Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:43:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Think Darkfalls Siege System will fare better than SB? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Think Darkfalls Siege System will fare better than SB?  (Read 23189 times)
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: April 21, 2004, 07:12:45 AM

No radar..Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't every game that's excluded radar quickly been hacked and one created (EQ/UO/DAoC)? Supposedly it's pretty easy for a hacker/programmer to intercept data and then generate all the gleaned info  onto a nice radar map for people to DL. I'd prefer no radar for everyone, but I'd rather everyone had it than just some cheaters.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: April 23, 2004, 09:47:12 AM

After SB, I really DO want radar, immersion be damned. But I want radar that follows LOS (i.e. if I can't SEE it in game, I can't see it on the radar).

If AOE spells are not "twitch-based" expect that to be the most favored damage magic, similar to the way FPS players all want the BFG or rocket launcher types.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 23, 2004, 02:32:05 PM

A rocket launcher wouldnt be so popular if it took a minute to reload, and you were helpless while you did it.
Romp
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 27, 2004, 12:44:59 AM

They have said there will be a radar but it wont show the location of players, or if it does it will only be people within LOS.  The former was how UO always did it.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Think Darkfalls Siege System will fare better than SB?  
Jump to: