concived.

Despite the fact we hire temps on a daliy basis to work on our products, I can't really say what we build because of our  NDA; how lame is that?

It's like calling shenanigans.  But you say "jihad" instead. - Llava
They are out there, but they are bi-products of funny families. If you know funny old people, see if they have daughters. -Paelos
Yes my seed is that strong. I literally clap my hands and women are with child. -Paelos
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #207 on: April 20, 2006, 10:27:05 AM

Not much more lame than being asked to be a "corporate advocate" in everything I do.  For no extra pay, I'm supposed to pimp for a company that arguably has one of the most effective marketing departments in the world.  Bah.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #208 on: April 21, 2006, 02:16:24 PM

Microsoft?

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
sarius
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: April 26, 2006, 11:32:48 AM

Systems Engineer

Accomplishes design tasks without being directed.  Reads multiple management minds and produces enough to survive.
Favorite Drink: Diet Coke since 1994, Whiskey Sours previous to that.

It's always our desire to control that leads to injustice and inequity. -- Mary Gordon
“Call it amnesty, call it a banana if you want to, but it’s earned citizenship.” -- John McCain (still learning English apparently)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: What do you do and where?  
Jump to: