Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:28:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Wall Street 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wall Street 2  (Read 1233 times)
brellium
Terracotta Army

on: January 29, 2011, 08:43:02 PM

Picked it up as part of the box set, was not impressed.

Just seemed to preachy to me. Maybe I just know enough about what happened leading upto and prior to the crash. It was as if Stone took every marketable line anyone said prior to, during or after the crash and then shoe horned it to fit into the story.

"If you rode as hard as I ride every single day for the rest of your life you would never ride like I ride."  Corny.

Though the cell phone was awesome.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 12:20:18 PM

Shia LeBouef

nuff said

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 09:55:04 AM

Stone figured out that the original movie did not teach the lesson he expected it to, and that Wall Street actually idolized Gordon Gecko. So I'm not surprised he wrote the sequel as heavy handed as you say.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 10:45:56 AM

I think they learned the lesson from the first movie :  The lesson was Don't Get Caught.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Wall Street 2  
Jump to: