Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:38:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Transition to Ranked play 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Transition to Ranked play  (Read 4596 times)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

on: January 24, 2011, 02:15:36 PM

Megrim's question go me thinking about Ranked games.  I have never played a rank game even after 1400+ normal games.  Mainly, I feel don't wish to ruin some try hard's game.  So I was wondering about what you guys think about would needed to be reasonable prepared to play ranked games?

"Me am play gods"
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 02:56:34 PM

Its not all the differant unless you get super high ranked, just pick a decent champion and pick based on what role you can fill in the lineup, not just what you feel like playing.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 06:18:04 AM

After 1400 games you better at least play one ranked game! :) They are pretty fun, actually.

Now that I have a jungler, an offtank, and a DPS im good with I'd be way more comfortable q'in up for one. My new problem now is the twins can wake up at any time and screw over my game. So, normal games for me!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 12:24:36 PM

Ya, so I am solid with Rammus, not completely terrible with aniva and MF.  I have been looking for a jungler but failed with both Udyr and Trundle.

"Me am play gods"
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 12:43:36 PM

Try Olaf or Warwick
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 02:08:51 PM

What's wrong with Jungle Rammus?
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 02:17:09 PM

Nothing, but I think he's looking for a couple of alternatives in case his comfort zones get picked by someone else and he needs to fill a role.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 02:19:51 PM

I don't like Jungle Rammus:
1) Easy to fuck with since he must do golem first and slow his progression.
2) has to prioties dbc over taunt which stunts is ganking ability.  Jungler who isn't good at early ganks is sub standard.
3) not as good as Rammus with a good dps lane partner.

At this point I would only jungle Rammus in a pre-made.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 02:24:46 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 02:47:11 PM

I don't like Jungle Rammus:
1) Easy to fuck with since he must do golem first and slow his progression.
2) has to prioties dbc over taunt which stunts is ganking ability.  Jungler who isn't good at early ganks is sub standard.
3) not as good as Rammus with a good dps lane partner.

At this point I would only jungle Rammus in a pre-made.

I'm going to let Thrawn handle this one... but to put it briefly you are wrong.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 02:57:30 PM

*shocked*

"Me am play gods"
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 05:09:03 AM

I'm going to let Thrawn handle this one... but to put it briefly you are wrong.

*edit* Didn't like my first post, re-wrote it. :P

Well, first to be fair I haven't played a ton lately so I'm not aware of any major patch/meta changes that effect Rammus.

I'm not sure if Tazel and I play the same Rammus.

Rammus is very hard to mess with jungling because he levels his W and has Powerball at 2 which makes him so hard to kill if you go for a gank on him and you normaly take Flash for even more of an escape cushion.  Personaly I do Double Golems > Wraiths > Wolves > Blue Buff.  My only big gripe (and it is a big one) with Rammus as a jungler is his lack of ability to do Dragon like I can early with WW/Shen/Udyr/whoever...  But I hit level 5 before solo hits 6 so I'm usually ahead of dual lanes in leveling early at least.  He's one of the fastest/easiest junglers in the game so your rotation runs very fast and smoothly.  I would put him at a pretty high ban pick in ranked.

You can start ganking at 3 or 4 when you get Lizard and start leveling taunt and you can gank very very well with Powerball knockup into Taunt.  Just don't always on reflex auto-taunt after powerball.  Often it works better to wait until they start to run, of if they flash you can flash after them and then taunt.  Having flash lets you do even more annoying tricks like jump over a line of creeps that someone thinks they are safe from power ball hiding behind.  Usually you will at least force someone to burn flash and/or ghsot every time you try to gank a lane.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 06:09:41 AM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 05:24:26 AM

Only recent change was the Taunt CD from 9 --> 12 seconds.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Transition to Ranked play  
Jump to: